Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Threbin's Throbbin' Rod [of Smiting]

Hello fellow priests Posting my idea for a Threbin deck to get some opinions on it:

39 cards + Hero

4x Zealous Mystic - Early rush + late utility
    2x Guardian of Unaxio - Some damage mitigation that's hard to remove on T3
    2x Avenger of the Fallen - Early rush, late biggie
    4x Zailen Crusader - Helps push out enchantments
    2x Justicar Alysia - Arcane boost that allows Threbin to hit for 7 with Rod + his ability
    2x Lily Rosecult - Weapon utility on a decent body
    3x Zail's Hymn - Helpful early and against things you don't want to kill (i.e. Shadow Knight)
    4x Srength of Conviction - Single best damage boost in the game (for Templars at least)
    3x Focused Prayer - Tech
    3x Tidal Wave - What priest doesn't run at least 2 of these?
    2x Glass Chalice of Knowing - Supplementary card draw that helps dig for immediate answers
    4x Scriptures of the Righteous - Primary card draw, can be used in succession after one is destroyed
    4x Rod of Smiting - Single best weapon Threbin can use

The idea is to patch up Threbin's weak early game with Zealous Mystic and Strength of Conviction. Later in the game the Mystics become great tools against enemy attachments like Crippling Blow or Captured Prey, with Conviction becoming that ever important boost Templars desperately need. Also, chaining Mystics with a single Conviction on board is the funnest thing
    Chalice makes great use of Threbin's SE that usually just builds up doing a whole lot of nothing the first five turns (BIG shout out to BP LeviosaBlade for recommending it!). The deck really doesn't work without it and it offers more one-sided draw as opposed to Bad Santa.

I don't use this deck anymore but it's there for people who want to try a Templar Rush deck. You can probably throw in a Forgiveness in there for good measure.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Ganjamus; 07-17-2014 at 06:01 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Challise is such a waste of SE in Threbin deck. You want that SE to pile up for later consecutive uses. Add tainted oracle or Elizabeth instead.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've tried TO but it's far too slow. Chalice does use up a lot of SE though...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    I've tried TO but it's far too slow. Chalice does use up a lot of SE though...
    Wizent's Staff bro. Acts as a draw engine and a weapon. 4 weapons is definely not enough for a weapon based Hero. Would throw in 3 of them. 7 weapons is more than enough.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What is about mandelains scepter. It deals more damage to an ally and you can snipe pesky stealth allies or weenies with it (basicly you can kill two allies with it )
    I like it as a 2 or 3 off in my deck.
    Member of the EX

"The Exiled Ones- Honor is overrated."

Played monster hunter freedom unite and mh tri.
    mhfu: Hr 9 and Ukanlos down.
    mhtri: Hr 99; yeah kind of funny xD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do find Zealous Mystic a better turn 2 choice than Champion or Irum? Why not run 2/2 Zealous Mystic Champion of Irum?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @KaosDark
    I'm considering it.

@mugalif
    I'm still experimenting and right now I'm running three of those. I agree they're useful but not extraordinary.

@DNAIx
    Zealous Mystic isn't a good 2cc ally without Strength of Conviction. I would much rather not run Mystic at all if I'm not running 4 with 4 Convictions. I don't really want to run Irum either if I'm running Avenger of the Fallen. That and its lack of arcane damage kinda hampers Scripture draw + Rod of Smiting damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Threbin especially can use scriptures of the righteous more than any other priest. Just keep playing off of the templar synergies and you'll have no shortage of opportunities to use it. Forget lizzy (though I've always loved her) forget tainted oracle, forget wizent's staff. I've played threbin almost exclusively in the 300's for a while now and in all my testing scriptures of the righteous is the way to go. I usually also don't run mystic as there's no arcane. I know that with devoted knight avenger of the fallen isn't as good, but as a late game drop nothing beats a 2cc 4 attack 4 health ally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by planarbox View Post
    Threbin especially can use scriptures of the righteous more than any other priest. Just keep playing off of the templar synergies and you'll have no shortage of opportunities to use it. Forget lizzy (though I've always loved her) forget tainted oracle, forget wizent's staff. I've played threbin almost exclusively in the 300's for a while now and in all my testing scriptures of the righteous is the way to go. I usually also don't run mystic as there's no arcane. I know that with devoted knight avenger of the fallen isn't as good, but as a late game drop nothing beats a 2cc 4 attack 4 health ally.
    I don't use this deck anymore, I've changed it to better suit my playstyle. Currently in the 290 rating and all I've been playing for 2 seasons now is Threbin. I run 4 Scriptures and 2 Elizas but I feel like she can be substituted. Not sure what for, though.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love the name of this deck.