Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Meltdown Pack Selection

Which packs do you guys play for Meltdown? I'm reasonably new to the game and it's my first Meltdown week.

I've been going 4x crystals and then realized OP cards like infinity core are prophecy. I've started doing 2x crystal and 2x prophecy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My view is that there are a few game-winning cards in the first set (what big teeth, soulseeker, all the hero attachments) as well as lots of draw, which (in my experience) can determine the winner.

On the other hand, the second set has consistently better allies - these far outgun the first set.

In summary, set 1 = a smaller chance of a great deck; set 2 = a bigger chance of a good deck

So i usually go 3 from second set, 1 from 1st set to get a good selection of allies (set 2), and a punt at something special (set 1)

Don't forget that you can always change the selection if you don't like what you get - just back out and pick a different ratio

One other thing - hero selection is a massive part of it. Look to see what weapons you have (and associated buffs such as reserve weapon) - if it's good, go Amber or Gwen, otherwise direct damage such as Zaladar, Banebow, Elad, Majia etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My personal favor:
    4 Crystal (very much like u)
    Only if those 4 are really bad, then Iam starting add 1 non CotC booster until Iam satisfied.

Its hard to compare card pool from CotC/DP/SF combination on meltdown
    but If we play Meldown using just 1 same expansion on all 4 booster, IMO: 4CotC is better than 4DP or 4SF
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First set has everything - item removal, board clears, single ally removal, draw, graveyard revival, etc. So I take two of those then 1 DP and 1 SF for the allies and occasional great item/spell as well.
    Embrace The Catnip

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When I get Zaladar I go for 3DP and 1CotC to get a good chance of getting Voltare's Ring and Lightning Strike (LS being more common), now there are other synergies and damage types to aim for from SF but haven't really tried that yet! Been too busy making new decks and QM
    BP Inactive member | IGN: SafOne