Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

advice on my Majiya deck

I originally based this on a deck that was posted ages ago, and since have been tweaking it. I'm floating around the 190s, but that's probably just as much me not being a skilled player as it is the deck.

Here it is:

Hero: Majiya

Allies (17) organized by cost
    X4 Frostmare
    x4 Infernal Gargoyle
    X3 Rampant Krygon
    x3 Death Mage Thaddeus
    x3 Plasma Behemoth

Abilities (16)

x2 Shriek of Vengeance
    x2 Sacrificial Lamb
    x4 Fireball
    x3 Lightning Strike
    x3 Transmogrification curse
    x2 Ley Line Nexus

Items (6)
    x3 Tome of Knowledge
    x3 Dagger of Unmaking

Strategy:
    T1: Sac (if opponent plays a kris and I have a frostmare, play it)
    T2: Sac Frostmare (If playing against a hero with little item control I MAY play a ToK)
    T3: Infernal or Krygon depending on what opponent has on board
    T4: ToK or generally need a lightning strike at this point.

General strategy: I tend to take a few early lumps but focus on keeping the board clear until I can drop a PB. DoU is for controlling fatties, Transmorg is for Sandworms and anything not controlled by a DoU. A lot of times by mid to late game I can throw fireballs and LS at opponents without fear.

What gets me consistently: Ally-less mage, really fast rush mage. Games that go on too long and I get decked from drawing so many cards.

Thanks for the feedback y'all

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First glance this deck seems to be trying to do a small ally rush and finish the opponent with burns but it is still failing in both departments. Both ways you can not deliver enough damage due to the lack of cards for the strategy and I can probably guess you struggle to control the field which is why you are using x3 Dagger of Unmaking. Here is a deck similar to yours so you can keep close to the same build and cards you prefer but is structured different to help create better focus in its strategy:

***HERO***
    Majiya

***Allies (17)***
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    4x Shadow Knight
    4x Ironhide Karash
    3x Rampant Krygon
    3x Voracious Arachnid

***Abilities (19)***
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    2x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Sacrificial Lamb
    2x Ley Line Nexus
    2x Incendiary Curse
    3x Transmogrification Curse

***Items (3)***
    3x Tome of Knowledge

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero
    Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.
    IGN: AP BlackAngel

free online tournament with prizes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks. You definitely answered of the things that had been nagging me: whether or not PB was worth it. Seems like he's really not.

Why Ironhide for the 2 drop? I seem him some, but there are SOOOO many options out there, and I feel like a there's a lot that can deal him the 3 damage he needs to get killed pretty quick...
    Last edited by Th3thanx; 05-26-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3thanx View Post
    Thanks. You definitely answered of the things that had been nagging me: whether or not PB was worth it. Seems like he's really not.
    It really depends. Shadow Knight is squishy and is usually used in Portal builds where PB is too resource heavy. But with no Portal....
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    It really depends. Shadow Knight is squishy and is usually used in Portal builds where PB is too resource heavy. But with no Portal....
    So is a competitive Majiya deck only viable with Portal?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3thanx View Post

Why Ironhide for the 2 drop? I seem him some, but there are SOOOO many options out there, and I feel like a there's a lot that can deal him the 3 damage he needs to get killed pretty quick...
    Remember Ironhide is meant to help establish the field early game but he is also useful late game against certain heroes and decks, like heroes that use weapons. Plasma Behemoth is not a bad ally I just prefer Shadow Knight since he doesn't require any more resources after playing him and can bring back allies to your hand. Also SK looping it is an awesome way to wear out your opponent's burn cards
    Member of Alpha Predator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @BlackAngel
    ah that makes sense. thx

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My biggest piece of advice I can give you when playing Mages is try to establish board control on turn 2 instead of playing down Tome of Knowledge. Playing ToK over an ally this early in the game can be a huge momentum loss since you cannot use it probably until turn 4 at the earliest. Play allies back to back on turn 2 and 3 and then play down ToK on turn 4 and get instant access to his ability. Now you have board control and a draw engine!
    Member of Alpha Predator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, I try not to drop a ToK on T2 unless I have nothing else... and even then I sometimes hold it cuz I don't want it getting destroyed before I draw a card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I main Majiya, and definitely like your style, portal- less Majiya. Not many people expect it. However, If you think LLN isn't working for you, try Raspacious Vermin. Excellent creature tech-card for 2 cc. This card has won me some close games. The drawback is that it ticks 1 health off your hero every turn and requires 3 of enemy abilities and/or items (armor, artifacts, weapons etc) to be present on the board. Although this shouldn't be a problem since opponents like to use a lot of attachments, traps, weapons, artifacts. Besides, it gains + 1 health and damage. Heh, it seems I gave you a full introduction on RV. One more thing though, it cannot remove opponet's attachments but it does count them since they are considered abilities. Anyway, this is up to you. Good Luck!