Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will always go on a final suicide charge instead of bailing
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is an interesting topic. I agree that typically if I'm gonna lose, especially if it's a complete blowout, I just want to get to the next game and not waste time. But if the game is very close, or particularly well played by my opponent, I will typically let them strike the final blow, I feel like they earned it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If I'm losing, I like to end the game on my turn if I can. E.g attacking an ally with a weapon. That way I get the pleasure of dealing the finishing blow to myself. And it also sends the opponent a message. That you control how you die :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Suicide charge... I like that I may have to try that the next time a game gets totally out of hand. Maybe swarm a priest for one massive Tidal Wave! (though lately my Lance deck has been pretty good at beating down priests).

Totally didn't expect this thread to get quite so much attention. Thanks for the responses!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I feel the same as JTL if you have beaten me and I know that there is no possible way of winning yeah I'm going to move on, but if it was a good match between both of us I will play to the end. Now with that said if you are going to be a fool and you are able to make one attack with your Fire Snake to kill me, but instead start summoning everything out of your hand killing all my allies first, pretty much showing off we're you are lacking in other areas. That becomes an auto END GAME for you my friend.
    A1 LudWig72

Master of WigFu and a Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten

Visit our recruitment thread: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....uitment-thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by echoenduring View Post
    Maybe it's just the way I think
    The way you think is wrong and selfish. You already won. Don't be a sore winner.

Not sure if people quitting the program app still prolongs the game. Be happy with a concede.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 for Ludwig. If you won, win the game. If you're gonna showboat and start doing unnecessary crap, forget it, don't waste my time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jtl2901 View Post
    +1 for Ludwig. If you won, win the game. If you're gonna showboat and start doing unnecessary crap, forget it, don't waste my time
    If the opponnent has something on the board that will kill you next turn and you can do nothing about it, and even so you don't quit, you are wasting his time just as much as he is wasting yours when he decides to show off before handling the final blow. With one difference: you did it first, so you legitimized his action.

I don't see the point in overextending a decided game. If you want to be polite, just say gg and quit.

I always quit in those situations. Like when i have blood frenzy, one health and i can't kill him this turn. But many people in that situation will play the turn normally and pass it, even though he is doomed. Come on. Just quit and move on to the next game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The difference is between someone who sees the victory condition is met and concedes the game (I prefer with a 'GG') and somebody who is not sure the opponent can finish the game, but can.

If you don't have enough on the board to kill me, but play something out of hand that now means you can, don't waste my time summoning a bunch of stuff, using your SE power on unimportant mobs, or any other 'show off' summons. That's being a poor winner, and I may drop before you finish your masterstroke. I accept that sometimes imperfect play means somebody didn't finish me off when they could have (I've done that myself before), but showing off only cheapens your win, it doesn't make your opponent impressed.

Sometimes I have to resist the urge to play something because I REALLY liked a combo I had setup, but never got the chance to do so. In the end, finish the game and we'll all move on. And if we're mid-game and I'm so hopelessly behind against what is obviously a competent player, I'll 'GG' and concede on my turn as a sign of respect.
    Last edited by Nanock; 05-28-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok guys now that you have decided how we approach the endgame, you have to set some rules about how everyone should play this game.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO