***Items (8)***
    4x Bazaar
    4x Aldmor Accelerator

***Weapons (8)***
    1x Soul Seeker
    3x Golden Katar
    4x Weevil-tipped Crossbow

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

Hello everyone, I'd like to share my solo Gwenneth deck that I've been having fun with. I am by no means a pro player, my highest achieved rating is only 255. However, I've played over a hundred games as solo Gwenneth so I definitely have the experience.

When SF hit the merchant, I replaced 4x special delivery with 4x Aldmor Accelerator and replaced 2x Artful Squire with 2x Dawn Raid. These are the only cards that help SF Gwen.

This is a deathracing deck. I finish most of my games within 9 turns. You can check some of my replays: TJ DranjoX

Here is an ideal opening
    T1: Taunt opponent and tell them all about how awesome Gwendith/Aeon is in your deck, causing them to think you are an allied gwenneth and not sac ally control cards.
    T2: Bazaar/Bad Santa
    T3: Weevil Tipped crossbow - 2 dmg to hero, second durability point usually lost to opposing allies
    T4: Aldmor Accelerator - 5 SE charged
    T5: Golden Katar+Use Aldmor= 7SE Charged ( Hit for 2 damage )
    T6: Rapid Fire + ITF (8DMG) 5SE left
    T7: ITF/Rain Delay(8DMG with ability) 3SE left
    T8: ITF/Rain Delay(8DMG with ability) 0 SE left
    T9: ITF/Rain Delay... do your thing...
    T10+: FATALITY

Card Explanations

Kristoffer Wyld

Edit:Replaced with Special Delivery

Perfect T1/2 play. Getting some early damage on the opponent can decide close games by ending the game one turn earlier than it should have. One turn means a lot to Gwenneth as the opponent's board is usually capable of wiping you out in one turn after you spam ITFs and Rain Delays. Also seful at pinging away armor durability.

Rapid Fire

Crucial card to the success of this deck. You almost always need this by turn 5 or 6. Try to keep an extra copy in hand versus heroes who may destroy it. E.G Warriors with Spectral Sabre. In emergencies, you can protect your Rapid Fire by chaining Into The Forest.

Into the Forest/Rain Delay

You should almost NEVER sac Into the forest. Every turn matters to gwenneth.

1cc - Survive the turn and gain 1 SE. Use this card to ignore the board for up to 4 turns (Hint: 4 Turns of continous ability usage = 32 damage)

Be careful about using Rain Delay when the opposing board can kill you. Shadow Heroes carry Shriek, which can destroy Rain Delay and screw you over.

Rain Delays cannot be used consecutively. Use Rain Delay and then use ITF, then rain Delay then ITF then......

I include 7 stall cards in total. Use Bad Santa, Bazaar and Word of the Prophet to seek them out. After T5, all you need in hand are stall cards, Ley Line Nexus and extra weapons.

Bazaar, Bad Santa, Word Of the Prophet

Why do I run bilateral draw? Simple. Opponent draws tons of allies and control cards. I draw Into The Forest, and negate all the cards they just drew. So you can have all the useless cards you want
    Also because hunter draw options really suck balls....

Bad Santa and Bazaar also make for great T2 plays when going first as you can Santa Bomb and Bazaar Bomb your opponent.

If you draw both in the opening hand, i usually sacrifice Bad Santa and play bazaar so i wont have to worry about draw for a while. Bad Santa is better suited for the last few turns to fish for ITF/Rain Delays/Weapons.

Word of the Prophet was included to help with the consistency of the deck, and also to fish for stall cards or weapons. Use this when you have multiple Rapid fires or other irrelevant cards like multiple bazaars or Aldmor Accelerators.

Dawn Raid, Ley Line Nexus

LLN - Destroy Armor. Kings Pride. Rothems Visage. Armor Of Ages. Elementary, my dear Watson.

Dawn raid - For taking out threatening cards such as Infinity Core or Arthyletes Crypt. Also for taking out low cost armor.

Aldmor Accelerator

This really helped to speed up Gwenneth's game. Gweneth usually needs 3 rotations of her ability to win the game ( 24 Damage + 2-6 from other sources like Aldmor, Kris, early weevil bow....)

In the past, 3 rotations meant needing to survive until turn 9 for 9SE. But with this sick card, you can get 9 SE by turn 6. Thats 3 turns less that Gwenneth needs to survive and pwn face.

The reason it replaced Special delivery was because this card can be used on the opposing hero as well. For the same cost as Special delivery, this card can do the same damage as SD, albeit over 3 turns.

Special trick: Use Aldmor on opponent, then cast another Aldmor and use it again to deal total of 2 dmg (Useful for finishing off games)

You only really need one Aldmor early, ideally at T4. The others can be sacrificed.

Soul Seeker, Golden Katar, Weevil-tipped Crossbow

Golden Katar is the star of this deck. It will stay on the board until item destruction is drawn out, as it does not lose durability on defending. This deters many people from attacking a buffed/unbuffed Katar with their allies as they do not want to lose their alllies. If they do attack into Katar, then you have less allies to deal with. Either way, you get more turns. Since Katar is likely to stick, you will not have to waste tempo recasting a weapon if it gets worn out of durability by allies.

Weevil Crossbow is a great T3 play to get some early damage onto your opponent. It also helps deal with armors if you don't have your item destruction. Sometimes you will want to buff and use it on T4 when you get Accelerator out, so you wont have to cast a weapon on T5(Cast RF instead), saving you some tempo and possibly saving you a turn.

I included Soul Seeker as an emergency weapon when you need healing, and also because it has 4 durability for when you need to attack opponent with unbuffed weapons.

Remarks
    This deck decimates matchups with little item destruction or armor.
    Any matchup can be won, with the hardest matchups being warriors, priests and rogues with their powerful rush and item
    destruction, and the easiest being 26 hp mages and elementalis with poor item D. Jericho is almost an autoloss if you don't have enough rapid fires. You have to be smart with casting your rapid fires against him.
    This deck provides you with all the tools to rush your opponent to death. You should ignore almost everything and go for the throat in every game. Early on, try to get some damage onto your opponent and set up your draw. If you think your opponent can rush you faster than you rush him(E.G Amber), hold off the Bazaar/Bad Santa until later when you need it. Against warriors, don't cast bazaar early. If you do, they wont cast blood frenzy, which to you basically means less health to shoot through. Early Kris' are great and can decide close games.

Keep your ITFs until the opponent can end you in one turn. Its OK to lose HP. However if you think your opponent can finish you by dropping an Aldon or Kings pride, don't risk it, cast ITF. Just never use your stall if your opponent cant finish you yet. You could potentially lose a turn:
    E.G
    Opponent has 9 damage on field and you have 10 health.

Turn 7:You cast your last ITF.
    Turn 8: Firesnake appears. You cant finish your opponent
    Turn9: You take 10 damage, die and stain Gwenneths name.

VS

Turn 7:You soak up 9 damage and are left with 1 hp.
    Turn 8: Firesnake appears. you cast your last ITF.
    Turn 9: You finish the opponent.

Thats all I have to say folks! I hope you find this helpful!

Check out my games by searching my IGN TJ DranjoX !

5 Oct Edit: I've replaced Kristoffer with special delivery as I notice an abundance of resources towards the late game where you will usually be casting only ITF for 1 resources. I've decided that Kristoffer rushes a little slower although he does have a little utility in that he draws enemy fire and also pings at armor and weapons. It's up to you to decide between Kris and Special Delivery.
    Last edited by dranjo; 10-10-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bump

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh thank god I found this thread again XD

Erm... A lot of thanks for the idea!!!

I have posted a thread on my improved version of the deck, maybe you could check it out?

My issues with your deck include: Golden Katar is too slow; so is dawn raid, and the word of the phrophet seems to be extra, especially when you run 8 draw engines already.

My solution was to run 3cc weapons, and 2 soul seekers, amounting to a total of 10 total weapons, facilitating the rush much better. Weevil-Tipped Crossbow is enough, there is no need to run dawn raid, LLN is still needed for Armour of Ages.

Also, Pack an Extra can help weevil last to turn 5.

I have achieved a 15 win streak with this, thanks once again!

#gwenneth4ever

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks good. Have you considered Woodland Spooter? Playing it on t4 is big risk because it is unprotected. But once you hit 7 resources you could drop him and Weevil Crossbow. He could serve as alternative when you don't draw Rapid Fire, or when it get removed.
    Last edited by Veles; 06-13-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For death racing, have you tried Special Delivery?
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And should Loom of Fate be better than Bazaar?
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Looks good. Have you considered Woodland Spooter? Playing it on t4 is big risk because it is unprotected. But once you hit 7 resources you could drop him and Weevil Crossbow. He could serve as alternative when you don't draw Rapid Fire, or when it get removed.
    The big advantage of Rapid Fire is that it is protected by ITF, and also that it can only be removed by priests and the rare Morphic Armour from Elementalis, where as woodland spotter can be killed by all decks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's why I prefer Rapid Fire.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwei View Post
    For death racing, have you tried Special Delivery?
    Special Delivery is too slow. Using 3CC weapons I can finish the game by T7.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwei View Post
    And should Loom of Fate be better than Bazaar?
    Loss of momentum due to the 1 cost.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Leveleditor View Post
    My issues with your deck include: Golden Katar is too slow; so is dawn raid, and the word of the phrophet seems to be extra, especially when you run 8 draw engines already.

My solution was to run 3cc weapons, and 2 soul seekers, amounting to a total of 10 total weapons, facilitating the rush much better. Weevil-Tipped Crossbow is enough, there is no need to run dawn raid, LLN is still needed for Armour of Ages.

Also, Pack an Extra can help weevil last to turn 5.

I have achieved a 15 win streak with this, thanks once again!

#gwenneth4ever
    Hey there, please tell us more about your solo gwenneth ideas! Could you post your current decklist for us to see?

Golden katar is still ideal for gwenneth, the way I play her. I use her health to tank rather than waste rain delay to prevent small damage. That effectively lets me save my stall cards for when I need them later when more allies appear. Hence since early on I'm tanking damage from allies, I use golden katar to prevent my weapon from getting destroyed since katar loses no durability from defending and hence, saving me a good deal of tempo for a T6 rapid fire. As a bonus, some players tend not to attack into golden katar, giving a few more crucial turns to dish out damage.

Dawn raid is there to take out threatening cards like infinity core and stuff. But I have indeed found myself saccing it quite often. I would probably take this out for another rain delay and maybe another LLN.

As for word of the prophet, it is a very strong card late game when your hand starts clogging up with junk like multiple extra weapons/RF/aldmor/bazaar. WotP allows you to fish for the stall cards you need so much. Coupled with bad Santa, I have been able to draw the all important ITF on time to win the game on a crucial turn.

As for pack an extra, I usually reserve turn 4 for Aldmor accelerator and I don't think the reduced consistency foe including them is worth pulling off the T5 rapid fire weevil combo. I would rather pull out a golden katar on T5, hit for 2 and RF the next turn + ITF if needed.

Thanks for your feedback though, it's nice to find a fellow gwenneth player and I would be glad to discuss more with you.