Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New player with Zaladar

Hello, i just started playing this week and really liking SE so far as an alternative to mtg. playing zaladar because mind control seems busted when i first saw it. i've read couple of pinned post/articles and have decided to spent $5 for this deck but there's a lot of card that i cant afford still so its pretty budget atm. some of the card i want to test is also out of stock

3 Shadow Knight
    3 Infernal Gargoyle
    3 Death Mage Thaddeus
    3 Disciple of Aldmor
    2 Furrion Terror
    2 Grimghast

4 Shrike of Vengeance
    3 Mind Control
    3 Shadowspawn
    2 Soul Reaper
    2 Wave Collapse
    2 Energy Discharge
    1 Shadow Font
    1 Widespread Decay
    1 The Harder They Fall

3 Antimatter
    2 Ghostmaker

one of the reason i like this game is i can play situational cards (there's a lot here) with little drawback. also its good to know if i lose i still get to play my card

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seems like you need more t2 plays. I recommend Ironhide Karash as 4x.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with wrathofcroft you might want to include a t2 ally and ironhide karash is one of the best for shadow. You may also want to consider more draw as you only have 3 draw cards in your deck.
    PROUD MEMBER OF E2E (ENLISTED TO ENDURE)

http://enlistedtoendure.com/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to Shadow Era! Glad you're enjoying the game and hope to see you in the quick matches! Keep checking the merchant and the cards you're looking for should appear eventually

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    how necessary is it to play t2 ally? i dont have much knowledge on card pool but off games that i've played, most threats seem to be midrange-ish (t3 above). i mean i have tested karash but doesnt seem to have much impact. Would Transference be preferable as T2 play? (as it's also a card draw of sort)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranium View Post
    how necessary is it to play t2 ally? i dont have much knowledge on card pool but off games that i've played, most threats seem to be midrange-ish (t3 above). i mean i have tested karash but doesnt seem to have much impact. Would Transference be preferable as T2 play? (as it's also a card draw of sort)
    Hey Cranium!

Welcome to the game! Glad you are liking it! Right now for shadow... a T2 ally is pretty important since most Shadow decks will look to cast T3 Krygon and deal 4 damage on T3 to kill most 4 health 2CC or 3CC allies... that is a very powerful start

With your deck, i question your abilities... i really think you could

-3 Shadowspawn
    +3 Shadow font
    -1 Shriek
    +1 Antimatter

as a start towards tuning your deck... Good luck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi and welcome to the forums.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranium View Post
    Well if you dont have any t2 plays, you will lose tempo by not playing anything on t2 but the occasional Antimatter, which you really wont be able to use till t5 or t6 unless you give up even more tempo and board. IK is awesome for more than just a t2 ally, btw.

Transference is seen as a bad card because it doesnt change the board state, and is 0 card value. Meaning you spend a card and gain a card.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the game and forums!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the forums!

I would agree that having a T2 play can be quite important, so go with adding Ironhide Karash, Harbinger of the Lost or even Brutalis (no frills option, but very good if you are on a budget as you likely have some already from your starter decks). Playing Antimatter is usually not terrible, but as previously stated, don't really count on using it till turn 5 or 6 at best.

I'd pass on Shadowspawn (and Transference), and suggest adding Shadow Font. I prefer card draw that doesn't help my opponent so you may want to try out Sacrificial Lamb or Falseblood Cultist. Bad Santa helps you both, can be really hard to find/buy on the market, and doesn't seem to help as much unless your deck is built to rush your opponent and kill them fast.
    Last edited by Nanock; 06-03-2014 at 06:45 PM.