Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Decoy Trap and Twilighters

Does anyone know what happens when you activate a Twilight ally's effect while Decoy Trap is set?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    your post does not make sense to me

(damage is not the same as killing)
    your allies arn't sticky enough for my Teflon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, I read somewhere that when an ally is killed, it receives "lethal damage"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if the rules work like that then i suppose so, but i do not believe that they do

why dont you test it in a bot game?
    your allies arn't sticky enough for my Teflon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Twilight ally is not killed then. For example if you activate Twilight opportunist ability, he will gain 3 attack, try to die at the end of turn, decoy trap will activate and prevent that. Twilight Opportunist will keep that 3 attack. IF you do this again he will have 6 attack, etc...
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLordJC View Post
    Does anyone know what happens when you activate a Twilight ally's effect while Decoy Trap is set?
    The ally survives, so f.e. you can buff an Opportunist to 3/4. Holy Shield and Celestial Armor work like this, too.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War