Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Any Hope for Ythan ?

Hi, I used to play a Control Lance Deck, then I got bored with him a little, I bought a hunter starter deck and played with Gwen and Ythan.

Gwen totally rocked ! although I had only 2 Soul Seekers in my deck ( didn't have money to buy more ), on the other hand Ythan didn't play well , I bought a lot of cards specifically for him and now I regret it, he has very weak board control , lackluster Draw and above all a very high cost to regain board control.

Is there some kind of combo I don't know about ? bob cat is fine but not enough.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm
    Zailen crusader will be changed so the bobcat combo with Ravens Gambit will work better
    You should also try Spirit Shurikan which works great with him

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zailen crusader is good of course, especially with bobcat and gambit. I'd also recommend treasured heirloom and maybe a singleton or two of a legend rises. Surprise Attack is really good to take advantage of that double swing. So is viska. I think ythan is best utilized in a midgame rush style deck, so you don't need a lot of board control. Cards like bobcat and surprise have ambush which can be used to remove opposing allies. The biggest issue with ythan was the Nerf on zailen, which it seems they are fixing. So you should see more decks to come, just keep your eyes open.
    A1 Nikcansmash

A1's smashingly handsome new recruit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Spirit Shuriken definitly is a nice weapon, but imo the investment of 1 SE is pretty high. Ythans ability is pretty expensive whilst key to his board presence and damage output.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post
    Spirit Shuriken definitly is a nice weapon, but imo the investment of 1 SE is pretty high. Ythans ability is pretty expensive whilst key to his board presence and damage output.
    Usually my oppenent has on turn 5:
    3cc: (Aldon) 2-4cc and a 5 cc (Braxnorian veteran)
    Play spirit shurikan and kill Brax
    oppenent doesnt want to trigger effect again: no new ally
    viska or bobcat and you have the board

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After seeing the thread title...all I can add to the thread is "All Hope is Lost"
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Spirit Shuriken seems like a good weapon, better than Soul Seeker in terms of board control at least. The added effect of the opponent not playing more than 2 allies is really the most precious benefit of this weapon.

I didn't have enough gold to buy Zailen crusader , but now that I think about it, Zailen crusader is crucial to Ythan deck ! gonna ditch Aldon for 4X off her.

I think ythan is best utilized in a midgame rush style deck, so you don't need a lot of board control.
    I though Ythan is a Control Based Hero , much like Lance ?

After seeing the thread title...all I can add to the thread is "All Hope is Losticon"
    There is still a Glimmer of Hope

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol ^.^

IMO he doesn't have the support to be a control Hero without a control ability. I'd play him like I would Gwen, but with midrange allies rather than weapons (still run weapons, just not like Gwen).
    A1 Nikcansmash

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I shouldn't say that, I have played control Gwen often. I suppose he could go either way, I just prefer him in rush
    A1 Nikcansmash

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcansmash View Post
    Lol ^.^

IMO he doesn't have the support to be a control Hero without a control ability. I'd play him like I would Gwen, but with midrange allies rather than weapons (still run weapons, just not like Gwen).
    Yeah, He doesn't have a control ability , but I can't use him fast enough to rush