Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like this new layout for the targeting animation.
    I really don't like the fact that sleeves are almost invisible.

edit: I also prefer the current discrete light blue frame or targetable cards to the new the flashy colors (red, green, ...) which seem more "childish" (not the right word), less "shadow" (era).
    Last edited by renew; 05-10-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, I like this, but I have a question. How exactly will the targeting work on phones or tablets? You can't drag and drop on a phone? Will be more point and click like it now?
    Mage Guardian of Gilead
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kraken View Post
    Ok, I like this, but I have a question. How exactly will the targeting work on phones or tablets? You can't drag and drop on a phone? Will be more point and click like it now?
    Actually you can

You start by dragging from your own card to an opponents card... Simple
    Best Regards,

Bobbypim
    [ Warwizard of the Jutland Plains ]

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    ( Read about my guild )

IGN: BP Bobbypim

Card designs:
    Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Heroes Rising | Coming of Dragons
    Trackers of Night | Keystones

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Yeah, you really need to see their deck and their graveyard.

Maybe the 3D stuff in the top left and right could be moved completely to either side of the board? It would make it look less Hearthstony and also be more functional and more like physical SE. Small screens could just not show that part; PC and large resolution tablets could.
    +1
    Member of the EX

"The Exiled Ones- Honor is overrated."

Played monster hunter freedom unite and mh tri.
    mhfu: Hr 9 and Ukanlos down.
    mhtri: Hr 99; yeah kind of funny xD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    I definitely like the targeting lines.

I don't think the actual "cards" should be replaced by oversized icons and indicators though. I thought the goal was to make the physical game look the exact same way as the digital game and vice versa?

Even though its digital, keep the card game a card game, please.

3D backgrounds are all good. Get them pushed out in order to keep that promise to the kickstarter backers. But the gameboard layout redesign seriously can wait. Take as much time as needed on that so its done right. Instead, focus on that deck builder! The layout is fine as it is right now, and with SE being so new in the eyes of the physical realm, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to change that just yet.

That deck builder though.... that deck builder though... man oh man that deck builder though... needs some work.

That deck builder though.
    That AI though.
    That auction house though.

+1
    Merchant & deck builder could definitely use some 3d graphics and such.

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I only want a Joey the Passion styled battlefield so i can play SE on my phone
    It's always good to go back to your previous achievement and realize how mediocre it was , because it means that you have improved a lot since that time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This version of the 3D battlefield still feels like Shadow Era so that's good I think. However the color theme is also similar to the old SE battlefield, dull.

How about a better color theme? One that feels dark without it being dull especially since you guys are also trying to provice a better first impression to new players. I think the Game of Thrones intro is a good example of dark but not dull color theme.

A1 AGENTofSITH
    -The Eternal Acolyte of A1-

"Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I might be too accustomed to the current layout but I don't like having the hero in the center. When playing the game, you spend most of your time looking at your hand and the board. You're not always looking at your hero. Having him at the center just puts him in the way of everything.

With the new look, I still find that there's too much wasted space that can otherwise be used for things that you need to see like the graveyard and your opponent's deck as others have mentioned. I'm a utilitarian with regards to games and would rather have a functional board than a pretty one. After playing tons of games, how often will we really see those 3d items in the top corners? I say, put in the 3D effects around the graveyard (like tombs or floating ghosts that increase with more allies and items) (suggested by others) and around the resource pile (like stacks of gold that grow as you get more resources).

I do like the targeting lines and the improvements being done by the devs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    I might be too accustomed to the current layout but I don't like having the hero in the center. When playing the game, you spend most of your time looking at your hand and the board. You're not always looking at your hero. Having him at the center just puts him in the way of everything.

With the new look, I still find that there's too much wasted space that can otherwise be used for things that you need to see like the graveyard and your opponent's deck as others have mentioned. I'm a utilitarian with regards to games and would rather have a functional board than a pretty one. After playing tons of games, how often will we really see those 3d items in the top corners? I say, put in the 3D effects around the graveyard (like tombs or floating ghosts that increase with more allies and items) (suggested by others) and around the resource pile (like stacks of gold that grow as you get more resources).

Exactly! I think you said everything I was thinking!
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post

I absolutely agree in all points.