Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

SF Zaladar [C]rush - A.I. Farming (Prototype)

Hero (1):
    Zaladar
    Great Ability, *IF* you even need to use it.

Allies (17):
    Hellsteed *4
    Awesome with a Shard out. Amps allies and can attack with Shard of Power and Meat Wagon.
    Spark *4
    Yeah, fierce if you get a few out.
    Rotling *2
    Never really need them, most of the time you'll have a Spark to play, only relevant if you had to kill a Jasmine or something of yours was killed.
    Flare *4
    Great synergy with Spark.
    Frostmare *3
    Great going second and Kris or Brigette were dropped, also really nice latter in the game.

Abilities (9):
    Bad Santa *3
    Added draw, the usefulness has been changed a bit in this build.
    Nocturnal Advantage *3
    Amps allies, and more importantly bypasses things like Into the Forest and weapons.

Artifacts (3):
    Shard of Power *3
    Amps everything and has staying power.
    Meat Wagon *3
    Might Amp everything and has staying power.

All and all as effective as my DP version and better than the pure CotC. I am limited in my ability to test this version, since I haven't had access to half of the heroes since the first time I leveled up in DP. This deck is far more interesting and aggressive to play than it's DP counterpart.

The biggest change is how resources are affected. Like the previous version there are nine global amps, but now since two of them are artifacts you'll end up with more than three resources virtually every time. Also like the DP version you only NEED three resources to win, but since you WILL have more Bad Santa has a stronger place in this build. Before it was only to fish out Nocturnal Advantage when dealing with a Hunter who had used Into the Forest or any Hero with a weapon, or in the rare case you had been board wiped, now they are good for something to use those extra resources on and to fish out Frostmare as well as to have the potential to make sure Meat Wagon is working as an amp.

Anyway, this is still just a prototype build since the cards haven't been finalized for the SF expansion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This deck is crazy entertaining to play with. I've played a lot more games with it, I keep hoping to pull off shard of power + meat wagon + nocturnal advantage, but I kill whatever hero I'm facing before that option happens, and it only seems to happen against a lucky Boris, Gweneth made it happen once. I'd imagine that this deck would absolutely destroy AI Jericho, I don't know that for sure since I'm stuck with only Boris, Eladwen, Gweneth, Nishaven and Zhana to play against. I haven't had the option to play against anybody else since the first time I leveled after DP came out.

This build is silly in its power against the AI, when you can do 28 points of over kill damage it's just stupid. It's also kinda satisfying. Yeah miss Gwenn pulled an into the forest card on me and I didn't have a Nocturnal Advantage, so I had a bad santa and pulled a ton of random creatures which I put out, next turn I pulled a nocturnal advantage mind you I had a ton of creatures on the board + Shard of Power and Meat Wagon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bad Santa -3
    Loom of Fate +3

Loom of Fate has a more stable synergy with Meat Wagon and makes the deck a lot cheaper to build.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    why not bloodlust instead? Just in case the A.I hunters use into the forest?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bloodlust won't bypass Into the Forest. The card you are thinking of is Nocturnal Advantage, which IS in this deck. As far a swapping the three Bloodlusts which were in the DP version of this deck for Meat Wagons is that Meat Wagons stay on the board and there is a slightly >50% it will act as a global amp turn after turn.

Now that I added Loom of Fate in place of Bad Santa I not only always end up with more than 3 resources (since I have a strong chance of getting multiple copies of artifacts that I have on the board), I have the ability to constantly manipulate Meat Wagon. Also pulling off a triple global amp is possible with this version whereas in the DP version it never happened.