Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thumbs up Newbie seeking a mentor!

Hi SE community,

I'm a total rookie when it comes to these kind of games, any previous experience I have is playing MTG on the PS3 with pre-made decks. None the less, I find them extremely enjoyable and I'm very passionate and willing to learn more. I do find the game, quite confusing. I feel like there's so much information it's overwhelming. I fell in love with SE because it's (I think) the only decent card rpg that plays well on a smartphone.

I've only been playing for a couple of days, and I've taken the liberty of having myself start off with a decent card rack so I've done the Raph's 19,99$ guide. I made a Boris deck equal to what Raph had stated. Don't get me wrong, it's a great deck, and user-friendly. None the less, I find myself facing some decks in 1vs1 where I just get completely owned. I totally get I'm a noob and I don't expect to win every game, but sometimes I just really think I'm doing something wrong lol. Today I played 2 games vs a hunter deck where his hunter was pretty much untouchable the entire game, attacked my hero twice every round, and killed any ally I placed throughout the entire game. I was so impressed with how this guy completely stomped me, I really wanted to come on here and reach out for some help. I'm sure there are a lot of threads on here which are very helpful, but I find most of them incredibly confusing because I'm simply not familiar with any therminology of the game, and just because I'm a brand new player.

I'm just basically looking for a friendly veteran with a vast knowledge of the cards and game, who could give me some step-by-step guidance on decks, cards, strategies and general thought process during the game. I promise you, any effort spent on me will not be wasted. I'm a friendly guy, fast learner and really passionate about this game, I won't leech off you and disappear. I am very grateful for any help received and will make sure I make my mentor proud!

I'm most familiar with Facebook or WhatsApp, but I can pretty much download/use anything you may desire for us to chat and for me to ask questions when needed.

Whoever will step up to help me out, I greatly appreciate it.

Respectfully,

Bax

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the game and forums!

Your best bet would be to browse the guild section of this forum (E2E-enlisted to endure is mine) visit their websites (enlistedtoendure.com) and PM their representative to find the best fit for you.

Most of all, have fun!
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What I did (and still am doing) was read a bunch of articles, strategy guides and deck list discussions to learn the basics. There is an amazing list of links stickied to this sub-forum (including a SE dictionary!) in case you hadn't seen that yet.
    IGN: jultrio

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can completely relate to how you feel. I was a complete noob as well (still am in some respects) and I looked through the Guild Section. I decided on Warriors of the Blue Phoenix and I have learned an immense amount about the game and how to play. I would suggest doing the same, Blue Phoenix guild has a storehouse of knowledge as well as it's own separate forum with several decks posted and game advice. Feel free to give us a try.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome Baxillian to SE and the forum community. May I suggest in checking out the Warriors of the Blue Phoenix guild http://wotbp.proboards.com/index.cgi. WotBP has all the information you need to develop yourself into an excellent player.
    A1 LudWig72

Master of WigFu and a Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten

Visit our recruitment thread: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....uitment-thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks guys! I'll definitely do my best to soak everything up, there's a lot of reading material.

I did find a great Banebow build I'm enjoying a lot. I think Hunter is definitely a playing style for me. I'm also amazed how smooth and fast 1v1 matchmaking goes. I wish I found out about this game earlier.

About the guilds though, how exactly does it work once I find one I'd like to join? And what are the benefits of joining one besides being in a closed community with people who can help you out?
    Last edited by Baxillian; 05-13-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Guilds are awesome cuz u get tutoring and advice and develop bonds that will never be broken....unless u leave and join a different guild. But only losers do that.....if you join BP u will be BP for life!
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Guilds are awesome cuz u get tutoring and advice and develop bonds that will never be broken....unless u leave and join a different guild. But only losers do that.....if you join BP u will be BP for life!
    Lol We aren't a cult. Lol

But yea @baxilian. At BP we use IRC and forums to set up games and ask for advice. We also have a PDP program where you can have a mentor and also learn the game from bottom up. We have articles to improve your game.

Our website is WotBP.proboards.com

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any BP members you see =]

Welcome to the forums =]
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Like everyone said already, you have better chance by joining a guild.

Welcome btw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Yeah! you are right, that's why you could never be a BP if you are quitting when times get rough