Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword Thief

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Grover View Post
    This statement is not entirely true. I know in my Garth Deck I use both Seductress and Sword Thief, so by giving Rogue and Rogue only access to a very similar ally seems too strong. Yes Sword Thief is more squishy than Seductress now and each has their benefits, so making them too similar would be wrong too.

Maybe Sword Thief could be stealth until beginning of next turn, that way he could still be targeted by direct damage, but that could help him stick around for a turn. But then again that might be too strong too...
    How so? I agree that making Sword Thief 2/4 will make him better than seductress, but he/she is only available to rogue so it wont wipe seductress out completely. Also, Thief doesnt disable them so they can still use abilities(bladedance, jasmine, DMT, PB). Its not like Yari Bladedancer or Skilled IronMonger which are no doubt better than Puwen.

Also, Thiefs problem is direct damage, not so much battle damage. Stealth might help a little but it wont get rid of his problem eith zal, bb, dmt, etc.
    Last edited by Slaggathor; 05-06-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that having a weak version of Seductress as a class ally is not that great and 2/4 seem reasonable stats. But on the other side they would make him another FTA monster, and since this expansion is all about FTA I don't know if we should try to leave him as it is now.
    I'm on the fence so I can only say "It's beta, people don't like him now, buff him and see if he becomes OP".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    I agree that having a weak version of Seductress as a class ally is not that great and 2/4 seem reasonable stats. But on the other side they would make him another FTA monster, and since this expansion is all about FTA I don't know if we should try to leave him as it is now.
    I'm on the fence so I can only say "It's beta, people don't like him now, buff him and see if he becomes OP".
    ^this...they obviously have taken this approach with AW (which should have been nerfed a long time ago), while other cards that are very good get nerfed ahead of it...but they haven't proven to be OP (just good)...some of these nerfs unfortunately make many of the SF cards that excited people just another boring card.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    Exactly! Ive said this before in a different thread. Im really disappointed that there have only been three balance changes in the entirety of this expansion. I was hoping for a change at least every two weeks. If a change is deemed too strong just change it back and try again

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaggathor View Post
    Exactly! Ive said this before in a different thread. Im really disappointed that there have only been three balance changes in the entirety of this expansion. I was hoping for a change at least every two weeks. If a change is deemed too strong just change it back and try again
    We had about 30 iterations before it hit live server. Probably 200 changes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    We had about 30 iterations before it hit live server. Probably 200 changes.
    Yep...can't forget that the PFG put in a lot of time and many changes were made before the rest of us even saw the SF set...so it's not a big surprise that there aren't a lot of changes (I am surprised that AW hasn't been changed though...and even more surprised that we don't have all the artwork yet)
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    Yep...can't forget that the PFG put in a lot of time and many changes were made before the rest of us even saw the SF set...so it's not a big surprise that there aren't a lot of changes (I am surprised that AW hasn't been changed though...and even more surprised that we don't have all the artwork yet)
    I'd be interested to see a tag cloud of all your posts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Another comparison is to Mugged! 3cc: disable for a turn and draw a card. Sword Thief seems on a par with this (no attack/defend and an ally out). He's very good with Vozetian and/or Road Less Traveled.

4hp would make him (her?) very good rather than just "at the right level"
    But you're forgetting the fact that Mugged! is a bad card. Also you can't really use those cute combos with Vozitian Orders and Road Less Traveled to argue that Sword Thief is good; rogues need a decent stand-alone ally, not an ally who is good when used in conjunction with 1-2 other cards.

@ Pandevmonium: I disagree with the FTA comment. You're right in that a buff to Sword Thief would obviously make Rogues stronger going first, but more importantly it would also make them a lot stronger going second. At the moment, Rogues have a very hard time taking board control going second (especially against heroes with access to direct damage). Sword Thief to 2/4 would give a Rogue a chance to start taking out his opponent's weenies before he takes too much damage. As it stands, Sword Thief is incapable of this and is barely viable as a T3 drop; he's much better late game.

I agree with the people saying that we're still in the beta, and we have nothing to lose by changing him. If Rogues suddenly dominate everything, we can change him back.
    Last edited by Twio; 05-06-2014 at 10:28 PM.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't get me wrong I agree with helping him out, but isn't the main threat dd which can easily take him out at 4 HP as well...sounds good but not sure it would help with going 2nd too much
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbow View Post
    Don't get me wrong I agree with helping him out, but isn't the main threat dd which can easily take him out at 4 HP as well...sounds good but not sure it would help with going 2nd too much
    DD will always be a way to get rid of allies, not much we can do about that. Difference would be that instead of just solving the problem with a Lightning Strike, mages will usually have to Fireball or combo different sources of damage to kill him. Zal will have to use his ability plus attack with something. Thief doesn't need to be invincible, just not hopelessly squishy like he is now.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs