Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stoneskin

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I based my initial thought process on the exact same deck.

Then I came to realize that we need a cheap guy to put the enchantments on, we need the enchantments themselves to do a lot of things (which the enchantments in SE don't do) and we need to not get our single guy killed by every deck in the game.

Bogles can't be targeted by opposing spells. Literally every single playable ally in SE can. That's the difference and that's why I couldn't figure out ways to make the deck work. I would play a guy, play an enchantment or two and then get it killed by a 1 for 3 removal spell.

And I completely agree with you that's why STONESKIN as a neutral abillity would give some Evasion that's why I understand you saying there's not enough but combined with will to fight you can haste clear ally on board and stone skin will protect from -1 dmg reduction and abillity proof that's why I want Wulven to see this debate hopefully they might like the idea of ally based attachment decks!
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Reinforced Armor is neutral card.
    I know but it can still be removed easily by abillities such as banish and stone skins better it reduces damage by 1 and it distrupts abillities that target so it changes tempo it gives attachment ally based decks a fighting chance against all the insta kill cards that Wulven has that harder they fall etc and it gives room for creativity as well if anyone can use it
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviosablade View Post
    And I completely agree with you that's why STONESKIN as a neutral abillity would give some Evasion that's why I understand you saying there's not enough but combined with will to fight you can haste clear ally on board and stone skin will protect from -1 dmg reduction and abillity proof that's why I want Wulven to see this debate hopefully they might like the idea of ally based attachment decks!
    Stoneskin can easily be played around though with things like DMT, Krygon, and others. It really isn't as good as it first looks.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Peithoson View Post
    Stoneskin can easily be played around though with things like DMT, Krygon, and others. It really isn't as good as it first looks.
    I know that that's why I feel it's a fair deal if they do make it neutral I'm saying to give attachment ally based decks a fighting chance I know stone skin can be played around easily that's why I want to give the idea out to make it neutral I know for a fact that it'll help but it won't be overpowered it's just so that attachment decks can be played with some protection is all that I am saying because killing an attachment ally is to easy but with stone skin it'll be more effort but at the same time it can be countered so it gives players a chance to play it and play against it
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, yeah, I suppose making Stoneskin is fine but that doesn't exactly erase the biggest problem with the deck. Now the opponent only needs two removal spells instead of one. I also don't like the fact that it doesn't give combat stats.

I'll explain what we are talking about a bit:

Bogles as a deck is designed as a deathrace deck and that's basically not supported in SE in any way. The deck tries to kill the opponent, or give you an insurmountable advantage before any board wipe hit the field. It also intends on preventing creature combat based decks from operating by either making the Bogle too huge for any combat to happen, or by making the Bogle evade creature combat.

In a sense, Bogles runs a lot like an aggro deck as in that it wants to kill the opponent with as little interaction as possible. On the other hand, it's an inconsistent deck and it can die to itself. It also dies to non-targeted removal because it operates around a single creature.

The deck is designed to prey on control decks that rely on cheap removal, card advantage engines and slow win conditions. That's why I don't think we'll ever see a deck like that in this game. It's comparable to the pre-nerf Wisp deck, except it's a bit more extreme than that. If it stumbles, it stumbles hard but if it works, it just takes off.

I think the deck is like a tier 2 deck currently. It can beat every deck in the format but combine it being able to kill itself with the fact that it doesn't interact, in a metagame full of combo decks, it's a bit of a dangerous deck to bring to bigger events.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Well, yeah, I suppose making Stoneskin is fine but that doesn't exactly erase the biggest problem with the deck. Now the opponent only needs two removal spells instead of one. I also don't like the fact that it doesn't give combat stats.

I'll explain what we are talking about a bit:

Bogles as a deck is designed as a deathrace deck and that's basically not supported in SE in any way. The deck tries to kill the opponent, or give you an insurmountable advantage before any board wipe hit the field. It also intends on preventing creature combat based decks from operating by either making the Bogle too huge for any combat to happen, or by making the Bogle evade creature combat.

In a sense, Bogles runs a lot like an aggro deck as in that it wants to kill the opponent with as little interaction as possible. On the other hand, it's an inconsistent deck and it can die to itself. It also dies to non-targeted removal because it operates around a single creature.

The deck is designed to prey on control decks that rely on cheap removal, card advantage engines and slow win conditions. That's why I don't think we'll ever see a deck like that in this game. It's comparable to the pre-nerf Wisp deck, except it's a bit more extreme than that. If it stumbles, it stumbles hard but if it works, it just takes off.

I think the deck is like a tier 2 deck currently. It can beat every deck in the format but combine it being able to kill itself with the fact that it doesn't interact, in a metagame full of combo decks, it's a bit of a dangerous deck to bring to bigger events.
    I completely agree you have great points on the subject I'm glad you did come by this thread
    Making stone skin will allow for a new style of play and not be so stressful and. I understand completely if only SE had hex proof!
    But STONESKIN is more of a realistic achievement for the attachment deck styles
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Anyone care to school poor Airact?
    So what do you think gondorian?
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviosablade View Post
    So what do you think gondorian?
    I like it as a Mage attachment because it is meant to represent an ongoing magical protection and encourage use of fatter allies in Mage decks. Gravebone uses it to protect his resurrected dudes, for example.

If ally attachment decks for all classes need help when SF is locked down, we can design solutions in the next set. I think we are already at a decent point in the evolution of ally attachments, after we set about making them more worthwhile in DP and now SF. There was a time that everyone said they were not worth using at all due to card disadvantage but we've done a lot of different things to make them viable already and we can do more in future.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like it as a Mage attachment because it is meant to represent an ongoing magical protection and encourage use of fatter allies in Mage decks. Gravebone uses it to protect his resurrected dudes, for example.

If ally attachment decks for all classes need help when SF is locked down, we can design solutions in the next set. I think we are already at a decent point in the evolution of ally attachments, after we set about making them more worthwhile in DP and now SF. There was a time that everyone said they were not worth using at all due to card disadvantage but we've done a lot of different things to make them viable already and we can do more in future.
    Ah alright well I'm glad I got a response but hey I have a lot to look forward too then thanks man sorry if I was annoying
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

But at the same time attachments thee are so many of them that people might want to make them it'll make things interesting you know how can I protect my allies using vess swift hands?
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13