Close

Thread: Wisp Aramia

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wisp Aramia

Hey guys, the following will be my current decklist for my Wisp Aramia deck, if you guys have any suggestions please leave and explain them.

Hero (1):
    1x Aramia

Allies (18):
    4x Birgitte Skullborn - 1cc ally, also protects your Wisps, even if it's only one shot it's often very important or even just to keep the Wisps out of range
    2x Fatebreak Familiar - 2cc ally if you dont have Wisp up, also can protect Wisps from Crippling Blow or so
    4x Aetherborn Wisp - Obv, OP :D
    3x Fortified Wisp - We play a lot of ally-buffs, especially for Homunculus and this one can also get a beast if fed a bit
    4x Tenacious Buccaneer - Self-explaining
    1x Evolving Abomination - 3cc Ally if the Opponent used his resources to get rid of the wisps, also Homunculus

Support (19):
    1x Bazaar - Consistent draw-enginge that can be searched by Aramia, picked it over Tome because we will need the Resources most of the time and this deck is stronger early
    4x Consuming Fear - Cheap ally-control, our Allies have to survive
    2x Abomination Factory - Powering up the Wisps and casts Buccaneer for free, important card in this deck. Can also be searched by Aramia or used on other Homunculi if necessary
    4x Glimmer of Hope - Draw- and Discard-Engine
    2x A Legend Rises - un-cripples and buffs your Wisps
    2x Stone Skin - Perfect protection for the Wisps!
    4x Fireball - What should I say

Weapon/Armor (3):
    1x Splicer's Crown - Searchable by Aramia; keeps on buffing wisps, also useful against Graveyard-Control Decks
    2x Dagger of Fate - Also searchable, free 3 dmg

40 Cards + Hero

Thanks to Airact for great suggestions!
    Last edited by xThundurusx; 05-08-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Crystal Shards might like a home in your deck.

Maybe something like:
    -1 Glimmer of Hope
    +2 Crystal Shards

Which would make this a 40 + Hero card deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by highmystica View Post
    I think Crystal Shards might like a home in your deck.

Maybe something like:
    -1 Glimmer of Hope
    +2 Crystal Shards

Which would make this a 40 + Hero card deck.
    Hey, thanks for the suggestion but Glimmer of Hope is definetily the better card for this deck here because:
    -First there is the possibility of milling important cards which are hard to get back
    -Second and the big point actually is that Wisp only gets his buffs when the cards are discarded from the hand and not from the deck, Glimmer of Hope gives insta +2+2, also you can decide which card you wanna keep for the situation, so i will stay at my glimmer
    Thanks for the fast answer anyways!
    Last edited by xThundurusx; 05-08-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not sure if Fatebreak Familiar is a good card, especially when it's removed so easily. Using Abomination Factory on is useless as anything kills it and it's ability isn't the most necessary thing with A Legend Rises in the deck. It might be a necessary evil though, to stabilize the deck.

I think three Abomination Factories are too much. You can fetch for one if you need to and you probably don't need more than two in a game. If your opponents kill it often, I guess it's fine but I would say that killing the thing is a bit questionable in itself. I've seen people run three so it's not out of question, but I disagree with it.

Four Glimmers of Hope are necessary. You live and die by the card and having three is, in my opinion, unquestionably wrong.

Treasured Heirloom does very little. You say you want it on a Wisp because the opponent wants to kill it, but if the Wisp dies, you are pretty much dead. You want a Plan-B but counting on your Wisp dying isn't a good idea.

You never want two Bazaars. Ever. You can fetch for one, or cast it if you manage to draw it but having multiples is not that great. I think the card itself is fine in the deck though.

Splicer's Crown + Undying Bond for the best combos ever. Undying Bond also seems both expensive and unnecessary in a deck that hates card advantage. I would probably give Splicer's Crown the Bazaar treatment also. It's not necessary enough to have multiples of, even if it's a good card in the deck. You probably never want two of them. I guess it's good with Fortified Wisp so it's not out of the question but it seems a bit thin considering how often your starting hand will be worse by having two in the deck.

That said, if you have space, this is not the worst item to have two of.

Dagger of Fate is fine as a two of, I think. There is an argument of only running one, which is fair, but this is a card you might actually want to have two of in the deck considering that you might need direct damage to end games. A single dagger can have the potential of dealing up to 9 damage and it's fairly often that it deals 6. For 3cc. With the option of going for board control if absolutely necessary (you probably want to go upstairs with it tho). It's a good card.

And now that we have taken a million cards out:

-2 Fatebreak Familiar. You do need Homunculus allies and this is a 2cc 2/3, even if it's not great with Ab. Factory (pun maybe intended). It can attack for 3 and that might be enough. Not optimal by any means but maybe a necessary evil.

-1 Abomination Factory

-1 Bazaar

-2 Treasured Heirloom

-2 Undying Bond

-1 Splicer's Crown

We can get some in:

+2 Consuming Fear. Like, seriously, you want that Wisp alive.

+1 Glimmer of Hope. You live and die by this card. It's also really good for digging for outs. No reason to have less than four.

+4 Fireball. It's a Fireball. A ball of fire. What's there not to like?

+2 Stoneskin. This card is really underrated. While I haven't played it in a Wisp deck (because I was stupid and ran too many items in mine), I have played it in a Gravebone deck and it can get quite insane from time to time. And if not, the Wisp is free to murder people. Seems pretty good to me. It's worth testing at least and if I'm going to get back to working on the deck, this is a change I will make.

Cards to maybe consider:

Aldmor Conduit. There might be a situation in a game where you might run out of items to fetch. This does cost one more than Bazaar which might be important if your hand isn't optimal but I think it's worth considering.

Evolving Abomination. I don't really like it as a card but if the opponent is too keen on destroying the Wisp plan and happens to run out of stuff, this can get out of hand quite fast. Maybe a 1-of max.

Thunderstrike Construct. It's 5cc which is really bad for the deck but the guy is quite good. Helps close out games and helps if you need to get rid of a guy. Max 2-of, probably a 1-of.

Supernova. Again, 5cc but a reasonable card to kinda reset things, and to deal damage upstairs. More than a 1-of might net you awkward hands though.

Transmogrification Curse. It's costed a bit high but it gets rid of a guy. Just don't run that many. Probably 2-of max

That's about what I got. There are some open-enders with Splicer's Crown, Ab Factory and Familiar and how many of each you should have but this kind of build is something I would build right now (if it counts for anything, I don't think I'm that great of a player tbh).
    Last edited by Airact; 05-08-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you really much for your in-depht feedback. I cant say much but i would agree on like everything you suggested. The 4 Familiars were just as fillers as i didnt really have other thoughts about the deck spots. 1 Bazaar and Splicer's Crown sound very comprehensionable. The Treasured Heirloom were also just fillers that should have helped out the bad draw engine. Undying Bond in combination with the factory (where 3 factories would be arguable again) already helped me very well giving me back a Wisp and a Buccaneer, but your after your explanations and other suggestions I feel likely to just adapting everything. Stoneskin btw seems like an awfully strong card in there. I will test the deck now with the adaptions + 1 Evolving Abomination and if I see it runs better i will edit the deck in the first post and make the changes complete.
    A very big thanks, you helped me out a lot!
    /e: Tested and the new deck works wonders
    Last edited by xThundurusx; 05-08-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Crystal shards is horrible in that deck that's all I'm going to say lol.
    Also here's my build went as far as a 9 game win streak with it hope it helps.

1 Aramia

Allies 18

4 Bridget Skullborn
    4 Aetherborn Wisp
    4 Evolving Abomination
    4 Buccaneer
    2 Fortified Wisp

4 Retreat
    4 Glimmer of Hope
    3 Abomination Factory
    2 Tome of Knowledge
    2 Spicer's Crown
    3 Dagger of Fate
    2 A legend rises
    2 Undying Bond

Have fun

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sam8899 View Post
    Crystal shards is horrible in that deck that's all I'm going to say lol.
    Also here's my build went as far as a 9 game win streak with it hope it helps.

1 Aramia

Allies 18

4 Bridget Skullborn
    4 Aetherborn Wisp
    4 Evolving Abomination
    4 Buccaneer
    2 Fortified Wisp

4 Retreat
    4 Glimmer of Hope
    3 Abomination Factory
    2 Tome of Knowledge
    2 Spicer's Crown
    3 Dagger of Fate
    2 A legend rises
    2 Undying Bond

Have fun
    I would really like to build an Aramia deck for my first SF hero and if you went on a 9 win streak then wow, i'll definitely try your build out
    As soon as I can grind more gold!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    here is my combo version with bucaneers...

http://deck.shadowera.net/fates/show...1b15e1a1d1c155