Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tala Pureheart, Fortified

Hello to all! After lurking the Forum for a little over a year I realized I was missing out, so I wanted to share a deck that's been really working out for me.

After several episodes of trial and error(and a slight drop in the rankings) I've actually managed to find quite a bit of success.

My rank is only 249 but I've been getting fantastic win/loss ratios. Average around 7/1, which was massive improvement for me.

Please feel free to comment or criticize, I would love input from anyone.

Cards are as follow:

X1 Tala Pureheart

:Allies:

x4 Champion of Irum
    x4 Eleanor, Princess of Ellos
    x4 Aldon the Brave
    x4 Spirit Warden
    x4 Fortified Wisp

x3 Tainted Oracle

:Abilities:

x4 Blood Frenzy
    x3 Smashing Blow
    x1 Enrage
    x4 Retreat!
    x4 Crippling Blow

Allies = 23

Abilities = 16

Tala Pureheart

Total Cards = 40

Explanation:

1. You may notice no Items...
    Sacrificing all weapons didn't bother me too much with Tala being as they're not really directly related to her ability, and I try and reserve T5 for a 2cc/3cc combo anyway. Armor was a little harder to let go of, especially because Shattered Fates carries a couple low cc armors that compliment Tala's ability to grant protector, like Rilard's Buckler.
    However, similar situation in regards to how I'm probably spending T2-5. (Irum>Blood Frenzy>Wisp>2cc+3cc combo)

2. One of the things I like about this deck, it's fairly easy to win board control early game. It can also almost be just as easy to bounce back from a Tidal Wave or Supernova; around T5 most priest/mage heros are unlikely to play anything else due to lack of resources. Next turn I usually regain the board with a 2cc Irum w/ protector and 3cc Aldon.

3. Fortified Wisp! Initially I was split between it and Armored Sandworm, now I can't possibly remember why. This wonderful card is one of the most complimentary allies for Tala in my opinion. Playing one T4 with protector and following up next turn with an Ellos and Aldon can really bust out some quick damage.

4. Blood Frenzy, self explanatory. Amazing card draw. If you miss T3, hit it on five with a 2cc combo, there's plenty.

5. Tainted Oracle I had to reflect on, but after sifting through other options for secondary card draw he seemed to tie in most to Tala's ability. I found I only drew my Bad Santa 's in situations where I already had card advantage and Treasured Heirloom when I had no allies. Road Less Traveled is nice, but I'm not a fan of the tempo loss and it's usually little to no help before T5.

6. The Irum & Ellos combo to me is a smooth compliment to the fact that this deck needed mostly lower cc cards to run smoothly and both are extremely effective 2cc allies. Granted her passive doesn't stop Fireball and the such, but against another ally deck it's a great place to be 3 turns in when no one can physically hit anyone on the board.

In Conclusion:

One of the best aspects about this deck is the card consistency. Though lacking in variation, a bad situation doesn't always have to stay that way for long when you're not having to worry about fishing through 60 cards for something you only have two copies of. Typically my first goal is to establish card draw(T3 is able) and then focus on board control. If Card and Board advantage are taken quick enough, even with board wipes, there is always another Fortified Wisp.

Again would very much love to hear other thoughts and opinions on this,

Thank's in advance!
    Last edited by Dead Sacrosanct; 05-20-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think that you have too many ally x4 unique.
    -1aldon
    -2elanor
    -1irum

+4 yari bladedancer
    IGN: 17 indastria
    Telegram contact: @indastria

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i would only loose one elanor imo
    your allies arn't sticky enough for my Teflon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A single King's Pride can but put in to almost guarantee a win late game. If you run into it T1-T3 just sac it but if you run into it T4 onwards it is REALLY nice to have.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Sacrosanct View Post

4. Blood Frenzy, self explanatory. Amazing card draw. If you miss T3, hit it on five with a 2cc combo, there's plenty.
    Indeed, t3 ally and t5 BF + 2cc is a good play for some Warriors
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Indastria View Post
    I think that you have too many ally x4 unique.
    -1aldon
    -2elanor
    -1irum

+4 yari bladedancer
    I know what you mean. I'm in situations all the time where I can't make a play because i'm stacking Uniques. Bladedancer seems like a solid choice and I really like that he's only 2cc, really helps with summoning multiple allies around turn 4 or 5. Definitely giving this a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    A single King's Pride can but put in to almost guarantee a win late game. If you run into it T1-T3 just sac it but if you run into it T4 onwards it is REALLY nice to have.
    I think I may have looked over it too hastily before, I never considered carrying just one. I suppose it's not enough to dilute your card draw by much.. and your right, the benefits of drawing it late game are definitely substantial. I'll be giving this one another look, thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Indeed, t3 ally and t5 BF + 2cc is a good play for some Warriors
    Most definitely! With Tala constantly casting protector, I really favor distributing resources between multiple allies. Haha I figured I would rather force a 5cc board wipe than have my turn completely wasted by a 2cc retreat !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bladedancer and fleetfooted messenger are a god t2 t3. I run both 4 copies and have good results

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have a similar build but I have fortified wisp and armored Sandworm for my choice for Tala's ability. Plus with Boris' ability fortified is easy lunch for him so have the 5cc drop option is nice.
    A1 LudWig72

Master of WigFu and a Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten

Visit our recruitment thread: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....uitment-thread