Close

Thread: Sustain

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sustain

Sustain is one of the new mechanics for shadow era, when you play a card with sustain for example Thriss Almanac, it has Sustain: 1cc, if at the end of your turn you dont have 1cc to pay the cost then the card is destroyed.

Another example is Rapacious Vermin it has Sustain 1HP, at the end of the turn you need to pay 1 life, what happens if you only have 1 life? you die? if so whats the difference between that and Blood Frenzy effect? woudent be better to add sustain on Blood Frenzy ? , or why cant sustain be a cost you may or may not pay, like sacrificing a card for resource at the beggining of the turn, I find this would be more interesting and flexible.
    Last edited by snipnigth; 05-29-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The main difference is that the damage from blood frenzy is preventable while the damage from sustain is not, for example, Guardian of Unaxio can prevent damage from blood frenzy but it won't help you with Rapacious Vermin. But I do agree with you, it should be a cost that you could choose between paying or not.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also blood frenzy would kill you before your turn, and sustain would kill you after your turn.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for your reply i didint know the damage was unpreventable, and judging by the reply im believing that if you only have 1 HP you will die paying the sustain cost...that's kind of rough, it would be nice if your the one taking the decision to pay the cost or not to keep the card in play.
    Last edited by snipnigth; 05-29-2014 at 10:46 PM.

plo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmiker View Post
    But I do agree with you, it should be a cost that you could choose between paying or not.
    And so do I. Sustain could be more flexible, making the strategies more deep.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yay People agree with me!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It'd be nice if it were an option indeed, but its fine as it is really. You still have to play around the sustain and if your deck can't support the cost don't play the card
    A1 Nikcansmash

A1's smashingly handsome new recruit