Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Baduruu - The Relentless Survivor

This is my first post sharing my self-designed deck, so please feel free to give your opinion

Okay, as you can see, I have put together a deck for hunter Baduruu. The theme of this deck is the draw card Survivalist.
    Let's see the deck first.

Baduruu + 52 cards:
    Allies (16)
    3X Ironhide Karash
    3X Infernal Gargoyle
    3X Death Mage Thaddeus
    3X Furrion Terror
    4X Shadow Knight

Ability (12)
    3X Shriek of Vengeance
    3X The Perfect Shot
    4X Survivalist
    2X Ley Line Nexus

Items (24)
    4X Snare Trap
    4X Net Trap
    4X Death Trap
    4X Wrath of the Forest
    4X Soul Seeker
    4X Grundler's Double

General Playstyle of the deck:
    1. Draw Power
    This deck relies heavily on the major draw cards (Survivalist, Wrath of the Forest and Grundler's Double, in order of significance). And as a result, most of the time I do not have problem with card draw. Survivalist is a super-effective card IMO, since it refills your hand with a fresh card as soon as a trap or weapon is destroyed.

2. Damage Output
    The major damage dealer of this deck is Grundler's Double, Soul Seeker, fatties (SK and FT). You may think that your win conditions are too little, but as long as you do not have all 4 SKs in your graveyard before your opponent dies, you are perfectly fine.

Card Choice:
    Ironhide Karash, Infernal Gargoyle: Nice t2, 3 drops as they can very probably sustain on the board for several turns.

Death Mage Thaddeus: Nice ping damage upon summon (can form combo kill with weapon/other allies), good against armors such as Snow Sapphire (quite situational though)

Furrion Terror: Mini board swipe, damage dealer

Shadow Knight: Bring back allies (indirectly increasing ally count), damage dealer

Traps: Excellent synergy with Survivalist, low-cost delay card. Traps are nice cards because they are not reactive, but PROACTIVE, giving you good board defense. I personally don't prefer Rolling Boulders because its use is quite situational. And snare trap is there to increase my control/delay power (also a nice t2 drop).

Wrath of the Forest: Secondary draw engine (after Survivalist), great synergy with SK. I choose WotF instead of Pride of the Mountain because it is still useful against solo decks and due to the presence of SK in my deck.

Grundler's Double: Damage, draw, hunters' best friend

Play Order:
    Many of you should know that Baduruu works better going second, since it has a heavier reliance on its SE than the resource count. Another interesting point with this deck is that it is flexible, in the sense that a parallel playstyle is accommodated. The basic idea of the first few turns is to set up nice draw power and later take out GD/SS to take back board control.

Going second:
    Survivalist approach (if you have a Survivalist on hand)
    T1: Nothing
    T2: IK/Snare Trap/Net Trap
    T3: IG/DMT/Death Trap
    T4: Survivalist + GD (Baduruu's ability)

Ally approach (if you have a WotF on hand)
    T1: Nothing
    T2: IK/Snare Trap
    T3: IG/DMT
    T4: WotF + GD

Basically, by turn 4, you will be able to set up at least one draw engines (you may not have GD on hand sometimes) and have nice board control with traps/weenies+weapon. From now on, you can continue to lead the game by casting more traps/allies, while getting cards as each board threat is removed. Of course, this is the ideal case...

I will be updating the post soon. Feel free to comment on The Relentless Survivor.

Problems to be discussed:
    1. Deck size is too large?
    2. Vulnerable to item-destruction (e.g. Smashing Blow, Focused Prayer)
    Last edited by SaviorReborn; 05-12-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1) your deck is too large. inconsistent. as you climb up ur ranking you will see its very counterable. how many traps can you put?
    there is pretty high chance that your starting hand will be very very poor.
    2) mages and solo decks will screw this one. they dont need to draw allies... they wilk burn you down...

so when you need LLN you will get a survivalist... when you want a furrion you will get a net trap. when you cast a WoTF your opponent will take the chance and throw allies...
    IGN AA1 DARKCROSSBOW dont call me a noob, say something that I dont know of

lone wolf of the east

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Guide-To-Traps

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SaviorReborn View Post
    This is my first post sharing my self-designed deck, so please feel free to give your opinion

Okay, as you can see, I have put together a deck for hunter Baduruu. The theme of this deck is the draw card Survivalist.
    Let's see the deck first.

Baduruu + 52 cards:
    Allies (16)
    3X Ironhide Karash
    3X Infernal Gargoyle
    3X Death Mage Thaddeus
    3X Furrion Terror
    4X Shadow Knight

Ability (12)
    3X Shriek of Vengeance
    3X The Perfect Shot
    4X Survivalist
    2X Ley Line Nexus

Items (24)
    4X Snare Trap
    4X Net Trap
    4X Death Trap
    4X Wrath of the Forest
    4X Soul Seeker
    4X Grundler's Double
    The deck is too big, the general rule of thumb is that you shouldn't go over 42 cards + hero, otherwise you lose consistency.

All in all your card choices look pretty good, but you have too many of them, so try to cut the fat.

I would recommend:
    -4 Net Trap (not a good card)
    -2 Ley Line Nexus (too expensive imo)
    -2 Wrath of the Forest (maybe even -4, you have plenty of draw already)
    -1 Shriek of Vengeance (2 is enough)
    -1 Perfect Shot (2 is enough)

Which would bring you down to 42 cards + hero if my maths is good, 40 + hero if you choose to take out all of the WotFs.

Item destruction has always been a problem for Baduruu, not much you can do about that. You're probably better off than most because of Survivalist.

Hunters get some very nice new traps and kick-ass weapons in Shattered Fates, check it out!
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs