Close

View Poll Results: Change combat mechanics?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea

2 3.33%
  • Bad Idea

52 86.67%
  • Maybe

6 10.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No thanks.

One the other hand though, I do see your point that in a world where all allies are 3/4 the first turn advantage is quite big if someone goes Puwen -> Jasmine -> Aldon.

A way to help this is to generally give allies more health than attack, which we've already been getting through 2/5 alles. The current 2/5 allies are quite boring and often don't do much for the board though (in terms of abilities).

Generally, in my honest opinion, more allies need to be 2/4 instead of 3/3, which is just only useable with an onsummon ability.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    No thanks.

One the other hand though, I do see your point that in a world where all allies are 3/4 the first turn advantage is quite big if someone goes Puwen -> Jasmine -> Aldon.

A way to help this is to generally give allies more health than attack, which we've already been getting through 2/5 alles. The current 2/5 allies are quite boring and often don't do much for the board though (in terms of abilities).

Generally, in my honest opinion, more allies need to be 2/4 instead of 3/3, which is just only useable with an onsummon ability.
    That's a general problem with the game.

Too many decks are too board control focused to make the combat fun. I mean, most of it is the fact that most allies are quite boring to work with.

Also, I would say that the current list of allies doesn't really represent the term "ally" that well. To me it seems like the ally gameplay is more the two heroes drafting people to a Hunger Games -like deathmatch where the allies fight for their own survival (and the heroes' amusement, if you can call it amusing) instead of fighting with the heroes against the other guy.

Doesn't quite make it feel like a war is happening. At best it feels like a post-party backyard brawl.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Adding more defenders and more ambush to the game would spice things up a bit. Defender especially has been neglected.
    There's a ton of potentially interesting design space with the defender mechanic.

Just imagine something like a 2/4 defender that had "This has +2 attack during an opponent's turn." Useful to do a little damage on your turn, but a pain for the opponent to destroy via combat on their turn.

Or something like a 1/5 defender that had "When this defends on an opponent's turn, it heals 2 damage". Again, not a big threat, but potentially annoying for your opponent to destroy it.

I'm really disappointed that there are no cards in SF that feature the defender mechanic.
    Last edited by QuantumNinja; 05-05-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed.

Defender and Ambush both can be useful.

Imagine something like 3cc ally: 2/5 with Ambush.

Not high enough attack to destroy anything on its own, but it can damage a lot of things.

Would probably be too strong, but you get the idea.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the combat the way it is for SE, as card sets are designed this way and like others said it would be too difficult to change now anyway.

If I want to play with simultaneous damage, I'll play hearthstone

I also totally agree, more Ambush and Defender mechanics should be added.
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    People were saying the same thing THREE YEARS AGO when I started the game. Maybe someone can dig up the old threads.

p.s. I hope you are trolling.
    Back then it made more sense. The card pool is big enough now where FTA is not as great. And I have no stats to back that up
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree with Preybird, he basically summed up on page 1 why this can never happen
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think this is a good point PB, but the game is design this way.. cards are also designed to match the principles.. all cards are match based on the mechanics of the game and if in an instant, the mechanics of the me is changed, then most cards will be render useless.. its better to create a new game with the mechanics you are suggesting so all cards will be based on that mechanics.. this would be impossible in my opinion but thanks for bringing this up, it opens a new ideas on how cards will be created in the future to give balance to the FTA.. this is just my opinion...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i would say you're entitled to your opinion. however, your opinion sucks. if you want Hearthstone mechanics, then play Hearthstone. messing with a very basic mechanic like this will unbalance the entire game.

so just because one player would like HS-like mechanics, we should destroy the entire game! wonderful.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm starting to wonder if this was a troll post to make a point about that AWFUL Hearthstone 3D Battlefield Kyle suggested?
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn