Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwei View Post
    For death racing, have you tried Special Delivery?
    Aldmor accelerator can damage your opponent for 3 damage if used on them, for 4 cost. I used to include it before Aldmor Accelerator was released, after which I realize that it helps me rush much faster (about 2 turns faster, old gwenneth needed 9 SE for 3 rotations)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dranjo View Post
    Hey there, please tell us more about your solo gwenneth ideas! Could you post your current decklist for us to see?

Golden katar is still ideal for gwenneth, the way I play her. I use her health to tank rather than waste rain delay to prevent small damage. That effectively lets me save my stall cards for when I need them later when more allies appear. Hence since early on I'm tanking damage from allies, I use golden katar to prevent my weapon from getting destroyed since katar loses no durability from defending and hence, saving me a good deal of tempo for a T6 rapid fire. As a bonus, some players tend not to attack into golden katar, giving a few more crucial turns to dish out damage.

Dawn raid is there to take out threatening cards like infinity core and stuff. But I have indeed found myself saccing it quite often. I would probably take this out for another rain delay and maybe another LLN.

As for word of the prophet, it is a very strong card late game when your hand starts clogging up with junk like multiple extra weapons/RF/aldmor/bazaar. WotP allows you to fish for the stall cards you need so much. Coupled with bad Santa, I have been able to draw the all important ITF on time to win the game on a crucial turn.

As for pack an extra, I usually reserve turn 4 for Aldmor accelerator and I don't think the reduced consistency foe including them is worth pulling off the T5 rapid fire weevil combo. I would rather pull out a golden katar on T5, hit for 2 and RF the next turn + ITF if needed.

Thanks for your feedback though, it's nice to find a fellow gwenneth player and I would be glad to discuss more with you.
    I haven't seen Gwenneth much since the beetle demon control decks like what 2 years ago? XD I really think it is underused, especially in a metagame where priests/boris are slow, ter adun is not seen, and dominated against mages and elementals, in which the best things they throw at you are snow sapphires, armour of ages and metamorphic armour.

Actually come to think about it, it is really different playstyles, on whether you want golden katar or not. As you have noted, stall cards are not played until really needed, and the hero can tank. But by having 8 3cc weapons, it is okay to have them destroyed, whether through abilities or durability loss, as replacements are easily available. However, a loss of golden katar through an opponent's LLN would be harder to recover from, although there shouldn't be much problem anyways. It works both ways really. I usually run through about 1 weapon before entering stall mode w/ ITF and rain delay, although the chances that you are able to sustain with that weapon is actually pretty high due to a few Pack an Extra on T4, and also the astoundingly slow metagame right now, other than Aramia with her AW.

I don't really feel the need to run aldmor accelerator on T4, as you should have accumulated 3/4 SE by then, and on T5 you should have 4/5, where on T6 you can easily play aldmor accelerator to a slightly diminished, however still useful extent. However, Pack an Extra is mostly for Weevil-Tipped Crossbow. It works both ways, once again, just that I have been starting first for too many times for my liking, when my deck works better without the "FTA" with Feathered Longbow as well as the +1 SE you get from starting second.

But WoTP as a late game card... I have yet to think of that. I think I might try that

And Dawn Raid to take out Infinity Core, that too.

Thanks for explaining your choices further!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like it. I just don't like kristopher willd.
    True Wielder of the Soul Seeker.

Currently a pupil of the mighty Warriors of the Blue Phoenix.

Ps: I wanna be reborn you guys!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been playing around with special delivery over Kristoffer and it is great for later in the game when you only cast ITF and this. You can try it for yourself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play a very different solo Gwenneth. I refuse to hide with rain delay and itf. You should check it out man.
    Ign: infamous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Could you post your decklist here for us to discuss?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ..... I'll pm you the list, okay?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Did you watch my matches?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    imo, you should play 4x SS on solo gwen no matter what. That weapon is just too great against mages and other matchups

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Absolutely. I use 8 weapons total.