Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SF] Haste Tala

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[SF] Haste Tala

If you've been following my Youtube channel, you might have already seen this deck in action (Deck Tech | Game | Game 2), but I thought I'd post it here because it's my most successful Shattered Fates deck yet and it does very well against the current top tier metagame.

When I look at Tala, the first thing that strikes me, besides her weird proportions , is how similar her ability is to Elementalis' (which is good cause I've had a successful history with Elem in both CotC and DP). However, being a Human Warrior, Tala has access to cheap removal (Crippling Blow), great draw (Blood Frenzy) and a bunch of Haste allies which cover pretty much every weaknesses Elementalis had.

The other big difference is that Tala's buff trades 2 HP for Protector status. In a game in which efficient removal is rampant, Protector can screw a lot of Heroes and force your opponents to make sub-optimal plays (I'm looking at you Zaladar and Amber!).

Without further ado, here's the list:

x1 Tala Pureheart

x4 Yari Bladedancer
    x3 Eleanor, Princess of Ellos
    x4 Fleet-footed Messenger
    x3 Spirit Warden
    x3 Aldon
    x3 Wild Berserker
    x3 Viska, The Scarlet Blade

x4 Crippling Blow
    x2 Smashing Blow
    x2 A Legend Rises

x2 Treasured Heirloom
    x4 Blood Frenzy

x2 King's Pride

The deck is based around powerful openings and you have a number of options here. The important thing is to know all the ways you can deal 4 or 5 damage on turn 3 and 4 to get board control and card advantage. My favorite opening has to be Bladedancer into a T3 (if second) or T4 (if first) FFM. Having an early 4/6 hasted protector can provide a lot of value (plus the card filtering is nice). Bladedancer behind a protector is very good.

Eleanor + Aldon also gives you 4 (or 5) attacking power on turn 3 and the Princess can really screw a lot of builds. Even those that have an answer will have to waste one of their few removal pieces on a 2 cc ally. Eleanor + FFM can also kill a number of allies.

In slower games, a T3 Aldon or Ritualist with a T4 ALR/FFM/Tala's ability can set you up.

If you miss your explosive opening, you can still stall with meatshields/Crippling Blow until you send you hasted fatties in. Wild Beserker is great in this deck seeing as he can come in as a 5/5 (against allies) and deal with a lot stuff. If you managed to protect a Bladedancer, Viska will hurt a lot.

Then, if the game goes long enough and you get a King's Pride out, hasted allies become little bombs that will destroy anything you throw them at.

Some potential tweaks:

Bad Santa vs Road Less Traveled : RLT can be nice with all the Haste and Ritualist, but I'd rather have my allies on the field most of the time. I mainly use BS as a 'oh, shit, no Blood Frenzy in this hand' way. FFM's activated ability is my main secondary 'draw'. This is one of my builds with the lowest raw draw power, but it has such high value cards (and Protector reduces the value of opposing cards) that I can still manage to grind out card advantage.

Princess vs Champion of Irum : CoI doesn't have the explosive starts (or complete lock potential) of Princess but he's safer. Running a split might not be a bad idea.

Twilight Ritualist vs Spirit Warden : Ritualist's ablity can be relevant, so can Warden's. Two good choices. A split is possible here too. You could possibly go for a more aggressive 3 drop too.

Wild Beserker vs Yari Marksman : Both have their shining/failing moments. I still like WB a bit more because he's less conditional and better on an empty board. He's also a better target for Tala's ability and gets great with a KP on the field. Marksman has greater 'win more' potential though. If you miss your T2 Blandedancer (or he gets killed), going Blood Frenzy -> Crippling Blow -> Beserker (buffed if needed) can often give you board control.

Tech: You can switch Smashing Blow and ALR with any piece of tech you want to run.
    Last edited by FDL; 10-08-2014 at 07:16 PM.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I never tested this out yet, but how does Tala's ability work with the Princess?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CyrisT View Post
    I never tested this out yet, but how does Tala's ability work with the Princess?
    Well, if you have another ally in play, the Princess cannot be attacked so she can only be damaged by direct damage or straight up removal. Some Heroes have a hard time doing that. You can then build up an army behind a very hard to kill (and hard hitting) Princess.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's what I thought, it's actually a very fantastic idea! I love the deck by the way!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck looks great in the videos, I will try it out as soon as the damn merchant restocks.
    IGN: jultrio

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very cool deck. I personally don't run Princess in mine but I have always seen her benefits.

I find now that with the lack of retreat effects out there the old Sandworm is far more reliable than he used to be.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Last season, I made a living off decks like this using Zaliscard. Retreat will see more play after everyone realizes that it deals with Dakrath, Fort Wisp, Griptooth etc...plus the main spammer of retreat Mrs. Rayne is about to be felt again in QM and tournaments alike and coupled with Marksmen, I give the new update a week or less before we see the OP Sledgehammer threads.

All in all, I personally think Tala is one of the weaker new heroes even after the buff. I have a feeling FFM loses a spot to Spirit Warden in this deck for your early game buffed ally.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With Bladedancer FFM is a 4/6 hasted protector. Not too shabby
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have been playing a lot of Tala myself lately and can provide the following feedback:

1. Eleanor is a HUGE gamble. In a Zaladar heavy meta, she just doesn't make the cut. It feels like the Aramia wisp gimmicky decks. If you go first and have the right opener, and aren't playing against Zal or a mage, you win. But see how many conditionals that is? I prefer consistency within my decks, and for that reason CoI x3 takes my alternative T2 spot (Bladedancer being the preferred drop).

2. 2x Treasured Heirloom is better than Bad Santa for a few reasons. The most obvious is that you do not help your opponent. But also, it helps fill that void on T3 when you need to do one extra damage to kill a Puwen, Ironhide, etc and you missed your Aldon or FFM. Do NOT undervalue the power of Bladedancer+FFM. I think it is one of the strongest consistent openings in the game.

3. I don't think that Twilight Ritualist has a spot in this deck. I feel like he is there just to be a sturdy 3 drop with an okay ability. I suppose it works well against warriors and Zal's anti-matter. But I think dropping it T3 is a huge tempo loss, one that I would rather serve with Blood Frenzy. You are ultimately spending 5 resources and a card/ally to remove one thing from your opponent. As I mentioned, Heirloom can help your T3 a lot.

4. T4 is Tala's critical turn. Assuming your opponent did not disrupt your SE, you will have your hero ability ready if you went first. This means you need to drop something annoying to protect your Bladedancer and FFM or Aldon. What is the biggest, most annoying 4cc human minion? Fortified Wisp! Giving this thing protector is just insane when you already control the board. Zal's hate mind controlling a 1 or 2 attack minion. And other classes such as warrior cannot just disable it and move on, because all of your minions are hiding behind it (I smell a resurgence in Retreat!). I also run 2x Irina in the 4cc slot, because her with Bladedancer have perfect synergy and will end a game if you can drop her behind an unanswered Wisp.

5. ALR is great, but it's a Unique attachment. I run 1x ALR and 1x Spectral Sabre for the versatility against hero attachments. I've also used the weapon on more occasions than I thought I would. Just a thought, this is more personal preference.

6. Have you tried running just 1x King's Pride. I used to run two as well, but I like 1x a lot more now. If you get it in your starting hand, you just sac it and move on - not a big deal, I really don't think not having it has ever really cost me a game. It's a great topdeck late game or a great bomb to start planning for on T5 or 6 if you draw it then. I really think 2x of a 7cc armor is bad, especially as many consider it a "win more" card. I am still undecided about that.

7. I only run 2x Viska. I think three copies of a 6cc unique ally is bad. I used to run a Lance deck all the time in DP, and my experience told me that 3x Aeon did not work, 2 was perfect.

8. So my last card spot is saved for 1x Enrage. Against rush or mage burn decks, the 10 extra health can be invaluable. It has saved/won for me various times. I also really like that with 4x FFM in the deck, I can shuffle it back for 1 resource and rely on drawing it later if I might need it. It works really well if you are smart about it and your sacrifices.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread with all of my thoughts. I was just so excited to see someone post about Tala since I've been using her for a week now with GREAT results against all of these Zal happy players (I used to be one of them, then I determined myself to break the meta. I think Tala is it).

And for all of you that say I'm a bad, rude guy? Yes, I can rage prettyyyyy hard in games, and sometimes it's just trolling. But I hope this post gave you all a little more insight into the mind of blueblurr, beloved SE troll for 4 years and counting!

Cheers
    Last edited by blueblurr; 05-25-2014 at 06:16 AM.
    IGN: blueblurr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I remember one of blueblurr minions started trolling in dirty language when I scolded blue for raging against others....
    IGN AA1 DARKCROSSBOW dont call me a noob, say something that I dont know of

lone wolf of the east

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Guide-To-Traps