Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

To forever chase my dream, sayonara

Hey community of Shadow Era! Over the past few years since I joined Shadow Era (according to the forums it was on January 7th, 2012) I have served as a Moderator and eventually became the Community Manager for this community. Unfortunately it has come to the point where, I must bid farewell to the role. There are several reasons why, but a major one is similar to Nachyo's reason(s).

For some time now I've always dreamt of creating and designing my own game to bring entertainment and enjoyment to other lives, much how many games have done with mine. Outside of my college classes, I've tried a few times but something always fell through, be it my own personal issues or the team members having to drop the project to support their family members (which I never was upset about even though we did ultimately drop the project because of it). Becoming a Moderator and entering into the PFG for Dark Prophecies gave me a chance to participate in the creation of content that would actually be released. Even though it was never quite the role I dream about, it was a great opportunity to see how other designer's approached various things. When I did finally get hired, I did get to see closer into the process even if I couldn't touch any of it still.

Ultimately what I'm getting at is I've learned a lot from my time here, however I feel its time to try my hand at designing my own game once more. I feel the time is right to take a leap into progressing my dream career, which unfortunately means I'll be dropping this job to do so. There are reasons to why I will not be doing both at the same time, but they are both professional and personal so I won't mention them here. I aim to make a board game (since they are much cheaper to design and test) to hone my skills and hopefully one day will make it to the digital space with a game worth forming its own community around.

I want to thank you guys for being such an awesome community (most of the time )! I still think SE has one of the closer forums I've seen in all the F2P games and (once there is stuff to talk about) it has some really good discussions. When I started this job I was basically just someone who liked to help people and was polite, but I really didn't know THAT much about moderating and it was kind of a "learn as you go" sort of affair. I would occasionally make a few mistakes (or a lot depending on who you ask), I do apologize for any I made, and would do my best to learn from them. I learn quite a lot about how different cultures around the world view certain things (such as sexual content or violence) and took them into account going forward. Even though you guys have drove me to the brink of a mental break down before, you're still a group of fascinating people with their own personalities and positive attributes. I still wish I could have met more of you in person!

I also want to thank the DT for being awesome people to pal around and play games with, the PFG was probably one of my favorite parts about the job! I also want to thank AnAdolt for giving me the chance to become a moderator and Kyle for giving me a job when I really was in need of one (and a thank you to those of you who pushed for it ).

At any rate, I don't plan to stop playing Shadow Era all together. I still think its one of the better card games out there and I personally feel Shattered Fates has a lot of potential that people have yet to unearth (you're all too busy focusing on Aetherborn Wisp or Zaladar to really see some of the cards that are better than they seem . Branch out a bit and try new things!). For the time being, I'll be gone for a week or two (perhaps three) and come back to the game with a fresh mind as a normal player once more. I hope you'll be there to welcome me back!

As for whom will be taking over my role, according to Kyle, it is Muriah (and other mods such as Danae). She is the person who has been managing our Social Media side and she's done a pretty good job. I hope you'll give her a warm welcome to this side of the community and not cause too much trouble.

Well, I guess I'll be seeing you guys later. Thanks again for being so awesome, its been quite the experience. (^_^)-b
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All the best for u!
    And thanks for all u have done for SE
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All the best Demnchi, perhaps we had some "moments" in the past, i appreciate all you did for SE.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    ...I wont forget you. Do hope you succeed good luck.
    Never let the Right Thing be a matter of Convenience

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    gl on your future endeavors

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    GL Demnchi, hope one day soon I get to look at and comment on your game like you did for mine months back, which I still really appreciate btw. You will be sorely missed, but I know you'll do great!
    Currently a finalist in the WULVEN APPRENTICE and will happily take any support I can get from you guys

PFG Member

Shadow Era Champion for Orlando/Sanford Florida!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good luck with the new career.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another one bites the dust. Best wishes to your future endeavours.

And speaking of which, since the DT is now -2, shouldn't we finally finish up Apprentice?
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sad to see you go Demnchi, but I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours, and looking forward to seeing your game when it's ready!
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All the best in your future endeavours. Let us know when you need beta testers for your game.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers