Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can irina attack 4 times with his ability?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4nx View Post
    Can irina attack 4 times with his ability?
    Obviously not.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Irina would get to attack twice, which she already can do, it doesn't add to it, its be like playing warrior training on a yari spearman... Double protector means nothing.

Also, a midgame rush is a deck that plays similar to rush but aims at dropping bigger allies turn 3-6+. With ythans ability, any ally with 4-5 attack hits for 1/3-1/2 your opponents life total, so really you only need to land one solid attack, aiming to end the game as soon as possible in the mid game. If that makes sense. Its not as common here but in MTG it was fairly common.
    A1 Nikcansmash

A1's smashingly handsome new recruit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcansmash View Post
    Irina would get to attack twice, which she already can do, it doesn't add to it, its be like playing warrior training on a yari spearman... Double protector means nothing.

Also, a midgame rush is a deck that plays similar to rush but aims at dropping bigger allies turn 3-6+. With ythans ability, any ally with 4-5 attack hits for 1/3-1/2 your opponents life total, so really you only need to land one solid attack, aiming to end the game as soon as possible in the mid game. If that makes sense. Its not as common here but in MTG it was fairly common.
    I understand now , This requires a high attack ally ( preferably with haste =? bobcat ) , attachments and items that increase attack and a Zailen crusader on board to make this easier.

and I would attack the Hero right away , right ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    See my deck idea about twilights with Ythan in the hunter section. Even if you don't go for the throat, you can build a twilight or at least a deck that can use demetryo. At 3cc, with haste as another twilight ally is on board, Demetreyo with Ythan ability can deal 2 x 5 damage able to wipe anything on the board. If you got 5cc, you can even cast a demetryo and a decoy trap so he stays on. Couple this with spirit shuriken a turn earlier, you opponents won't be able to keep the board.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think that Ythan will ever be a top Tier hero, but that doesn't mean he can't be quite fun to play. I'm working on a deck that works on some ambush synergies, with Bobcat, Dirk (yes, Dirk), Surprise Attack (amazing draw engine for Ythan) and Midnight Sentinel, who can really buff up your allies when they have ambush. Then I also run Zallien Crusaders, Hunter's (Raven's) Gambit, Treasured Heirloom and A Legend Rises. Altogether, you can buff different allies pretty good and hit for some pretty massive damage.

Going first, the ideal turn plays go:

T2 - Dirk
    T3 - Midnight Sentinel (making Dirk 3/4 with Ambush)
    T4 - Zallien Crusader

If Dirk manages to survive, a T5 Legend Rises and Ythan's ability and you have a 6/5 Dirk that can hit twice for 12 damage. If Dirk is dead, then hopefully the crusader is still alive (now that she has greater survivability with 4 health). This would either allow you to buff the Zalien with ALR and Ythan's ability, OR play Bobcat and a Gambit and then use Ythan's ability on the Bobcat to hit for 8 damage.

Lots of things you can do in a deck like that, though you can sometimes run into issues if you don't have the right cards. Fortunately with 3 Surprise Attack, 2 Treasured Heirloom, 2 Wrath of the Forest and 4 Gambits (along with 2 Nexus for teching against things like Snow Sapphire), there's plenty of opportunity to be drawing cards.

The other card that I've found to be a massive boost for Ythan's mid-game rush is Anmor's Call. If you get it out early it's not unusual to have 7-8 resources on T6. It means you can do more and sac less :

So again, while I don't think Ythan is as powerful a hero as Zal, Eladwen, GraveBone or even BaneBone at the moment, he can be fun to play and has the potential to do some really massive, explosive damage in the mid-game.