Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Victor 1st tier ?

I ever read somewhere in the forum that victor will be tier 1 hero with sf cards help.
    Is it for real?
    Can somebody tell me what deck is it cos i am very excited with all new cards on beta sf atm.
    Somehow i still confused with a lot of new cards so still cant tell which cards are good in combo with which cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Raven's Gambit alone really helps Victor, but there's a lot of potential there for him with allies like Viska and Bobcat too.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^And Thunderstrike Construct!

The Zailen Crusader health nerf does hurt the T3 Crusader, T4 Bobcat, ability, Gambit combo though, which was what gave Victor that boost. If he is not Tier 1, he is at least Tier 2 now in my opinion. Or not at the bottom of the food chain.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Angry

As all said, the dev team nerfed Zalien to 3 HP..
    3HP in SE means play it this turn, will not survive to next turn
    So this nerf was made directly to destroy t3 Zaline t4 bobcat and destroy Victor best toy and make him lag a lot behind, since in any pro player a 3 hp ally will never make it to next turn. Very thing in SE was made to kill 3 hp so damn easily

Not only this, Victor was stripped from one of best new weapons, which is cutlass which made him a lot in card advantage and board control

So now with zalien nerfed and cutlass removed, victor became T2, and ythan became t last..as survialilty of ZAilen was extremely important for ythan.. Actually they should remove ythan from SF.. He is now completely useless hero, even more that the legendary useless hero of all times since DP Logan ...no body will even touch those 2 heroes ythan and Logan ..

Most of nerfs actually destroyed many of old or new heroes to become tier1.. And now back to our old days back again.. You wanna tier 1..never think twice... play amber, zaladar or rush mages..for a change play banebow... That's Buttom line..

Try it yourself
    Last edited by Rivozzz; 04-15-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

World Champion 2015
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    As all said, the dev team nerfed Zalien to 3 HP..
    3HP in SE means play it this turn, will not survive to next turn
    So this nerf was made directly to destroy t3 Zaline t4 bobcat and destroy Victor best toy and make him lag a lot behind, since in any pro player a 3 hp ally will never make it to next turn. Very thing in SE was made to kill 3 hp so damn easily

Not only this, Victor was stripped from one of best new weapons, which is cutlass which made him a lot in card advantage and board control

So now with zalien nerfed and cutlass removed, victor became T2, and ythan became t last..as survialilty of ZAilen was extremely important for ythan.. Actually they should remove ythan from SF.. He is now completely useless hero, even more that the legendary useless hero of all times since DP Logan ...no body will even touch those 2 heroes ythan and Logan ..

Most of nerfs actually destroyed many of old or new heroes to become tier1.. And now back to our old days back again.. You wanna tier 1..never think twice... play amber, zaladar or rush mages..for a change play banebow... That's Buttom line..

Try it yourself
    What about adding Jasmine and soulseeker instead of Zailen and cutlass?
    General of Triumph
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I use Preybird's Victor sometimes and it's very good. I win pretty easily vs mages (I don't know why they are listed as hard match-ups in the breakdown) and I can challenge any hero.
    The only problem is the lack of a proper draw engine, but Raven's Gambit will fix this, even if it will break Poison Arrow recycling which is Victor strength.
    Bobcat's combo was OP.
    Regarding Ythan, I like his ability but they should reduce the cost (maybe limiting it to only attack twice) as they did for Tala which looks pretty good now
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

World Champion 2015
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    I use Preybird's Victor sometimes and it's very good. I win pretty easily vs mages (I don't know why they are listed as hard match-ups in the breakdown) and I can challenge any hero.
    The only problem is the lack of a proper draw engine, but Raven's Gambit will fix this, even if it will break Poison Arrow recycling which is Victor strength.
    Bobcat's combo was OP.
    Regarding Ythan, I like his ability but they should reduce the cost (maybe limiting it to only attack twice) as they did for Tala which looks pretty good now
    Control type mage is not troublesome to victor but rush mage is indeed! I truely believe that majority of mages out in QM are rush mage so that's why prebird writes they are hard match-ups
    General of Triumph
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince19992 View Post
    What about adding Jasmine and soulseeker instead of Zailen and cutlass?
    Come on, did it work for you in Dp?

T4 hosted bobcat, was the best way victor gain board control , t5 cultass to maintain board control
    So t3 zailine 4hp is amust to make the combo...

What new toys he can now ? Decoy trap,, come on... Failure of victor was lack of board control...he controlled it at least for a few days

Im not saying by that nerd he is bad..but he returned back to t2.. Leaving it back to those who always posssed it
    Master of Puppets
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    Come on, did it work for you in Dp?

T4 hosted bobcat, was the best way victor gain board control , t5 cultass to maintain board control
    So t3 zailine 4hp is amust to make the combo...

What new toys he can now ? Decoy trap,, come on... Failure of victor was lack of board control...he controlled it at least for a few days

Im not saying by that nerd he is bad..but he returned back to t2.. Leaving it back to those who always posssed it
    I think you're being too black and white about this. Victor is a damn solid hero even without that single combo. And when you think about it, it took 3 cards and two turns to what, haste in a single ally? I'd rather use Viska.

To cry that the meta hasn't changed this early in the game is very shortsighted. I cracked 300 with Victor in DP and he's only gotten better since.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    They're listed as hard because if you don't get your Spelleaters in time they'll give you no end of grief. Smart mage players just switch to burn late game and Victor doesn't have the damage potential to keep up.