Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The twilight guide; tips tricks and how to use them

To begin, This is a general play guide that was first written up after two weeks of only playing the twilight with all of the available heroes in DP and SF.

Originally I posted this in the juggernauts guild , but as this information is useful I feel it could help others out as well

This guide is meant to help anyone make a viable deck using the twilight tribe cards ~ enjoy the read.
    "Keep Calm, and Don't Be a dick." Wheaton's Law

TJadawg45601
    proud member of...
    Team Juggernauts

TJ is now recruiting - click HERE to find out more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Available Twilight Clan Cards

Last edited by adawg45601; 05-10-2014 at 11:33 PM.

TJadawg45601
    proud member of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Average costs:
    The average cost of this tribe is low (1-4cc), therefore they are best suited for rush decks, or heavy resource accelerated decks (amber with JD).

Pros
    1)1) They can stack up on the board very easily and are good for countering other rush decks, as well as playing in a rush-based style.
    2)They are also very good at buffing targeted allies by +4AP, +4HP if you do the ordering right. Likewise they all buff each other up with their given abilities.
    3)They have a built in draw engine that also acts as a pseudo – revival.

Cons
    1)They have low attack, and require great numbers to do significant damage over time. To counter this I’d recommend adding an ‘Aldon the brave’ as one of your chosen support allies.
    2)They die to board wipes quite easily, as they require teamwork to really work well.
    3)They require heavy draw~ due to their low cost, and fast drop rates. To counter this I’d recommend using ‘bad santas’, or some other ‘burst’ draw engine.
    4)Their biggest con is that most of them can get ‘killed at the end of your turn.’ This can be worked around, and even used to your advantage if you play it properly.

Primary play style:
    Rush and stacking damage. Best used with some heavy draw and resource acceleration to make them come out and go for the throat or have a way of supporting them with heavy board control and damage buffs.

TJadawg45601
    proud member of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1)Know your allies, and your opponents play style. You can usually tell this by turn 3-4.

2)Know your opponents

a.There are times when it is wise to buff an ally up to gain control of the board, and there are not.

b.Against mages: depends on the turn and play style. With burn play style it is wise to buff at least 3-4 allies up by t5-6

c.Against warriors: it’s not necessary to buff your allies up very quickly. Swarming is better.

d.Against hunters: you should buff your allies up by T5-6. Especially if it is a skervox, banebow, or amber. but if you are against a victor it may not be necessary

e.Against wulven: it depends on the play style. If it’s a millstalker, yes, you need to buff. If it’s against a pseudo-portal moonstalker (using his ability as a portal defense). It is better to. Against an aggro-based dark claw, it is good to buff so you can survive his ambush hits

f.Against elementals: normally not really necessary to buff, but against a zaladar some buffed allies are good to have. But be careful about setting up one ally as king, otherwise he will be ’mind control’led.

g.Against priest: normally not really necessary to buff, but against a therebin, it is good to have the extra HP to help out.

h.Against rogues: you should buff at least 3-4 allies if you can to help against their aggro, and overly aggressive play style.

TJadawg45601
    proud member of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    3)How to go around the ‘killed at the end of your turn’ effect

a.Twilight herald
    1) Use the twilight herald’s ability to give an automatic +1/+1 to another target ally.
    2) Then attack the hero/enemy with your herald, (if she won’t die).
    3) then use the ritualist’s headdress’ ability to buff the same or another ally by a +2/+2. In doing this you can give an automatic +3/+3 buff to that ally of your choice, or separate them between allies.
    4) if draw is your goal, then use ‘road less traveled’ to get back the 2 cards instead of the +2/+2 buff.

b.Twilight ritualist
    1) Use the twilight ritualist’s ability for the destruction of any item, attachment, artifact, or ability under 3cc.
    2) Then attack the hero/enemy with your herald, (if he won’t die).
    3) then use the ritualist’s headdress’ ability to buff the same or another ally by a +2/+2. In doing this you can give a +2/+2 buff to that ally of your choice
    4) if draw is your goal, then use ‘road less traveled’ to get back the 2 cards instead of the +2/+2 buff.
    5) if the opponent is very item dependent then you can also use ‘retreat’ to get it back and repeat the process.

c.Demetreyo, Twilight Extremist
    1) Use the twilight extremist’s ability for haste and instant ally kill on T3/T4
    3) then use the ritualist’s headdress’ ability to buff the same or another ally by a +2/+2. In doing this you can give a +2/+2 buff to that ally of your choice
    5) if the opponent is playing a rush deck you can also ‘retreat’ her back to your hand for another hasted ally next turn.
    6) if you need a long term ally on the board, and she is behind a protector then use a ‘Twilight Eilidon’ to return her to the board permanently. You will still get any death buff benefits for your ‘Twilight warden’ and you will be able to keep her on as a ally for your board.

d.‘Twilight Eilidon’
    1)Using a ‘jasmine rosecult’ you can easily re summons your ‘twilight eilidon’ to your hand to have another revival, and free draw engine on the board. Though I haven’t experimented too much with it it did have nice effects.

TJadawg45601
    proud member of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ideal heroes to use them with:

1)Tala pureheart
    a.Provides an automatic protector, and +1/+1 buff so you can easily get a +4/+4 buff on any ally in a given turn.

2)Jericho + divine connection
    a.Gives a free +2 boost with your ‘strength of conviction’

3)Rush-aggro style amber
    a.Using the JD and her burst draw engine ‘blood frenzy’ you can easily swarm the board and get in heavy aggro damage over time.

4)Possibly a hunter like victor, or amber, but honestly I didn’t get any play testing done here.

5)Aramia
    a.She could use her ability to summon support artifacts ‘good ascendant’ and draw engines ‘Twilight Eilidon’ for free to the board freeing up your T3 options, as well as allowing a nice T3 extremist drop to clear the board.

6)Burn / supernova nishaven
    a.Possible uses here since they do stack damage and HP which will help them survive his ability to clean the board.

TJadawg45601
    proud member of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

how i got this information:

play testing and lots of it. I played with this clan solely for two weeks, throwing my rating aside and seeing what I could come up with. that being said, While I am not a highly ranked player in the world of SE, I love the creativity and interesting synergies that I came up with while playing with them.

what I need:
    if you have any good ideas about how to support their buffering effects, (Kings pride, and ect...) then they are a good clan to play with, but they do play primarily rush style. that being said they also hate 'haste' effects when the opponent decides to use it to their advantage.

so what good side cards would you include with this group?
    (king's pride, Gunther- General Of Balor, aldon the brave) for + attack
    (Wyrmer the lionheart, the last harvest) for + Health
    (braxnorian soldier, paladin of unaxio) for haste/ damage prevention.
    (jasmine rosecult, earthen protector) for revival/ deck looping

or other Templar allies. tell me what you think.

the basic deck that* I used this with initially you* can find below . It got me up into the 200-250's quite easily

I really want to use them competitively if i can...as they have lots of potential.

TJadawg45601
    proud member of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

warrior based twilight deck
    Focus (growth and Agro )
    Style ( rush & buff)

this deck got me from around 214 to 225, and it's still going strong.
    against some poorly made decks, i was even able to win before turn 8, which is really nice for a rush deck.

i'll post it here and any and all advice is welcome. currently, i'm working on draw issues, and possible board control issues, but i haven't experienced that much lately.

Hero:
    Tala Pureheart

Allies:
    4x twilight herald (1)
    3x gunther (6)
    4x twilight shaman(2)
    3x midnight sentinel(3) .... looking for better options here..
    3x demetryo, twilight extremist (3)
    2x twilight ritualist (3) ....acts as a nice item destruction option.**
    3x twilight warden (3) ....main target or tala's ability
    4x twilight champion(4)....grows big and fast, especially in a nice combo i found.

Utility:
    2x twilight eidolon (draw / graveyard recovery)
    1x enrage (standard against mages)
    4x blood frenzy (standard warrior draw)
    3x road less traveled (enhanced draw + combos with demetryo/ritualist)
    2x ritualist headdress (quick booster + combos with herald/ritualist/demetryo + road less traveled to get it back)
    3x good descendant (nice heal + it really aggravates those mages.

total: 45 cards.

sideboard:
    twilight opportunist(2)..i don't know
    irania, guardian of the swarm (4)...double hitting
    eriss fateweaver (6)...i have 2 of them, and they look really nice, especially behind a shield.
    open to suggestions

just a little fyi...i didn't include crippling blow b/c i didn't know what to swap around, any suggestions would be lovely.

TJadawg45601
    proud member of...
    Team Juggernauts