Close

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I definitely like the targeting lines.

I don't think the actual "cards" should be replaced by oversized icons and indicators though. I thought the goal was to make the physical game look the exact same way as the digital game and vice versa?

Even though its digital, keep the card game a card game, please.

3D backgrounds are all good. Get them pushed out in order to keep that promise to the kickstarter backers. But the gameboard layout redesign seriously can wait. Take as much time as needed on that so its done right. Instead, focus on that deck builder! The layout is fine as it is right now, and with SE being so new in the eyes of the physical realm, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to change that just yet.

That deck builder though.... that deck builder though... man oh man that deck builder though... needs some work.

That deck builder though.
    That AI though.
    That auction house though.
    Last edited by Kross; 05-09-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey !

Kyle, I understand the appeal of the basic concept of the new layout. Having the Hero centered and showcasing the art of weapon and armor would be a nice thing.

But this way you just can't get two rows vertically for allies and items.
    I have a suggestion though how it might work.

Check out dem Paintshop skillz:

[IMG][/IMG]

So allies in the middle, items and artifacts on the bottom right, graveyard right above the deck and on the opposing players side everything mirrored.

Also I increased the size of allies and items to 120% to show that it would still fit and use as much screen estate as possible.

PS: I Would like to add that the hand cards need to be bigger too for playing on the smartphone.
    And I can't really get my head around how hovering could possibly work on touchscreen devices?!

PPS: And pls, even if this new boarddesign will make it into the final game let an option for the traditional one.
    Last edited by ub3rprogmr; 05-09-2014 at 11:11 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^ how is that any better than the current one?? Like Bobby well said, 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.
    For the love of cardgames, stick to the current setup and improve it. Add the 3D stuff to it if you want.
    This board configuration is a disaster.
    It's non intuitive, different from physical version and the same as HS.... why?

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't care what you do with this layout as long as there is an option to play with the current layout.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    Don't care what you do with this layout as long as there is an option to play with the current layout.
    +1,

Nice little set to put your cards on , but the game matters, not the pretty background!
    How about, art on the cards, an auction house, and maybe some serious bug fixes?
    Then get back to putting lipstick on a pig!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    How about, art on the cards, an auction house, and maybe some serious bug fixes?
    Then get back to putting lipstick on a pig!
    All of my yes
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

World Champion 2015
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why there is no way to reveal opponents' resources? And all important informations are revealed by numbers instead, it makes SE look more rough than ever.
    General of Triumph
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    after having slept a night about it.. actually screw it. I just can't see how that layout could work.

and you have not really thought about where to put all these items, artifacts and attachments, have you?
    at least I got the impression from that video.
    so why do you waste your precious development time on a concept that is not even fully thought through?!

also: - only your deck and a cut off opponents hand show off digital sleeves
    - what about the playmats?! do you want to model many different 3d boards or what

I'd say improve the current layout and push that 3dboard stuff back and focus on the important things.

just my 2 cents

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All I'm going to say is this....The main reason Shadow Era is popular, is because when playing it, it still feels like your playing a card game, not s video game.
    I mainly like Shadow Era based off the fact that I played Yugioh for so long, and as I got older and couldn't travel to go play and stuff, I needed something to fill that void for me....Shadow Era has done just that, and I know I'm not alone on that note. I want to continue playing shadow era as is, with obvious improvements of course, maybe not a major overhaul like shown in the video but definitely changes/improvements.

For instance,

* Bug Fixes
    * just do like a more modern lay out on the current card area/battle field (no replacements of work cards go or are shown is needed imo)
    * obviously card art for the rest of SF lol
    * and other options in game as far as ways maybe to tally up shadow crystals, ways to get more foils, a player to player trading system, and most importantly I would say a new set to be launched more often like once every 5 months instead of once every year.
    * A tournament system for players that way more competitive areas of the game get more shine and players can host tournaments better and it doesn't take as long to do one tournament.
    * better deck building set up

These are what I find most important to take care of in the up incoming version, now I know I'm just one person and most of what I mentioned will go unnoticed and undone.....But it should at least be given consideration.
    I mean we all play Shadow Era for what it is, which is on line Premium "card game" . Nothing else if we wanted something else in that aspect then we would play other games.
    I don't want MTG, world of warcraft, hertstone or any other game system that's out there.......I simply meant what it is Shadow Era delivers, which is a on line card game that makes me feel like I am playing a TCG card game with an actual other player but through my phone, PC, MAC or tablet with the above improvements...........And I'm pretty sure many would agree.

Thank you for your time Kyle and everyone else who may have actually read this long ass thing I wrote lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about using the current layout and providing several high resolution 2d playmats that are drawn according to the layout, e.g. tomb stones next to graveyard pile etc.

Additionally there will be 3d "playmats" which only add some polygonal clutter (some 3d objects) to the current layout.

Or another option: build one 3d battlefield/board like the one presented. And the playmats will be just different skins/textures. Only problem is that this won't translate to physical.

Either way, I think playmats and 3d objects are good ways for spending crystals in something cosmetic. And games like TF2 and League of Legends demonstrate how mich money can be made with unnecessary cosmetic stuff.
    Last edited by the_MUKe; 05-10-2014 at 09:24 AM.