Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Help. CotC Solo Eladwen. maybe w/ DP.

Hello and thank you in advance.
    Short story. I have a deck for every CotC human hero, and each class, one solo and one heavy with allies. exception are the priest cause I know with CotC card pool it's not viable to have a solo priest. any way I'm having trouble with Serena solo (another topic for later) and Eladwen solo... now I know Nishaven is a better choice for solo mage build but I'm really happy with my current portal Nishaven that is exelent with his ability and doesn't work half as well with Eladwen's ability.
    any way I only buy cards with gold and already have almost every card for human faction from CotC except weapons and armour which is why I would like to stay with this card pool for now also I'm also an ex MTG player (stopped playing cause I moved to a place where no one knows of such things) so I'm willing to go up to 60 card deck cause I know they work any more and well..no. also with the new DP set I think its viable to go 60 so that one reason I'll consider investing in DP cards thus making this my first official DP deck.
    oh and I'm not looking for an ubber deck T1 Just something solid with a good win rate. I searched the forums and Google for many days now and have found nothing. only pre 1.5 solo Eladwens. I remember way back in 1.6 I think I saw a solo Eladwen with Wrath of summer that I thought to my self I'd like to build something similar some day. but I was just starting with Shadow era back then. so yeah ideas out side the box.

here is the current build I have. very standard for Nish trying to adapt for Eladwen but I think I need another route. oh also like all my "solo" decks I can add up to one ally for utility/tech. most cases its Lily but I think here it won't work.... well here is my deck plz help. and thank you.

Edit 01: removed hyperlink and writing the cards directly to the post.

CotC V. 1
    Hero:
    Eladwen Frostmire

Abilities:
    3x Bad Santa
    3x Ley Line Nexus
    3x Clinging Webs
    2x Freezing Grip
    3x Poison Gas
    3x Engulfing Flames
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    4x Supernova

Items:
    4x Tome of Knowledge

Weapons & Armour:
    4x Voice of Winter
    3x Snow Sapphire
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    CotC V. 2

Hero:
    Eladwen Frostmire

Allies:
    4x Lily Rosecult

Abilities:
    2x Bad Santa
    3x Ley Line Nexus
    3x Shrine of Negation
    2x Rain Delay
    3x Clinging Webs
    2x Poison Gas
    2x Engulfing Flames
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    2x Supernova

Items:
    4x Tome of Knowledge

Weapons & Armour:
    4x Wrath of Summer
    3x Violent Thunderstorm
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Or if some one can point me to a post about this. as I said I already searched the forum and Google and nothing. also gonna post an idea for this SOLO deck with DP cards after a bit of research but I think i have something in mind already.

Edit 2: Here is the DP idea.

DP V. 1
    Hero:
    Eladwen Frostmire

Allies:
    4x Frosted Urigon

Abilities:
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    2x Supernova
    2x Poison Gas
    2x Engulfing Flames
    3x Kelvin's Charm
    4x Shatter Ice
    3x Ley Line Nexus
    3x Clinging Webs

Items:
    4x Tome of Knowledge

Weapons & Armour:
    1x Wrath of Summer
    3x Voice of Winter
    2x Snow Sapphire

The DP Version above is just theory as I have yet to collect the DP cards as well as Wrath of summer. and again in theory I can go over the standard 40 upto 60 adding and/or Bad Santa , Bazzar , Word of the Profet , it doesn't have to be all of them and any other good draw cards I may have missed. just compensate with more stall. and Directed damage which mage has enough to go around. anyway thoughts?
    Last edited by Irunzedh; 05-29-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reserved if I have any more deck ideas with the DP card set.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll throw in a few comments:

Consuming fear is amazing, just add it. Allies with two health die before their attack takes effect, though abilities still take precedence before the attachment does (though it makes quite a few of them useless), and it's an amazing counter to many of the more important allies.

I personally dislike running ToK instead of Bazaar, because the cost is pretty harsh early game, and you need it more than your enemy most of the time.

Wrath of Summer is pretty mediocre (I see you haven't gotten it yet, so I want to warn you), mostly because you really need your shadow energy to get control. If you really need another weapon, even a fourth VoW would be better than it, especially with your Kelvin's Charms.

Shatter Ice is really good if you build around it, but I can't see you needing four in your deck. Dropping one would let you fit in a consuming fear, or a Freezing Grip if you want more synergy with Shatter.

Never underestimate the rain! You may want to put two back in, it really helps if you have a card you need to put down but need to not take damage for a turn.

Retreat is also one of the most OP cards in the game. It has synergy with VoW (oh, you unfroze? Go home, fool), destroys all attachments, and resets any buffs, which screws over quite a few people. It does have the disadvantage of being a slightly worse Clinging Webs if there are none of the above, though I feel like it makes up for it with both the reset capability and the ability to deny draws if you set it up right.

Just some ideas, if you don't want to use them you don't need to.

On a side note

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazydanddgnat View Post
    I'll throw in a few comments:

Consuming fear is amazing, just add it. Allies with two health die before their attack takes effect, though abilities still take precedence before the attachment does (though it makes quite a few of them useless), and it's an amazing counter to many of the more important allies.

I personally dislike running ToK instead of Bazaar, because the cost is pretty harsh early game, and you need it more than your enemy most of the time.

Wrath of Summer is pretty mediocre (I see you haven't gotten it yet, so I want to warn you), mostly because you really need your shadow energy to get control. If you really need another weapon, even a fourth VoW would be better than it, especially with your Kelvin's Charms.

Shatter Ice is really good if you build around it, but I can't see you needing four in your deck. Dropping one would let you fit in a consuming fear, or a Freezing Grip if you want more synergy with Shatter.

Never underestimate the rain! You may want to put two back in, it really helps if you have a card you need to put down but need to not take damage for a turn.

Retreat is also one of the most OP cards in the game. It has synergy with VoW (oh, you unfroze? Go home, fool), destroys all attachments, and resets any buffs, which screws over quite a few people. It does have the disadvantage of being a slightly worse Clinging Webs if there are none of the above, though I feel like it makes up for it with both the reset capability and the ability to deny draws if you set it up right.

Just some ideas, if you don't want to use them you don't need to.

On a side note
    Consuming fear i think they will replace Clinging webs and one Shatter ice.

I know what you mean about ToK and I like bazar in various solo builds other than mage, my Nish has 3 Bazzar and 4 BS and no ToK. but I think I can't use it here because unlike other solo/semi-solo deck my win conditions don't give me the Damage output I need and giving my opponent draw to lay down more threat than I can handle is not a good idea. also my resource curve is relatively high so my initial turns I have nothing better to do than.. pay 2 to draw a cards, or go 4x BS or 4x Word of the Prophet? bit what I do know is I need unilateral draw here.

Wrath of summer I've had mixed results with my CoC V. 2 deck with only one copy of the card but it may be another VoW in the end. dunno kinda hard to judge with out actually having the cards lol.

Shatter ice, yes I'm trying to build around it hence the Kelvin's charm. and I will drop one of each I think. maybe for freezing grip which I originally thought KC was gonna be the replacement but now I think I actually need it anyway.

Rain.. rain.. how to fit it in or instead of freezing grip do rain? dunno yet.

Retreat hell yes awesome, I know, almost every deck I have ran/runs some at some point and with my unfinished CoC V. 2 deck I've found myself a few times going, aaah I wish I could just retreat that thing, BUT I've managed to pull trough a few times by just staling it with my other cards.. rain. webs Eladwen ability. and such , so I think I can live with out it.

well I guess this looks like its gonna be a DP deck so I better star winning some games.

and umm on a side note, what?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't remember -.-

sorry haha