Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Majiya 1.25

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HPAnigma View Post
    all the cards have a reason for being there... ats tart i didnt liek flames and poison and most of the times they end up being recources, but when u dont have board control and probably u see that its hard to get it back and u focus on direct dmg... they help a lot... but i still consider them for a change (shriek? maybe)
    With Gwen and Amber running around Shreek is a MUST deff not a maybe. Also i have found playing agsinst other Mage decks that taking out their research is a great way to keep control. I faced a guy (i went first once and second the second time). I took out his research both times and that made a huge diff. he didnt lay another researchdown after that. What i often do is just keep board controll by nuking their allies, fireballs work great. While i woudl love to use the fireballs on the hero maintaining board controll is more important. Once their hand dies down i can focus more on dropping allies on the board and hit them that way.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    With Gwen and Amber running around Shreek is a MUST deff not a maybe. Also i have found playing agsinst other Mage decks that taking out their research is a great way to keep control. I faced a guy (i went first once and second the second time). I took out his research both times and that made a huge diff. he didnt lay another researchdown after that. What i often do is just keep board controll by nuking their allies, fireballs work great. While i woudl love to use the fireballs on the hero maintaining board controll is more important. Once their hand dies down i can focus more on dropping allies on the board and hit them that way.
    I saw u with th e hunter.... It's funny how we both left majiya for hunter but we had very different build...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am no where near the ratings/ ranking of you guys. I was playing within the 380 range and then when 1.24 came out i messes around with all the different heroes. Lost most of the games anyway, and now playing near the 270 range. Maybe the opponents within 270 is not that great but majiya seems to be the hero that I have constant success with. I tend to win games during turn 8, or 9.

I have seen the different post on mage and there are people who give lots of priority to poison and flames and would cast it asap. I find that when my resource hit 4, I tend to cast lightningbolt and kill my opp's 3 cost creatures with the help of my 1 damage guys. Could it be because I am playing within the low range so wins are easy anyway? Will the guys playing in 400 plus range put a higher priority in poison and flames?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just modified my Majiya to be a little more ally friendly, an inspiration of this thread and got milled by a Gwenneth deck... for non-MTG guys that means I died from the damage of not having any more cards left to draw.
    Weirdest game ever.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyjohn View Post
    I have seen the different post on mage and there are people who give lots of priority to poison and flames and would cast it asap. I find that when my resource hit 4, I tend to cast lightningbolt and kill my opp's 3 cost creatures with the help of my 1 damage guys. Could it be because I am playing within the low range so wins are easy anyway? Will the guys playing in 400 plus range put a higher priority in poison and flames?
    If only small allies .. I prefer to cast engulfing/poison first. Taking few hits is ok. I can handle it later. But the later i cast, the least likely you will cast it anyway. Why? Cos the more dangerous allies to control and i will be busy controling the board otherwise the damage can be too big to take.

And it also gives some kind of "count down" to my opp. And while im controling the board, my opp hero still taking damage.