Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Twio's Card Ideas for Weak Heroes

I just thought I'd start a thread of some ideas I have for the weaker heroes. Maybe they'll inspire the DT for future sets I'll add more as I think of them. I apologise in advance for the clumsy wording

Serena Thoughtripper
    Since her ability forces her to go for the throat perhaps more than she'd like to, Serena needs better ally control cards which won't help other rogues as much.

Shadow Strike
    Rogue Ability - 2cc
    If a card was discarded from your opponent's hand this turn, target opposing ally's base attack becomes zero. Draw a card.

Ter Adun
    Ter needs to be a little faster and have better ally control cards. Gauntlets was a step in the right direction but not enough. The following cards could also make Ravagers competitive.

Rustspawn
    Shadow Ally - 3cc - 2/5
    When an item or support ability is targeted and destroyed, you can summon Rustspawn from your hand at no cost. If Rustspawn is summoned this way, it loses 1 health.

Ancient Rift
    Shadow Item - Artifact - 2cc
    When Ancient Rift is targeted and destroyed, the opposing ally with the lowest health is exiled. 1cc: Target opposing ally loses 1 base attack.

Logan Stonebreaker
    Logan needs a strong weapon which is almost unusable for the other warriors (cough Amber cough).

Stonebreaker's Club
    Warrior Item - Weapon - 4cc
    0 Attack, 2 Durability
    Combat damage from your hero can't be prevented by ally or armor abilities. When your hero kills an opposing ally in combat, draw a card if your deck is not empty and your hero gains 1 Shadow Energy.
    Last edited by Twio; 05-22-2014 at 04:04 AM.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like all of them but the club, tbh. Kill anything outright, draw a card, and gain se? Needs to drop one of the last two imo. But all the rest seem like good ideas to help out some weaker heroes, gj mate!
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the Ter Adun ally. He could use all the help he can get.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The health penalty for Ter's ally seems too much of a nerf. Other cards seem fine but Ancient Rift, removing 1 ATK when you have a spare resource can make it worth for other shadow decks too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the kind words guys

Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    The health penalty for Ter's ally seems too much of a nerf. Other cards seem fine but Ancient Rift, removing 1 ATK when you have a spare resource can make it worth for other shadow decks too.
    For Rustspawn I was using the same logic as Reactory, that since you're basically getting it for free it should be weaker. For example if you played it in Ravagers, you could haste in a Zealot and drop a Rustspawn in the same turn, and I feel like 5 health is too hard for your opponent to get rid of if you're giving them multiple threats early in the game. Maybe I could remove the part about losing 1 health and change it to a 3/4 ally?

Regarding Ancient Rift, you're right that it's a useful effect for all heroes. Another idea I had was to make it so that while it was on the field, your attachments can't be targeted by opposing players, i.e. protects your BFs and CBs. Would also work as a buff for Logan, Vess and maybe even Elementalis.

@Wrath: What's the matter, you're worried Logan will be too strong? Hmm what about this:
    "Combat damage from your hero can't be prevented by ally or armor abilities. When your hero kills an opposing ally in combat, your hero gains 1 Shadow Energy. 0cc: Draw a card, then discard a card from your hand." Gives Logan a nice FFM-like secondary draw, and opens possibilities for him to run Devourer?
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs