Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

SF Amber (THE deck)

So, this is THE deck for amber I have put together recently, THE because this is a widely-popular and traditional deck centering on resource acceleration with jeweler's dream. Please feel free to comment on it!

41 cards (hero+40 cards): Amber

Allies (18 17)
    3X Champion of Irum
    4X Yari Bladedancer
    3X 2X Aldon the Brave
    4X Zailen Crusader
    2X Gaderi Reaver
    2X Yari Marksman

Abilities (15)
    4X Crippling Blow
    4X Blood Frenzy
    4X Treasured Heirloom
    2X A Legend Rises
    1X Enrage

Items (7 8)
    4X Jeweler's Dream
    3X 2X Reserve Weapon
    2X War Flail

Card Choices (allies)
    CoI, Bladedancer:
    Typical staples for T2 drops, CoI going second, Bladedancer going first.

Aldon the Brave:
    Also a widely used card for T3 drop in human decks, has a sizable chance for survival with 4 health.

Zailen Crusader:
    Crusader is very strong during first few turns of the game as she grants you huge tempo gain. Go with the theme of resource acceleration, plus the resource effect can be accumulated with several Crusaders on board. Synergies with CB to secure board control. In the upcoming version, Crusader will become a 2/4, which definitely grants her more survivability.

Gaderi Reaver:
    I would say this guy can be a game-changer when used well. With the ability to destroy any abilities or items (high versatility), it can destroy things like KP, AoA or simply revive a crippled ally (given that the condition is met, of course). Huge board threat as a 4/4.

Marksman:
    Synergy with CB to instant-kill any third ally entering play. Meatshield as a 4/2.

Card choice (abilities)
    CB: Staple for most warriors, especially nice synergies here with JD and Crusader.

BF, TH: Draw engines, cast BF as soon as possible (given that you don't lose board control). TH as secondary draw, nice idea to stick one on T2 drops if you don't draw out BF by then.

A legend rises:
    Surprise attack by crippled allies can turn the game back (for example turning a 0/5 CoI to 5/6, like a boss lol). Synergy with Crusaders.

Enrage: Health boost to surprise deathracers, but don't expect too much from it against Jericho, warriors and wulvens (with SS)

Card choice for items... explanations needed? perhaps on the number of copies though...
    Quote Originally Posted by SaviorReborn View Post
    Lythian Sledgehammer is worth consideration in this deck. With a maximum attack of 5 (original 2+Amber's ability+Reserve Weapon bring-back), it can really pose a threat and even end the game when the opponent comes down to low health. I tried running 2 or 3 copies of sledgehammer with Amber before, but when it comes to a choice between JD and sledgehammer, I personally favour JD as it serves another function of tempo-boosting alongside its damage output.

Another good point for the sledgehammer may be the fact that (in the upcoming update) it can't be destroyed unless reaching 0 durability.
    Possible (early-game) combos:
    T3: Crusader+CB
    T4: JD+CB, Crusader+TH
    T5: (if JD remains intact lol) you can do a lot already, with a Crusader and JD on board, you can play on 5+2+2=9 resources already...
    (if JD is not yet cast) JD+BF, JD+TH are nice combos

Please do comment and give some advice
    Last edited by SaviorReborn; 06-09-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My first thought was: "Amber or Vess?". The heavy utilization of attachments fits Vess more. To me some key-cards are missing. If you focus on tempo, where is Visca? I personaly think Amber goes better with so heavy weapons, like Flail or Sledgehammer! Still solid deck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post
    My first thought was: "Amber or Vess?". The heavy utilization of attachments fits Vess more. To me some key-cards are missing. If you focus on tempo, where is Visca? I personaly think Amber goes better with so heavy weapons, like Flail or Sledgehammer! Still solid deck!
    I do agree that this deck has a heavier emphasis on attachments than traditional Amber decks, but the overarching idea of this deck is still on gaining tempo through JD and Crusaders (which inevitably demands the inclusion of attachments). One noticeable advantage of this deck over Vess's attachment-based is that this deck works much more efficiently in reclaiming board control. I tend not to include too many attachments here because after all you need to secure allies on the board before you can benefit from the attachments.

Sledgehammer is worth consideration in this deck. With a maximum attack of 5 (original 2+Amber's ability+Reserve Weapon bring-back), it can really pose a threat and even end the game when the opponent comes down to low health. I tried running 2 or 3 copies of sledgehammer with Amber before, but when it comes to a choice between JD and sledgehammer, I personally favour JD as it serves another function of tempo-boosting alongside its damage output.

Another good point for the sledgehammer may be the fact that (in the upcoming update) it can't be destroyed unless reaching 0 durability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't you find you don't always draw JD early enough. I think you need two more weapons.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my opinion War flail works quite good. 4 unblockable dmg is beast.
    Member of the EX

"The Exiled Ones- Honor is overrated."

Played monster hunter freedom unite and mh tri.
    mhfu: Hr 9 and Ukanlos down.
    mhtri: Hr 99; yeah kind of funny xD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    as a 2 off
    Member of the EX

"The Exiled Ones- Honor is overrated."

Played monster hunter freedom unite and mh tri.
    mhfu: Hr 9 and Ukanlos down.
    mhtri: Hr 99; yeah kind of funny xD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You have to still remember that War Flail doesn't go through armor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see that extra weapons are necessary, and also the 3 damage from JD is not enough to clear most 3cc allies. So I will replace an aldon and a reserve weapon with two war flails, gonna test with this now

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ..well, the way i always seen JD was not really to kill allies (sure, why not if they low on health), but mainly for the resource acceleration, or 'tempo' if u will, it provides. with Amber u play t1-nothing into t2-ally (maybe) into t3-BF into t4-JD,...most of the builds want to play like this, so u eventually played NO ally until your t5, thus the 2 renewed resources at t4 are usually the only way how to stay in the game (by allowing 2cc ally or CB, or even a Retreat)
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts