Holas Shadow Erites!

All chapters, no matter how wonderful they are, must one day come to an end. No writer would dare break that rule, and some relish it. What makes for a true and deep story is to have these chapters woven together into a greater tapestry; for my life and that of Balor to have woven together was a thing of beauty for me, and one I won't soon forget! Sadly, chapters are only part of the whole story.

For me, my story seems to be taking a different turn. The need to grow has become to much, and I've started back to college for computer programming. To say I'm excited for this is a MASSIVE understatement; it's going to be so awesome! It doesn't, however, leave me the time to dedicate to all of you and the world we've built together that it all deserves. So, with that in mind, I've decided to leave my position on the Design Team.

This does not mean all is lost!!

I've left behind years of planned lore, and a general road map of where Shadow Era has been and is going. I know that whoever comes in my place will have all of the tools to create a future each of us will enjoy looking forward to. I also know the remaining members of the DT have some incredible plans for that future; things which are really going to rock some faces! So, with that in mind, I have a favor to ask of all of you:

Whoever fills the role of Loremaster in the future, support them. Give to them all of the respect you would and have given me. Yes, they will likely try new things that I did not; this is a good thing and one that helps take Balor, and Shadow Era as a whole, to levels I might not have been able to. Change is natural, and just as I'll have a new life without Shadow Era, I hope it will have an even greater one without me!

Especially since I do plan to return as a player someday! I'll be taking a break, of course, to give some separation and to let my former teammates work without me accidentally barging in. But I can't let you guys forget the beauty of the original Mill Miester, now can I? I've worked on this game as a labor of love, and that love is no less today than it ever was.

Lastly, I want to thank Kyle for giving me the amazing opportunity that this has turned out to be, and GDC for pushing him to do it! This has been one wild ride, and who knows? Maybe I'll be back again someday.

You guys and gals, who have loved and supported both his game and myself, are genuinely Epic. Don't forget it.

Sincerely,
Kevin 'NachyoChez' Manning