Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Anyone else lost cards from their collection?

Here is my story:

I preordered Dark Prophecies and backed the Kickstarter. By spending a bit too much money, I amassed a significant collection with quite a few foils. I have been retaining extra cards in anticipation of the card marketplace. Kickstarter bonuses provided many booster packs, so I had piles of some Common cards that I would periodically sell down to 4x.

In the Merchant it appeared that I had twenty-something copies of Fireball. I sold down to 4x. When I scrolled to the DP section I saw that I had no Rotlings! Looking around revealed that a few other cards were no longer present at 4x.

I think there is still a bug in the Merchant that misrepresents quantities of some cards. Selling spares of one will accidentally depleat another. I could just go and buy replacements, or ignore the glitch. I mean who uses Rotling? But I feel concerned that one of the cornerstones of this game - the fact that your intangible property is retained for you - has been eroded.

If I had been victimized by this glitch during my first six months of play, I don't know if I would have participated in funding the game. Perhaps if it was redressed promptly I would would have been understanding....

What I chose to do was to stop making any changes to my collection, write to Kyle and Support, and allow them to look into the matter. I wrote just one email, and typed a one-line note to Kyle in the Chatbox to give him a heads-up. This was on the first of May.

Then I waited. And waited. And waited some more. During this time I wrote two other emails to support about other unrelated matters. I have not gotten any reply.

tl;dr Has anyone else lost some of their digital cards due to an apparent Merchant glitch? Has anyone heard from Kyle or Support these past two weeks?

I care a lot more about the bug (and the erosion of confidence) than the particular cards, but by now I think I should have seen both a "we are looking into the matter" form letter and some sort of follow-up.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Anyone else lost cards from their collection?

Cards in your active deck don't show up in your collection in the Merchant. (BTW, I play Rotling in Stalladar, my most played DP deck! )

Otherwise, no, I haven't ever lost cards.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It's funny you mention this as i noticed a couple of days ago that I was missing some cards but I thought maybe I sold them accidentally so I didn't mentioned anything and bought them back to fill the gaps, but now that you also felt that I also wonder if something is going on...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    Cards which are 4x in your active deck don't show up in your collection in the Deckbuilder. (BTW, I play Rotling in Stalladar, my most played DP deck! )

FTFY

I have a Human hero loaded. The Merchant shows that I have 1x Rotling. The Deckbuilder with 'show unusable' agrees.

I've used Rotling in the past, and I'm pretty sure I did not sell them. Maybe I failed to notice, and I resold cards with a flaky internet connection, but I don't think so.

There are several other cards that are at 3x although I have always kept at least 4x in my collection....

Perhaps I am the only one effected. Just saw post from Kosmiker, so perhaps not.
    Last edited by a player; 05-16-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can't find my Foil Puwens, ...
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱