Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Everyone here was new at some point and every one has different goals new players tend to play to get better cards to improve their decks or getting a new hero or starting a new hero
    Then there is the building up your Ranking setting goals of 100 150 200 and so forth. So there is a lot to play for if you dont try to get to number one spot straight away and take it step ny step

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The game is tough for new players, but it is not matter of gold rewards, since experienced players can raise an alt account rather easily. They can do that because they know which cards to buy, how to use them, and can finish games more quickly and with less effort.

Possible help for newbies includes:
    - attractive AI
    - more populated QM (so they do not get paired up with too advanced players, by the way those rating resets when they get a few kicks by top players aren't exactly newbie-frienly)
    - newbie guides (not as useful as they seem, not everyone is happy with reading thick manuals before playing which means potential players are lost)

Hopefully the DT will come up with new creative ideas to engage new players.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantic View Post
    Everyone here was new at some point and every one has different goals new players tend to play to get better cards to improve their decks or getting a new hero or starting a new hero
    Then there is the building up your Ranking setting goals of 100 150 200 and so forth. So there is a lot to play for if you dont try to get to number one spot straight away and take it step ny step
    Ehhhh? I don't know where you got the idea of grabbing the number one spot. Pretty sure everyone takes it step by step, right? Hm... I think if the starter decks were more personal and had more class specific cards and if each starter deck differed more from the other starter decks more, it could improve the situation.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by IsenBirch View Post
    Oh, I'm not saying that the game is bad or slighting anyone's hard work, I'm just saying how some new players might feel that the experience is unfriendly to them and thus might be inclined to stop playing. I think you might have gotten the idea that I was complaining about the game from the harsh title, but I only put that there to grab the attention of others. I love the game and I understand all your points and it's not like I myself have any problems now with the game, it was just a opinion I wanted to put out there.
    I was attempting to be encouraging with what I said. Not critical of what you said. I agree it could be easier and more fun as a beginner, I just wanted to encourage you to keep playing because he game is awesome.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh sorry for misunderstanding. I thoroughly enjoy the game and have recommended it to some friends of mine but they didn't really continue playing because they felt the early grind was too repetitive. I guess it just goes to show that SE is a game where you have to be more committed towards.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Maybe the reset account option should be more prominent for people who picked a starting hero they didn't like.

Or there could be a 100SC bonus sent to people 2 weeks after registering, mentioning that you could buy a new class deck with it if you wanted?

This was useful feedback. We don't want people turning away for reasons that we could actually address.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My buddy who turned me on to SE urged me to scour the forums for decks and card ideas before commit king to any cards with gold or real $. I kind of didn't listen but I should have. Maybe add something like that to the intro for new downloads to get newer players more active in the forums. More activity can only be a good thing.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One simple thing to help new players. Make game versus AI gives 40 g since the very beginning/ level 1, not 20 g currently it gives. Because new players will think the game so expensive it gives only 20 g per game versus AI and it will discourage them to continue playing.
    "'Cause everything that you thought I would be, has fallen apart right in front of you..."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kelelawar View Post
    One simple thing to help new players. Make game versus AI gives 40 g since the very beginning/ level 1, not 20 g currently it gives. Because new players will think the game so expensive it gives only 20 g per game versus AI and it will discourage them to continue playing.
    At what level does it start to give 40 gold per win?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    At what level does it start to give 40 gold per win?
    Level 12 or 13 iirc.
    "'Cause everything that you thought I would be, has fallen apart right in front of you..."