Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bloodfang > Riphide > Howlfang trio

Hey guys, this is my first time posting my deck. I'm running around 190-200 elo with this deck. Not sure if I'm a bad strategist or bad draws are just consistent.

Edit >> dropped a few 3cc allies to add in Bloodpack Shaman, -1 midnight howl, -2 soothjaw, +3 wrath of the forest

***HERO***
    Bloodfang

***Allies (22)***
    3x Bad Wolf
    3x Tiger Wulf
    2x Howlfang, Terror of the Vale
    3x Wulven Scout
    4x Bloodpack Shaman
    3x Dread Wolf
    2x Griptooth
    2x Riphide

***Abilities (15)***
    3x Now You're Mine
    2x Shadow Font
    4x Blood Moon
    3x Midnight Howl
    3x Death from Above

***Armors (3)***
    3x Wrath of the Forest

TOTAL: 40 cards + Hero

Basically, what I do is hold the opposing board off with NYM and some Dread wolfs. Wait until I reach 6-7 resources than cast Bloodfang's ability to summon Riphide then cast of Howlfang and any 3cc allies. I just want to hear suggestions or comments on what to improve.
    Last edited by TheMoleMan; 05-15-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your ally curve is pretty steep, i would personally drop a font or two, and a few 3cc wolves to add Bloodpack Shaman, giving you 8 t2 drops. Also think about dropping down Midnight howl and maybe soothjaw for a few WotF, unless your draw is pretth strkng with just the 4 Moons.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Your ally curve is pretty steep, i would personally drop a font or two, and a few 3cc wolves to add Bloodpack Shaman, giving you 8 t2 drops. Also think about dropping down Midnight howl and maybe soothjaw for a few WotF, unless your draw is pretth strkng with just the 4 Moons.
    Thank you @WrathOfCroft, I've edited the deck, let me know if this is fine now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by UnrealFire View Post
    Nice bro, saw this deck earlier, can I ask the strategy you used for this? t2, t3, t4, and so on...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So with the help of bro BP Cuzbot and BP Colosal, I got to make this deck using Bloodfang:

***HERO***
    Bloodfang

***Allies (24)***
    3x Bad Wolf
    3x Pack Wolf
    3x Wulven Predator
    2x Howlfang, Terror of the Vale
    3x Bloodpack Shaman
    4x Dread Wolf
    3x Soothjaw
    2x Griptooth
    1x Riphide

***Abilities (11)***
    3x Captured Prey
    2x Now You're Mine
    4x Blood Moon
    2x Death from Above

***Armors (2)***
    2x Wrath of the Forest

***Weapons (2)***
    2x Jeweler's Dream

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

Early game, I have to cast blood moon asap, then nuke the opposing allies with NYM, then DFA (for 4cc and below allies), casted either dread wolf, bad wolf, or predator. Save up some bloodpack shaman for late game revival of wolfs from the graveyard.

Mid game (4-6):

Turn 4, cast wotf or soothjaw >> for additional draw and returning the ally card to deck.

Turn 5, Bloodfang ability to cast riphide then cast griptooth

Late game (6+):

Turn 6, Bloodfang ability to cast riphide, 6 resources to cast howlfang, then 3cc wolves for additional allies on board.

Anytime during the game, you can do this: Bloodpack shaman combo (anytime with resources 6-8+) >> shaman + shaman + other 3cc wolves chain revival.

Still, I am happy the way this deck came out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my opinion, Riphide is better than Howlfang in a Bloodfang deck. It has an on-summon auto-attack that works well with Bloodfang's ability. Howlfang needs allies already on board to be effective. While having as many allies as you do solves half the problem. The other half is keeping them alive, which you have no guarantee of. Which is why I believe Howlfang has greater use in a Moonstalker.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my opinion a key card is Greeptooth. You can drop Riphide, Howlfang and 3cc or Toger Wolf and gain board, but you are pretty much open to anything. Griptooth is key card in Bloodfangs strategy as it messes up so many heroes. Making your opponent waste entire turn on him while leaving Riphide or some other ally intact is what wins you games. Following that I would recommend 4 copies of Gripthooth. It is true he is unique but often you will get only one chance to use your ability so at least make it count.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes griptooth can win games because of protector. Defo add at least one more.

Deck looks really good. Just down to personal preference, but I would play spectral sabre for its removal ability in place of JD and wulven resilience, perhaps for DFA.

You don't want your best allies being disabled by cheap ally attachments like crippling blow. Wait until you see amber players panic when a buffed howlfang with WR busts through cb with 9 attack.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wrath, and BP members who helped ~ thank you for making and posting this fine deck. It's a very good practice deck for someone who is learning about the wulvern ~
    "Keep Calm, and Don't Be a dick." Wheaton's Law

TJadawg45601
    proud member of...
    Team Juggernauts

TJ is now recruiting - click HERE to find out more!