Close

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Don't forget Rain Delay either. Comes in all free decks when you create your account.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    You missed my comment mentioning Boooomerang too. Any hero can use it.
    Indeed. I originally thought that the keyword protector stopped other allies being attacked; rather it stops them being targeted. As boomerang doesn't target, I guess this works. Not sure that anyone would pack 4x boomerang in a deck just for this, but I'll add it for completeness.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't forget Rain Delay either. Comes in all free decks when you create your account.
    Rain delay doesn't solve the problem; just buys you an extra turn. And gives another turn for the wisp to get bigger. And another wisp to come out. You have to kill them or at least disable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Boomerang and Rain Delay aren't very constroctive arguments, imo...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowstalker View Post
    Boomerang and Rain Delay aren't very constroctive arguments, imo...
    +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol yeah.. lets all run 4x boomerang and 4x rain delay just to make sure we have it in time to deal with aramia wisp decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Lol yeah.. lets all run 4x boomerang and 4x rain delay just to make sure we have it in time to deal with aramia wisp decks
    If I am forced to run 4 or more tech cards in order to deal with a single deck only, that deck is OP imo and not just a bad match up. The thing with Aramia Wisp is that when it is set up it has no weak match ups. So far classes and archetypes has been balancing themselves out. For example: Zaladar is good vs Lance, BB is good vs Zaladar, Lance is good vs BB. Aramia doesn't care who is on the other side.
    Last edited by Veles; 05-12-2014 at 06:32 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Make Wisp unique. Then either give it a cap, or make it so it gains 1 attack but loses 1 health upon discard. Sure with abomination factory, it'll end up losing no health (gain one AND lose one)... but it'll stay at 2, which keeps it pretty reasonably as far as removal goes.
    Then it's still a powerful card that can be effective and used well, BUT it'll be reasonable to get rid of.
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Questions 1 and 2 are irrelevant imo.

Question 3 should ask what happen (win rate) when you don't get the combo. I bet the % of win is very very small.

I think AW is a product of QM but stand little chance in competitive play. Just like Elad brainless rush. In the WC2013, Control Elad was far more efficient iirc.

My 0.02$
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piña Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Spitfire View Post
    Questions 1 and 2 are irrelevant imo.

Question 3 should ask what happen (win rate) when you don't get the combo. I bet the % of win is very very small.

I think AW is a product of QM but stand little chance in competitive play. Just like Elad brainless rush. In the WC2013, Control Elad was far more efficient iirc.

My 0.02$
    I don't think this is the right way to look at it. The problem is not that wisp is strong, like elad, but it in many cases literally uncounter-able. Wulven should not create a combo that cannot be beaten, or is very very hard to beat.

Further, QM is how many (most?) people enjoy the game.

In fact, win rate when you don't get the combo is irrelevant on its own, as you need to know how often you get the combo - my analysis shows that you get it over half the time. I've asked gondorian for the data from the server, so we can do more analysis.

Qs 1-2 are just researching background so it's clear what we are talking about.