Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Startleshell Vest not working in meltdown

Hi all-
    Just finished a game of meltdown playing Aramia and got out Startleshell Vest on T3 just to fend off a bit, every time I got hit in combat the durability would lose -1 point and the defense stayed 0 and did not increase to a 3 defense until the next turn as it should (at least not visibly). I searched all over the forum and found no reports on this yet and surprised me.

Playing on a Mac, with current version 2.281

Not sure how you'd recreate this, I used 3 SF packs and 1 CotC

Game was against Nedhead
    Last edited by tafkad; 06-28-2014 at 01:39 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you have read the card wrong. When you take combat damage, the defense if increased only until the end of the current turn.
    The only real use for the card is to make it not worth it to attack you more than once in the same turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^Card say ultil start of your next turn..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by facit View Post
    I think you have read the card wrong. When you take combat damage, the defense if increased only until the end of the current turn.
    The only real use for the card is to make it not worth it to attack you more than once in the same turn.
    read the card again, and then read what I wrote again, repeat the process until you get it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The first hit by an opponent's ally knocks off durability and doesn't prevent any damage... It is like your hero says 'Ouch! I better block the next one."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by zookeepre View Post
    The first hit by an opponent's ally knocks off durability and doesn't prevent any damage... It is like your hero says 'Ouch! I better block the next one."
    Haha zoo - ouch!

It's after the first hit that the vest is supposed to provide a +3 defense until the start of owners next turn, the vest stays at 0 defense - other cards update changes and modifications visibly and the 0 should turn into a 3 and does not (even if for a short period)

I've attacked against the vest in MD as well and it is the same deal, seems to provide the defense bonus after the first hit, it just does not update the card to show when the vest has a 3 defense (it is always 0)

anyway jank card for now and a minor issue not worth the time especially in a game missing a lot of art still...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ..i wouldnt agree this is minor. EACH and EVERY card must do EXACTLY what it has in its text, period

i rather have card w/o art and workin properly than a fancy looking one that is useless
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    ..i wouldnt agree this is minor. EACH and EVERY card must do EXACTLY what it has in its text, period

i rather have card w/o art and workin properly than a fancy looking one that is useless

Yes this is true, just sad that 2 updates with the new cards have been released and still a lot of missing art.

Since there will always be plenty of cards that are not buggy with great art that are in fact useless and will rarely see play, it's reason enough to make sure all cards work properly (as if a reason is needed to do this). The ones that will see play must function as should, so you are right too - nothing minor about issues this "late in the game" pun intended. Meltdown really puts these cards to the test since you must choose from a limited pool to play with for each match and will find yourself using cards you might never use in constructed, at which point the cards must work as intended in every way.

Thanks to all for the input and efforts