Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Abomination Factory + Gravebone NERF

Is Gravebone's ability to interface with the Abomination Factory just a bit too powerful?

I got slaughtered playing against a deck like this. Granted, I'm not a high ranked player (and probably never will be), but the ability to drop a Dakrath (or other fatty) so quickly is a bit insane. Obviously, there are some things that you can do to counter this, like a Retreat or Wizent's Prayer, or an assassination (though that's just buying time because Dakrath can come back...again) but I'm wondering if a slight tweak to Abomination Factory might even this issue out.

What if the card's power was:

1D: Target ally in your hand is exiled. Target Homunculus ally gains +1 base attack and +2 health.

This might maintain the spirit of the card, which is sacrificing unplayed allies to buff a current ally, but limits Gravebone's ability get around resource costs on big, game-changing allies. Adding +2 health instead of +1 might help compensate for the finality of the exile (though you can bet that players would be exiling smaller allies if this change was made).

Thoughts?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That would kill Wisp and Buccanner combo, . Maybe adding a limit on the discarded ally cost could help?
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    That would kill Wisp and Buccanner combo, . Maybe adding a limit on the discarded ally cost could help?
    Yes, then his only way to get dakrath that early would be with a lucky harbinger
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    Yes, then his only way to get dakrath that early would be with a lucky harbinger
    Or an unlucky one, .

Edit: Got pwned because of my HotL during the last season...
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haven't seen the Wisp and Buccanner combo in play yet, so I hadn't thought of that one. Still, it's hard to look at the Abomination Factory / Dakrath combo and not think it's way too overpowered.

Maybe something more like this:

1D: Target ally in your hand with cost of 3 or less is discarded. Target Homunculus ally gains +1 base attack and +1 health

OR (and this is VERY different):

X: Target ally in your hand with cost of X is discarded. Target Homunculus ally gains +X base attack until the end of your turn. Abomination Factory is destroyed and 1 of your resources is restored.

The above is almost like hasting an attack, sacrificing an ally so that you can deal the equal amount of damage, without having to wait for that ally to be ready the next turn. Would still work great with Gravebone, but would fit better into the pacing of the game, since you could not use it to bring out an ally unless you had enough resources to actually summon that ally in the first place.

I prefer the first one as a change, but the second one is an interesting concept.

Or maybe I'm totally off base

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually that change would destroy the true purpose of Abom Factory, it's potential as a combo card.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Actually that change would destroy the true purpose of Abom Factory, it's potential as a combo card.
    ^this...besides, gravebone can still get dakrath in his graveyard from his hand using cultist on T4.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would you like some cheese with that whine? Abomination Factory is fine as is.
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejet24 View Post
    Would you like some cheese with that whine? Abomination Factory is fine as is.
    Absolutely. Make it Brie.

But seriously, sorry if it came off as whining. Was just trying to get people's opinions on the combo. Like I said, I'm not a great player so I get my butt handed to me on a fairly regular basis. That particular combo just caught me a bit off guard.

If the community thinks its fair, I'll just have to prepare for it. Or just accept that GB will continually murder me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    +1

You're kind of supposed to use it with stuff you want to discard (Buccaneer, Brimstone, fatties etc).

The thing you have to remember before you complain that something is OP is that everything is OP. Aetherborn Wisp is broken, Zaladar is broken, Gravebone is broken, Victor is broken. Most of the heroes are getting a big push this set, and when everything is OP, nothing is.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs