Close

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Major concern is the useability on mobile platforms with small screens like phones.
    The cards are tiny in the video, imagine them on a mobile phone screen half the size.

I hope they proactively deliver zoom modes along with the new layout.
    (Or a setting to display in 'classic' :P )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The new log inscreen reminds me of skyrim. I like it. The new bord is pretty but i dont like it. You say you want to keep the feel of real crads? Then why take away the resource pile and the oposing players deck. I was happy to see you decided not to go with the originally posted layout but this one is nearly the same and feels claustrophobic. From what i seen most people like the card layout. I think you should keep the current caed layout and do whatever you want with it or make an option to play with the original bord. I gave you appreciation for the hard work. I actually hate that i hate the new design bc the work you have done. But it is what it is. Maybe its my time to hang up shadow era. Thats what i will do If this or the new bord is anything similar to this with the hero in the middle not being able to see my rescourse deck or oppents deck. Im the one to say if you cant add fancy 3D stuff with the original lay out then dont. A simple mind is a happy mind.
    Nothing to fear but fear itself
    IGN: SpaceGhost

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That looks worse lol. They just moved it around and put a metal background... Focus on the cards not BS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Keep the board simple, improve card art, afterall all that matters are cards, who cares about the background?! I dont mind even if the board is 'plain black'.
    IGN: EX ANBU
    Dark Rogue Assassin of the East.
    Guild: [EX] The Exiled Ones "Honor is overrated."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nothing has change still looks like a cheap copy of hearthstone...
    El Final De Los Dias Se Acerca...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you are going to copy some aspects of heartstone, copy the drag and drop system, copy the diversified attack animations, copy the fact that cards on the battlefield are only represented by their artwork (until on mouse over) hell, even copy the voice acting and other little things that make you go "uh, that's nice" one time and then are just plain annoying,.... but please for the love of god don't think that having 4 boxes around your battlefield with some arbitrary 3D structures and particle effects are gonna make your game as succesfull as heartstone.

I'm pretty confident that Shadow era has the potential to be a far better game than heartstone, but you are not gonna get there if you willingly put yourself in the position of the "cheap, low budget ripoff". You aren't a ripoff, you are an independent game with a good base, good artwork, and a devteam with amazing potential that is slowly getting it's shit together. You could be one of the leading digital trading card games in the field, start acting like one, it might be harder at first, but it's the only way forward on the long term. Less bending over, more creativity.

Also, the darkness of that playingboard makes me kinda depressed. :P

kind regards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi kyle. First of all congratulations with this epic game. Truly amazing. My only suggestion is to not cut away the cards held in your hand. I think it spoils the sleeve part a bit?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruxes View Post
    nothing has change still looks like a cheap copy of hearthstone...
    Yes it does. Way too similar to Hearthstone.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bytas View Post
    If you are going to copy some aspects of heartstone, copy the drag and drop system, copy the diversified attack animations,
    This ^^

I think the 1st step in this if the targeting lines, that is awesome. Appending up the attacking sequence would be much better, like just showing the sword or claw or fire or whatever damage hit the card it's attacking and show his much damage it does. That would I think be a great addition to the game. While we are at it the buffing of allies could be done similar too.
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would honestly much rather see an updated version of the current layout, with added visuals for cards effects and actions. I do not think changing the layout completely is a great idea, but not the absolut worst either. I actually like the way the board is set up now, it remindes me of the TCGs I played as a kid.
    If it is changed so drastically a lot of people will complain loudly for while, but eventually we will all get used to it. It is of course still the actual gameplay that keeps us playing.
    The 3D scenes in the corners seem kind of pointless, I generally find simple, clean designs more aesthetically pleasing.
    IGN: jultrio