Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ythans Surprise Party

Hello everyone!

My name is Bismarck and I play SE for over a year now. I have been a passive,but constant, member of the forum/strategy area for a pretty long time. I’m currently at 260 rating, due to a lot of deck testing ;-) I’d like to share my Ythan deck with you, which I’m tinkering with at the moment…

I would really appreciate some feedback on my deck…

Ythan Redthorn

3x Jasmine Rosecult
    2x Puwen Bloodhelm
    3x Raven Wildheart
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Priest of the Light
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    2x Champion of Irum
    2x Layarian Seductress
    2x Growing Bog-dweller
    1x Irina, Guardian of the Swan
    1x Viska, The Scarlet Blade

4x Surprise Attack
    2x Bad Santa
    2x Ley Line Nexus

3x Wrath of the Forest
    3x Snare Trap
    2x Overwhelm
    1x Saymeht‘s Retribution

(40 + 1 hero)

The idea…
    Even though Ythan is considered one of the weaker new heros, I kinda like him due to the fact, that he is capable to dish out a quite decent amount of burst-damage in a single turn. This deck feels like a control-themed Lance, but requires some preparation, without haste bonus.

I think the main combo in this deck ist quite obvious. I’m exploiting the double attack to burst the hero, disable board-threats with Raven Wildheart and get some draw by Surprise Attack.

The resource-curve is quite high, so this deck begins to shine an mid-game.

2cc: 2 allies / 2 others
    3cc: 10 allies / 4 others
    4cc: 1 ally/ 2 others
    5cc: 5 allies / 4 others
    6cc: 3 allies

Card choices:

Raven Wildheart
    Often considered as Lances‘ best ally, she synergizes pretty nice with Ythan too and grants you alot of board control as well as 8 dmg on hero, if needed. Giving her a surprise attack is not recommended, as Ythans ability gives ambush too.

Surprise Attack
    An often overlooked card, which grants pretty much for such low cc. I see it as an alternative draw-engine, which compliments Ythans ability as well as Irina, whoose fights can be dangerous, due to her lowattack and health.

Growing Bog-dweller
    If you heavily rely on key-allies a disable can hit you quite hard. In times of Cripping Blow, Zails Hymn or Captured prey the GBD works as a Sacrifical Lamb and makes use of those. A decent grown GBD can become a threat on the board which draws attention away from the more important ones. Additionally the active gives you another draw option, if you got your Wrath of the Forest out…

Irina, Guardian of the Swan
    Not much to say about her. Pretty cheap, decent health, but low on attack. This makes fighting quite risky if you dont kill the opponent (first). She synergizes well with Surprise Attack, who gives her ambush and brings you two cards.

Puwen Bloodhelm and Champion of Irum
    Im running a 2/2 split. Puwen is better going first, CoI if second. 4 CoI is stupid, since he’s unique. 4 Puwen is useless too, because he will always remain a 2/3.

Viska, the Scarlet Blade
    Oh, I like her sooo much. She comes in running, for a quick burst. Her ability makes her resistant versus solo heros. Good health, which survives a Nova…

Ley Line Nexus and Saymeht’s Retrubution
    Tech, which a focus on item destruction. Weapons like SS, TRC or a Snow Sapphire can hurt you…

Wrath of the Forest
    As your opponents attention will focus on your allies WotF provides a stream of cards. Downside is, if you run out of steam its hard to get back into the game.

Snare Trap
    I feel it deals pretty much with annoying early game allies, like Karash or DMT. It’s cheap and exiles the ally, so there’s no graveyard recursion…

Overwhelm
    Weapons of Mass-destruction for everyone. Unilateral AoE-damge and a draw! I’m overwhelmed! (oh finaly a pun!) Imo worth it’s money in a ally-heavy deck. An easy sac if not needed. The supplement draw might help, if you are desperate and ran out of steam.

Matchups…

Upcoming…

Downsides and Criticism

I anticipate you`ll say there’s to much 1x and 2x in here. It I see that problem, too. Still, most of my allies are unique, which can give you dead draws.

At this point I am very interested in your suggeestions and hints.

Best regards!

Bismarck
    Last edited by Bismarck; 05-17-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for sharing..

I will put some tips

- 4x bobcat with ythan is a must, this haste double attack is the way to regaib board... Combined with Snare traps, decoy traps, suprise attack or whatever you want
    -Visak sould be increased at least to be total of 2 viska, Same as bobcatm the 4 double damage is imp for board control
    -Due to lack of control cards > seductress should at least become 4, it is the only way to slow our opponent till your charge again
    -Giving you are ally based > decoy traps may be needed to keep them alive
    - Instead of G Bug, why dont you add RLT to remove attachment and Draw as well
    -I dont recommend bad santa, if you are ythan which is a weak hero, and playing aganist a powerful hero as banebow or amber or wathever, you will help them more than help you, because their card are stronger than you
    -Overwhelm is a useless situation card
    -I would reccomend increas COI to at least be 3, youo want your 2cc cards at least 6, to ensure you get one in opening hand
    -Have you considered soul seeker?
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey!

First of all, thanks a lot for reading and your suggestions. I'm a big fan of Bobcat and I see your points. But even if I'm adding the suggested Decoys I dont see enough hunter cards to trigger his passive.

RLT is indeed a pretty good replacement for GBD. If I pick Decoy Trap he might still be a nice pick, since the targeted ally is not killed...

If been toying around with SS, but in most situations the other allies are too fat or resilient and I really needed a Perfect Shot. I personaly feel I dont need PS because Raven deals pretty good with those fatties.

What do you think of adding Kris?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not the best at deck building advice but from my toying with him in closed you biggest hill is regaining board...so I'd suggest planning for that and then build around...I can't tell you how to do that I only had one strong deck and it doesn't work any more...gl ythan is my favorite art world love to see him played more
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Try Poison Arrow. It's a cheap card that helps you regain the board.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Happy B'Day Y'than!
    Surprise!!!

not today?
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok you guys please don't assume that we are all conversant with the new cards and start dropping initials instead of full titles
    What is RLT ... ? I knew GBD was Growing Bog Dweller coz Bismark had the literacy nous to include that in his earlier spiel.
    If you're too lazy to spell out the card then I'm too lazy to scoure through the deck to find that card ...
    Besides you made good points. It helps if you make it easier for everyone to understand your shorthand

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    rabid lead termites

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien Fungus View Post
    Ok you guys please don't assume that we are all conversant with the new cards and start dropping initials instead of full titles
    What is RLT ... ? I knew GBD was Growing Bog Dweller coz Bismark had the literacy nous to include that in his earlier spiel.
    If you're too lazy to spell out the card then I'm too lazy to scoure through the deck to find that card ...
    Besides you made good points. It helps if you make it easier for everyone to understand your shorthand
    Road Less Travelled
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zailen Crusader has been buffed, now it's 2/4 and has become playable again.
    This is a huge help for Ythan.
    Crusader + Bobcat + Raven's Gambit or Surprise Attack is awesome combo.
    A Bobcat with SA and double attacck means 8 ambush damage + 2 cards.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris