Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Earthen protector and sun-blighted one.

Hello to whoever reads this.
    My problem is the next.
    Sun-blighted one should be 7/6 when he dies while earthen protector is one the field. Right?

I mean, his effect says that when he comes back fromt the graveyard he gets +2/1. Plus earthen protector's effect +2/2

So, why doesnt that happen when i try this? It used to do it before. Now it doesnt and i dont know why the dev or whoever is behind this type of thing destroyed that combo.
    leader of the exiled ones
    honor is overrated

Want to join?come to our forums:http://theexiledones.freeforums.net

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heya,

The reason Sun-blighted one will not come back as a 7/6 is because it doesn't ever make it to the graveyard. Essentially, when an ally is killed (dealt lethal damage) it will linger on the board long enough to resolve any relevant abilities. This includes abilities such as "on damage" and "on death" triggers. After these abilities have resolved the ally will be sent to the graveyard. In your example Earthen Protector's "on death" ability will trigger when Sun-blighted one is killed and will cause Sun-blighted one to be saved by Earthen Protector. The end result will be your Sun-blighted one returned to play with its base stats (3/3) plus a bonus +2 base attack and +2 health (making it a 5/5). Earthen Protector will then be sent to the graveyard in place of the Sun-blighted one.

Hope that helps!
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101