Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Queen of Balor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We've ordered more DP boosters from our Manufacture. There are a handful of outstanding North America preorders that will be taken care of first and then inventory should be available for the tournaments and for sale at GenCon.

GenCon is in Indianapolis, Indiana in the USA. www.gencon.com Three days of non-stop gaming action and some crazy cosplay eye candy. Lots of fun!

Queen of Balor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Going to GenCon? How about helping run some demos and oversee some tournaments?

http://www.shadowera.com/content.php...nCon-Aug-14-17

Our volunteers will be rewarded with a free GenCon badge, tshirt, and free products! If you're interested please email champions@shadowera.com

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've never even been to a convention, but I am considering going to this one. Questions for anyone who has done the whole gen con thing before.

First off, what is the address of the place? I went on the website and couldn't find it.
    Secondly, what is a badge and why should I buy it? What is the difference between that and a "generic ticket"? Do I need a badge for each adult going with me?
    Lastly, other than Shadow Era related stuff, what can I expect to see there? Is there anything there that most people are particularly excited for? What is the best part about going to this thing?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Other games and cosplay! :-D

Queen of Balor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's held at the Indiana Convention Center: 100 South Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, Indiana 46225

The badge gets you into the gaming rooms and the Exhibit Hall were all the booths are. Everyone attending needs a badge: http://www.gencon.com/attend/your_badge

The tickets are for the events you want to participate in. Once you sign up for your badge, your can reserve your spot to participate in games, workshops, and tournaments, which you get a ticket for. If there is space left you may be able to use generic tickets to attend/participate.

You'll see a lot of cosplay! You could spend the four days just walking around and looking at things, checking out all the vendors, and playing free demos of games. If you're organized, you can get to a lot of events...There's movies, plays, speakers, an Orc run, a zombie walk, a GenCon dance, lots of workshops, a cosplay burlesque show, a game auction, a video game room...tons of things!
    IMG_2676.jpgDSC09137.jpgDSC09136.jpgDSC09133.jpgDSC09132.jpgDSC09125.jpgDSC09124.jpgDSC09123.jpgDSC09122.jpg

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay thanks!

So you're saying that you're required to have a badge, but you also must buy tickets for any event you wish to attend. And a generic ticket can be used for any event, but the regular ticket takes priority over the generic ticket?

Queen of Balor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You've got it Koss!

When you buy an event ticket through the GenCon website you are reserving your spot for that specific event. Some events and games have a capacity limit to them. For example, some role playing games are limited to seating just around one table and some events have room capacity limits. Getting a "ticket" for that specific event reserves your seat. Many spots often open up, so attendees always have a handful of generic tickets on them.

There are a TON of free stuff going on too. The huge exhibit hall is open Thursday- Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm and Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm. Lots of free demos going on there. Come play a pick-up game at any time during these hours at our booth! The gaming/event hall is open for four days straight!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds good! Thank you

Queen of Balor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    More details on the "Meet and Beat" sessions:

Looking to get that Bad Santa to complete your physical Shadow Era deck? Want to discuss the game with the creator?

Thursday and Friday at GenCon we will be hosting FREE 'Meet and Beat' sessions in gaming Hall B.
    *Meet with other Shadow Era players
    *Get your picture taken with Shadow Era Cosplayers
    *Meet the creator of Shadow Era and get a card signed
    *Trade cards
    *Discuss strategies with of our Shadow Era Champions
    *Challenge people to a duel
    *Get ready for the big Saturday constructed deck tournament!

Thursday Aug 14th: 2pm
    Friday Aug 15th: 2pm

We'll also be doing demos in booth 2919 all four days of GenCon! See you there!

www.gencon.com Aug 14-17th, Indianapolis, Indianana, USA

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I'll be going. I'm glad to help in any way.