Close

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I still think the best option would be to cap the +1\+1 increase to once per turn and leave it as a 2cc.

The worst offender of the AW combo is Glimmer of Hope.

Maybe Glimmer of Hope should be changed into a card that is actually playable even by other heroes, thus breaking the combo.
    Glimmer of Hope is a bad card. It's only useful with the wisp right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    I dont want the combo to be banished....i just think it needs to sloooooooowwwww dooooowwwwwn. Its factory and glimmer that make it so fast..maybe the tweak needs to start there. But thats unfair to those cards to nerf them for the sake of one card.Let me reiterate for some of the people saying its all or nothing.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Cassio; 05-16-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    The 3rd point would be a bad design choice, kinda like with Wulven Tactician imo. A cool card with a cool ability ruined by tribes being forced on it for no good reason.
    Reasons:

1) Balance, since it limits the combo space and specifically prevents broken combos we have already identified.

2) Preserving faction flavor whilst allowing tribal decks to branch out from that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassio View Post
    Glimmer of Hope is a bad card. It's only useful with the wisp right now.
    It has many more uses than that. I won't list them because this thread isn't about utility of Glimmer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    This is not a constructive comment, but it is understandable because of your newfound dumbness.

I can't speak for the rest of the DT, but I am erring to one of four changes:

1) Raise cost to 3cc. People will still try to get it to work but it won't be as obviously strong and require no brains to get it there. I'd prefer not to do this.

2) Add "Aetherborn Wisp can be targeted regardless of protector." to it. You can grow it as much as you want but it can't hide. Which makes sense logically speaking. I'm not a huge fan of this though.

3) Add "While every ally you control is a Homunculus ally ..." to the ability so that you have to go Homunc theme or just play the protector and/or other non-Homuncs after buffing it. Once Buccaneer or Birgitte is out, it won't grow further. Aetherborn does not have to become niche because you can play it as a lone ally first in any deck, but it would be best in a Homunc deck.

4) Only grow the health via its ability and require attack to grow in other ways. This is more human-like. You can still get big attack but would need to be done in other ways. AF will still do it. I think I prefer this one out of all of them, but I suspect some people won't like it. Maybe a hybrid of 3 and 4 where the attack only grows if you are all Homunc?

The big attack is the thing that makes the game end quickly, so I reckon that's where any nerf should be focused.
    You are right about the attack being the biggest threat, it allows them to handle any ally u toss out to attempt a counter, thereby limiting your options to actually counter it until its too late.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    You are right about the attack being the biggest threat, it allows them to handle any ally u toss out to attempt a counter, thereby limiting your options to actually counter it until its too late.
    Human faction generally isn't meant to have high attack and that's why it ended up with protector without too many issues, and indeed why shadow didn't get protector.

AW is more aligned with shadow than human, when it has high attack, except it also has high health too. So it's got best of both factions, which does ring alarm bells.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reasons:

1) Balance, since it limits the combo space and specifically prevents broken combos we have already identified.

2) Preserving faction flavor whilst allowing tribal decks to branch out from that.
    Preserving faction flavor... How?

In the case of Wulven Tactician, it doesn't really make that much sense for his ability to be based on whether or not you have all Wulven allies.

Or are Wulven and Homunculus both tribes full of shut-ins that go "yo, you're not one of us, fuck off"? In that case, would it just be better to make them stronger, but have a clause where you cannot have non-tribe allies in the deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about changing the condition for The Bigger They Are and The Harder They Fall? Leave it at 4cc (or 3 if needed) but instead of having at least one ally, say, your hero gets 4 damage or something.

Intelligent people can come up with appropriate cost of these cards, but I think these 2 cards that can go through protector and can be included in both factions work well as a counter to AW deck. It may limit the future designs though.

P.S. How about "if you control at least one ally, OR an item?" Or "If opponent has greater resource than you (note that not equal)" OR you lose 1 res like SoV

P.S.S. I really don't like nerfing anything. I believe the best way to control seemingly strong decks is to have a good counter to it.
    Last edited by Kylt; 05-16-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Human faction generally isn't meant to have high attack and that's why it ended up with protector without too many issues, and indeed why shadow didn't get protector.

AW is more aligned with shadow than human, when it has high attack, except it also has high health too. So it's got best of both factions, which does ring alarm bells.
    To piggyback off this to make Wisp more balanced and more human flavored:

Aetherborn Wisp
    Cost: 2
    Atk: 0
    HP: 2
    Protector
    When a player discards a card from their hand, Aetherborn Wisp gains +1 health.

So Wisp now becomes now not a growing threating offensive force but instead is a better Birgitte Skullborn that in the flavor of Human allies grows great in defense but helps his teamates live to attack and not attack himself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Osnabruck View Post
    To piggyback off this to make Wisp more balanced and more human flavored:

Aetherborn Wisp
    Cost: 2
    Atk: 0
    HP: 2
    Protector
    When a player discards a card from their hand, Aetherborn Wisp gains +1 health.

So Wisp now becomes now not a growing threating offensive force but instead is a better Birgitte Skullborn that in the flavor of Human allies grows great in defense but helps his teamates live to attack and not attack himself.
    like, posts like this annoy me, its a terrible idea and would never get played
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    like, posts like this annoy me, its a terrible idea and would never get played
    Why? Brigette gets played and she is worse. Sorry to annoy you.