Close

View Poll Results: Change combat mechanics?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea

2 3.33%
  • Bad Idea

52 86.67%
  • Maybe

6 10.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyell125 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if this was a troll post to make a point about that AWFUL Hearthstone 3D Battlefield Kyle suggested?
    Lol
    Sadly it wasn't a troll post. The purpose of the post is to engage forum goers into a discussion and hopefully thinking how to reduce FTA. I really thought it was better to do simultaneous damage. But more I read you guys suggestions and thoughts, it might not be the case. But more cards in future will be necessary to hopefully eliminate FTA

I do like the defender and ambush suggestions in order to diminish the gap between first turn player and second turn player.
    In my decks, I play allies with high survivability because if u can't kill them I'll just come next turn and make you pay for it. My playstyle is focused on control because in SE control wins a lot. Specifically because very few allies have haste.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    Lol
    Sadly it wasn't a troll post. The purpose of the post is to engage forum goers into a discussion and hopefully thinking how to reduce FTA. I really thought it was better to do simultaneous damage. But more I read you guys suggestions and thoughts, it might not be the case. But more cards in future will be necessary to hopefully eliminate FTA

I do like the defender and ambush suggestions in order to diminish the gap between first turn player and second turn player.
    In my decks, I play allies with high survivability because if u can't kill them I'll just come next turn and make you pay for it. My playstyle is focused on control because in SE control wins a lot. Specifically because very few allies have haste.
    Ah, my bad Joey. Well on the upshot, if you wanted to spark discussion, you certainly succeeded in that!

W
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Horrifying idea

As an aside I hate Hearthstone, it's just dumb. Sure it's visually appealing and quick, but it lacks a lot in the way of strategy being that you only get 2 copies of a given card and 30 cards total. After playing this game for so long I cause great harm to my opponents in Hearthstone and it's just boring. It feels like a game geared more towards children or those with severe ADHD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by highmystica View Post
    Horrifying idea

As an aside I hate Hearthstone, it's just dumb. Sure it's visually appealing and quick, but it lacks a lot in the way of strategy being that you only get 2 copies of a given card and 30 cards total. After playing this game for so long I cause great harm to my opponents in Hearthstone and it's just boring. It feels like a game geared more towards children or those with severe ADHD.
    +1
    Member of the EX

"The Exiled Ones- Honor is overrated."

Played monster hunter freedom unite and mh tri.
    mhfu: Hr 9 and Ukanlos down.
    mhtri: Hr 99; yeah kind of funny xD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Weren't you a fan of the 3D hs look a like Bored as well? I've seen you around. You're a respected player and have contributed in the forums but remember this is se not hs. Come play se when you want go play his hs when you want. Turn up

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No thanks.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by deathintheflesh View Post
    Weren't you a fan of the 3D hs look a like Bored as well? I've seen you around. You're a respected player and have contributed in the forums but remember this is se not hs. Come play se when you want go play his hs when you want. Turn up
    Not a fan of the 3d board but I am fan of ideas to just cut down the FTA gap as much as possible.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    Not a fan of the 3d board but I am fan of ideas to just cut down the FTA gap as much as possible.
    I think most of us are on that boat. I think it has somewhat decreased but I'm not a top tier300 rated player either been there twice. Its a tough world. But I think I have a solution.

F-you FTA
    Cc1
    Ability
    Card text:
    You can have up to 39 copies
    Of F-you FTA in your deck. If you
    If you did not have FTA this game
    When you summon F-you FTA you
    Win the game
    Nothing to fear but fear itself
    IGN: SpaceGhost

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Simultaneous damage helps answer the problem that is First Turn Advantage.

That being said, I don't think this change should happen. I play Shadow Era because it's not MTG. :P

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) 3rd Place Maximont's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think new allies can have passive effects so that they effectively deal simultaneous damage.

Sindarok Apprentice would be one example. No harm in seeing more cards like that.
    Maximont - Seeker of Truth
    Knight of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn