Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

And this chapter has ended

Holas Shadow Erites!

All chapters, no matter how wonderful they are, must one day come to an end. No writer would dare break that rule, and some relish it. What makes for a true and deep story is to have these chapters woven together into a greater tapestry; for my life and that of Balor to have woven together was a thing of beauty for me, and one I won't soon forget! Sadly, chapters are only part of the whole story.

For me, my story seems to be taking a different turn. The need to grow has become to much, and I've started back to college for computer programming. To say I'm excited for this is a MASSIVE understatement; it's going to be so awesome! It doesn't, however, leave me the time to dedicate to all of you and the world we've built together that it all deserves. So, with that in mind, I've decided to leave my position on the Design Team.

This does not mean all is lost!!

I've left behind years of planned lore, and a general road map of where Shadow Era has been and is going. I know that whoever comes in my place will have all of the tools to create a future each of us will enjoy looking forward to. I also know the remaining members of the DT have some incredible plans for that future; things which are really going to rock some faces! So, with that in mind, I have a favor to ask of all of you:

Whoever fills the role of Loremaster in the future, support them. Give to them all of the respect you would and have given me. Yes, they will likely try new things that I did not; this is a good thing and one that helps take Balor, and Shadow Era as a whole, to levels I might not have been able to. Change is natural, and just as I'll have a new life without Shadow Era, I hope it will have an even greater one without me!

Especially since I do plan to return as a player someday! I'll be taking a break, of course, to give some separation and to let my former teammates work without me accidentally barging in. But I can't let you guys forget the beauty of the original Mill Miester, now can I? I've worked on this game as a labor of love, and that love is no less today than it ever was.

Lastly, I want to thank Kyle for giving me the amazing opportunity that this has turned out to be, and GDC for pushing him to do it! This has been one wild ride, and who knows? Maybe I'll be back again someday.

You guys and gals, who have loved and supported both his game and myself, are genuinely Epic. Don't forget it.

Sincerely,
    Kevin 'NachyoChez' Manning

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dont let the door hit u in the ass on the way out!

Seriously though, thats awesome news man! I wish you good luck on this new path and have fun with the hand you are dealt!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez View Post
    Holas Shadow Erites!

All chapters, no matter how wonderful they are, must one day come to an end. No writer would dare break that rule, and some relish it. What makes for a true and deep story is to have these chapters woven together into a greater tapestry; for my life and that of Balor to have woven together was a thing of beauty for me, and one I won't soon forget! Sadly, chapters are only part of the whole story.

For me, my story seems to be taking a different turn. The need to grow has become to much, and I've started back to college for computer programming. To say I'm excited for this is a MASSIVE understatement; it's going to be so awesome! It doesn't, however, leave me the time to dedicate to all of you and the world we've built together that it all deserves. So, with that in mind, I've decided to leave my position on the Design Team.

This does not mean all is lost!!

I've left behind years of planned lore, and a general road map of where Shadow Era has been and is going. I know that whoever comes in my place will have all of the tools to create a future each of us will enjoy looking forward to. I also know the remaining members of the DT have some incredible plans for that future; things which are really going to rock some faces! So, with that in mind, I have a favor to ask of all of you:

Whoever fills the role of Loremaster in the future, support them. Give to them all of the respect you would and have given me. Yes, they will likely try new things that I did not; this is a good thing and one that helps take Balor, and Shadow Era as a whole, to levels I might not have been able to. Change is natural, and just as I'll have a new life without Shadow Era, I hope it will have an even greater one without me!

Especially since I do plan to return as a player someday! I'll be taking a break, of course, to give some separation and to let my former teammates work without me accidentally barging in. But I can't let you guys forget the beauty of the original Mill Miester, now can I? I've worked on this game as a labor of love, and that love is no less today than it ever was.

Lastly, I want to thank Kyle for giving me the amazing opportunity that this has turned out to be, and GDC for pushing him to do it! This has been one wild ride, and who knows? Maybe I'll be back again someday.

You guys and gals, who have loved and supported both his game and myself, are genuinely Epic. Don't forget it.

Sincerely,
    Kevin 'NachyoChez' Manning
    You've created an awesome world that is very interesting and we appreciate that. Good luck with your future endeavors. Looking forward to seeing you as a normal player again and thanks for all your hard work.

(I'm terrible at this sort of thing, so if it seems like there is a lack of effort its only coincidental. )
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good luck Nachyo!
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wish you good fortune! I know you will be needing time off, because those Computer Programming classes are no joke! Several required high level math classes = no fun for me! Plenty of others may have a better time with it though.

Thats a great field too. You'll be able to get a job doing practically anything with computers with that degree, and you're almost guaranteed to end up with a six figure salary if you're good at it.

I've got a year left for my Web Development degree, so I sort of know how you feel. Its exciting, but difficult sometimes.

I'm sure you'll do great!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You've always been a great guy and very helpful around here. I'm glad to have met you. You will do fantastic in your future and we look forward to seeing your work one day.

SE is losing a part of it's soul here, but as you say, " All things can and must change"

We will miss you your Cheesiness!

It's not easy being Cheesy, but you rocked it!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Best of Luck Kevin, you will be missed!!! It was very nice meeting you over Skype :-)
    Currently a finalist in the WULVEN APPRENTICE and will happily take any support I can get from you guys

PFG Member

Shadow Era Champion for Orlando/Sanford Florida!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Since it says at the bottom of the thread who's read this, I have to reply now or I look rude!

OK, here goes ...

I wish you the very best of luck with the new direction. If you need any help with the computer programming, let me know. I've done a few things here and there.

But I do actually hope you return one day to finish what you started, so I don't have to live with the regret of helping you onto the team in the first place.

I'll never forget you, NoPantsNachyo!

I'm going to go order one of these for the three remaining DT members to celebrate your time with us.

(Check out the reviews, they are hilarious!)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Best of luck Kevin. Your lore has brought so much depth to this world and sparked the imagination of many here, including yours truly.

Godspeed and hope to see you soon.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good luck NachyoChez