Close

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I’ve looked at this in a bit more detail, to validate my claim that some classes have nothing they can do to counter the best AW/Aramia combo, defined as: Going first T1: BS T2: AW T3: GOH & TB T4: AF

Looking to find counters to this before Aramia’s T4

1) All heroes can use Boomerang and kill AW on T2

2) Without this, Humans can use Kristoffer Wyld and Shadow has Frostmare that kills BS on T2. After this:

Warrior: Crippling Blow on AW T2.
    Mage: Fireball kills AW T3
    Hunter: Poison Arrow T2; Flaming Arrow T3 kills AW (or banebow ability)
    Priest: Zail’s Hymn on AW T3
    Rogue: Garth’s Concoction on AW T3
    Wulven: Now You’re Mine T2 kills AW
    Elemental: Shocking Grasp T2 kills AW

3) Without KW / Frostmare / Boomerang: humans can use Twilight Herald T1, buff and kill BS on T2 and then as below; shadow can play Loom of Fate T1, Spitfire Hound T2 destroy LOF and kill BS and then as below:

Warrior: CB T2 (human) T3 (shadow)
    Mage: Fireball T2 (human) T3 (shadow)
    Hunter: no solution (poison / flaming arrow is not enough)
    Priest: Zail’s Hymn T3
    Wulven: Now You’re Mine T3
    Elemental: no solution

4) Without TH / LOF&SH / KW / Frostmare / Boomerang: these solutions are pretty convoluted; are there any others?

Elementalis: Loom of Fate T1; Shocking Grasp T2 kills BS; Ravager Zealot T3 destroy LOF and buff with skill, kill AW
    Wulven: Now You’re Mine T2 kills BS; Now You’re Mine T3 kills AW
    Zaladar: no other solution
    Warrior: no other solution
    Mage: no other solution
    Hunter: no other solution
    Priest: no other solution
    Rogue: no other solution except Black Garb which is interesting

Let me know if you spot solutions where i have said "no solution", and i will add them in. Remember, the rules are:
    - Assume Aramia goes first T1: BS T2: AW T3: GOH & TB
    - Your task is to neutralise AW at the end of your T3
    - Also assume that AW at 4/4 will attack any T2 or T3 ally if it poses a threat
    Last edited by trevorJacobs; 05-15-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    I’ve looked at this in a bit more detail, to validate my claim that some classes have nothing they can do to counter the best AW/Aramia combo, defined as: Going first T1: BS T2: AW T3: GOH & TB T4: AF

Looking to find counters to this before Aramia’s T4

1) All heroes can use Boomerang and kill AW on T2

2) Without this, Humans can use Kristoffer Wyld and Shadow has Frostmare that kills BS on T2. After this:

Warrior: Crippling Blow on AW T2.
    Mage: Fireball kills AW T3
    Hunter: Poison Arrow T2; Flaming Arrow T3 kills AW (or banebow ability)
    Priest: Zail’s Hymn on AW T3
    Rogue: Garth’s Concoction on AW T3
    Wulven: Now You’re Mine T2 kills AW
    Elemental: Shocking Grasp T2 kills AW

3) Without KW / Frostmare / Boomerang: humans can use Twilight Herald T1, buff and kill BS on T2 and then as below; shadow can play Loom of Fate T1, Spitfire Hound T2 destroy LOF and kill BS and then as below:

Warrior: CB T2 (human) T3 (shadow)
    Mage: Fireball T2 (human) T3 (shadow)
    Hunter: no solution (poison / flaming arrow is not enough)
    Priest: Zail’s Hymn T3
    Wulven: Now You’re Mine T3
    Elemental: no solution

4) Without TH / LOF&SH / KW / Frostmare / Boomerang: these solutions are pretty convoluted; are there any others?

Elementalis: Loom of Fate T1; Shocking Grasp T2 kills BS; Ravager Zealot T3 destroy LOF and buff with skill, kill AW
    Wulven: Now You’re Mine T2 kills BS; Now You’re Mine T3 kills AW
    Zaladar: no other solution
    Warrior: no other solution
    Mage: no other solution
    Hunter: no other solution
    Priest: no solution

Let me know if you spot solutions where i have said "no solution", and i will add them in. Remember, the rules are:
    - Assume Aramia goes first T1: BS T2: AW T3: GOH & TB
    - Your task is to neutralise AW at the end of your T3

I dont know what is your level of experience in Shadow Era: but let me clarify few points:

1- Why are we breaking the rules for 2cc card just to accommodate this wisp.. Regardless of which hero, A 2cc card especially if human, should never gain so much both HP and Attack, so rapidly and so early, without any cap, and not even unique

2- IF we are to put some cards especially to counter one single special deck, that is the definition of OP, if you dont know

3-I dont wanna hear that Boomerang or rain delay a solution.. First they are troll solution. Second they are not a solution because they kill protector not wisp. Third and most important, from now, till the end of days, NO SINGLE PLAYER in SE will put 4 copies of Boomerang or rain delay.. These cards are useless and no one will ever include them in their deck wether to counter aramaia or not.

4- Another extreme trolling soultion, do you want to force me to put 4 Kris or 4 frostmare and degrade my tighly packed deck and destroy the deck synergy for only one hero..we want real solutions, not trolling

5- Use of loom of fate or spitfire hound,,>>>see number 4.... I can believe that we include this cards in our decks.. It made me scream with laughter

6-All the countrol cards you said DONT WORK...unless you want to cripple a protector or fireball him before he playes another portector or his wisp grows to prowerful to control, or you face the swarm of Protector, wisps and buccanner.
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too many words for nothing. The only reason to talk over this is ONLY if it is broken (thus, post an unbelievable streak that proves OP).
    If not then we just speak cause some people dont tech their heroes to deal with one of the popular Heroes. Ok in the past some didnt tech to face millstalker and indeed he is as hell disturbing. Amber, the CotC and DP top dog, "always" lost to Mistalker cause her best playtype didnt include good counters. Still people played Amber and still peoe played millstalker. Same with the brainless Elad rush

There is no need to speak on what is a possible combo. I can tell u another. T1 Spark, T2 Spark+Spark, T3 Santa+Spark, T4 Shard of power. This going first loses almost to noone. Still it is a dead archetype. Ofc Aramia's combos are more pkssible but u all get my point

Statistics or it (the accusation of OP) doesnt count

Ps: btw i am not defending AW here. I too find no problem to put a cap that it cant be buffed more than e.g. +2/+2 per turn or that it dies if it reaches X-atk. Instant counter by a krygon
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Many options can be done, to make it an acceptable 2 cc card

Pick one

1- A general Cap like COI
    2- His HP do not increase ( so he can be somehow dealt with after killing the protector)
    3-A cap on his rise per turn (he doesnt make near fatal early damage and rage quit)
    4- Making him A protector ( so he cant be protected and the low cc cards can actually work)
    5-Unique like COI who is much less powerful
    6- Make him cost 3 CC

Just pick any, and let the day pass, and end this Fuss
    Last edited by Rivozzz; 05-15-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    Master of Puppets
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    I dont know what is your level of experience in Shadow Era: but let me clarify few points:

1- Why are we breaking the rules for 2cc card just to accommodate this wisp.. Regardless of which hero, A 2cc card especially if human, should never gain so much both HP and Attack, so rapidly and so early, without any cap, and not even unique

2- IF we are to put some cards especially to counter one single special deck, that is the definition of OP, if you dont know

3-I dont wanna hear that Boomerang or rain delay a solution.. First they are troll solution. Second they are not a solution because they kill protector not wisp. Third and most important, from now, till the end of days, NO SINGLE PLAYER in SE will put 4 copies of Boomerang or rain delay.. These cards are useless and no one will ever include them in their deck wether to counter aramaia or not.

4- Another extreme trolling soultion, do you want to force me to put 4 Kris or 4 frostmare and degrade my tighly packed deck and destroy the deck synergy for only one hero..we want real solutions, not trolling

5- Use of loom of fate or spitfire hound,,>>>see number 4.... I can believe that we include this cards in our decks.. It made me scream with laughter

6-All the countrol cards you said DONT WORK...unless you want to cripple a protector or fireball him before he playes another portector or his wisp grows to prowerful to control, or you face the swarm of Protector, wisps and buccanner.
    All excellent points - that was why i made my list! I wanted to create an exhaustive list of all the possible counters. And then demonstrate that they are all awful. Thank you for doing that for me, what a team

I agree with everything you say (except that Boomerang does not kill AW - it does. I still won't carry it though)

My point is that all of the counters above, except perhaps Now You're Mine x2 require so much effort / luck / deck-breaking that it shows how strong AW is

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by A1 Otto7 View Post
    Statistics or it (the accusation of OP) doesnt count
    I agree - but Wulven won't share this. So we have to look at proxies for OP:
    - How often does it happen?
    - How can it be countered?
    - What do you need to do to counter it, and how often does that happen?
    - etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still not sure why people are so afraid of a 4/4 on T3... when on T3 GB can get out Dakrath or other fattys. This thing is a lot easier to deal with.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Still not sure why people are so afraid of a 4/4 on T3... when on T3 GB can get out Dakrath or other fattys. This thing is a lot easier to deal with.
    Darkath doesnt have protector...in a second , retreat, CP, T.curse, captured pray, assassin, u name it, any card
    Master of Puppets
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    Darkath doesnt have protector...in a second , retreat, CP, T.curse, captured pray, assassin, u name it, any card
    Number 1, Captured Prey doesn't effect Dakrath. Secondly, I used him as an example. It could just as easily be either of the two fatties that have steadfast.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    1) AW is not easier to deal with, as it is behind protector. The only ways of dealing with it are given above, and they are naff. Dakrath is hard, but every class can deal with it by T4 or T5
    2) Dakrath cannot attack until the following turn - so by end of turn 4 it will have done 5 damage. AW will have done 11
    3) It grows. It can be 7/7 the following turn etc.
    4) The chances of Gravebone getting Dakrath out on T3 are, as i described above, less than 1% vs. 24% for the Aramia combo
    5) Dakrath is unique
    6) You can't follow Dakrath with another fatty on the following turn