Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^THIS, so much THIS!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ..i don't in any way mean to say the design should not be changed, improved, or even completely overhauled, however i believe the cardArt this game has deserves better, MUCH better...and i really am concerned, as well as i care for this game (...enough to take the time to think about this and share my feelings)

i mean, if need be 3D and fancy stuff, you can still have designers create some sort of Throne (ideally positioned somewhere in bottom left corner perhaps), the Hero-card can then be kinda "sat" on that throne, his/her ShadowEnergy can be in form of lil' gems (crystals!) - one lit every time hero gains SE
    - attachments, armor and weapons can then be put in slots 'behind' the throne, sticking out just enough to be visible (attachment directly behind hero, weapon/armor on left/right)

- GraveYard can be treated in similar fashion, with a 3D gravestone next to it
    - as for ResourcePile, imo this doesn't even necesarily has to be pile of cards, get creative, make it a pile of rocks for example, or something like pile of "used" ShadowCrystals that just aren't shining anymore (just make sure there's a number indicating how many res. one has available/total)

- then when it comes to 2v2 you also have options, you can either make it so that 2 players are sat on one side of the battlefield, but you can also get fancy and make the battlefield more of a square, with each player sitting one one side of it and when the player/you wants to see the board-stage of others, it can be turning to one side or the other (for player seated left/right) and scrolling a camera for player opposing to you (just like it is now)

...and if you really want to "show-off" (in a good and positive way, ofc) make it even Faction-specific (i.e. different for Shadow/Human), or even make a specific "throne" for each Class

..i mean there's always options, and i am well aware that it must be incredibly hard to keep everyone happy Kyle, but i also see that many, MANY, players already expressed their dislike/disagreement with what's been presented so far

- be creative, have a plan/theme, OWN theme, fitting the theme of shadow era as such, and most importantly WORTH the absolutely amazing CardArt this game has

so, i know it's up to you whats gonna happen, but please try to consider as many possibilities and different (completely) proposals of the battlefield before spending money on something many people will dislike, or not even use (given the option to toggle between old/new design)

fingers crossed, and all the best to this game!
    Last edited by 4Ak; 06-04-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i dont care what happens, i will always keep playing this game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To say I'm concerned is an understatement...so much effort going into this new 3D look and all I can see is the hero (the cards in the hand need to be much bigger without having to scroll over. Oh well, we can't all have what we want, but it's way better the way it is currently imo.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If this update makes this app not compatible with ipad1 ios5.1.1 I'll be irritated in multiple ways.

Let the big dogs do eye candy. Stick with strategy and add sounds.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I stand with 4Ask on this, not just because we're both TJs, but because he makes excellent points and great sense. In the past I have forgiven Shadow Era of being a blatant WoW CCG rip-off, minus anything WoW related, plus the exclusion of instants and minor alterations to how resources, attachments and equipment work, but I honestly cannot forgive you guys ripping of the Hearthstone layout, it's pure laziness. Kyle you guys at Wulven are so much better than this, you could make a truly epic battlefield revamp that would springboard SE into the limelight it never quite reached due to lack of marketing and innovation. I have high hopes you will abandon the Hearthstone layout in favor of something more original and much better than that terrible layout, if not then I will wish you the best and take my leave as that will indeed be the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the current one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by angel white View Post
    I like the current one.
    The current one merely needs some polish and shining to hide its age.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here are some of my suggestion for improving this game's graphic quality.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ew-card-effect

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Waiting for DEV VIDEO 3
    IGN: EX ANBU
    Dark Rogue Assassin of the East.
    Guild: [EX] The Exiled Ones "Honor is overrated."