Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

BloodFang Competetive deck

So heres a deck that I'm trying to perfect. So far I havebt lost any games. I've only played about 6-7 games though and I almost got my butt kicked by a Rothem King of Layar so any advice would be great.

Hero
    Blood fang x1

Allies x20

Wulven Predator x2
    Bad Wolf x2
    Pack wolf x4
    Lightning Wolf x2
    Howlfang x2
    Dread wolf x4
    Griptooth x2
    Soothjawx2

Abilities/Attachments
    x21

Captured Prey x4
    Now You're Mine x2
    Pack Alpha x2
    Bazaar x2
    Blood Moon x2
    Death From Above x3
    Wulven Rally x2
    Shadow Font x2
    Bloodthirsty x2

Items x4

Howlfang's Breastplate x2
    Wrath of the Forest x2

I know I have 46 cards but I have a pretty good card draw mechanic. Especially when I have Soothjaw and Wrath of the Forest out, I can sacrifice an ally and draw two cards just from him dying. Plus he's milled back In the deck. So heres my basic strategy so far...

Early game I like to get my bad wolfs and pack wolfs out. I can usually hold of (control) the enemy's early game with my nym death fa and captured prey. Around turn 5 I play my howlfang (None of my cards cost more that 5 so i never even go past that. I just wait for my shadow energy or play a shadow font to get howlfangout. one time I got howlfang and a dread wolf out turn 3. Baddd Asss.) If I already have Bazaar or bloodmoon out I plaw my breastplate over wotf. ANd I usually win around turn 7-8. Not too bad but like I said Rothem gave me a good challenge. I think We made it to turn 16 before I destroyed his last Armor (dont rmember the name but its the one that gains durability every turn and loses five health when destroyed. that was what killed him). So if anyone has any tips or suggestions Id like to know! Thanks!!

(ps. i know i have no item destruction but I usually have enough allies out to not worry about it. Most weapons and armors cant be played till turn 4 anyways and by then I have soothjaw out so I just throw low cc allies at them to get rid of that.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 soothjaw
    +2 riphide
    +2blood moon
    -2lightining wolf
    -2bloodthirsty (draw with other and better cards)
    -3death from above
    +1 now u r mine
    -4drad wolf
    +3 (wolf which shows enemy hand)

Try this than let me know, cause ur version cant get board control once u lost it
    TJ 666eroi

ING: TJeroi666

TS Name: TJeroi666

- Champion 32-man version 1.3 Weekend Tournament

test server: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/testchat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Simple question: Why Howlfang?

The whole combo seems not to be bound to Howlfang himself. Even though I see your idea to (re)take the board with summon-strike and a fatty, but this can be it.

His 5 SE ability is so underwhelming... An allied MS grants you so much more protection and helps your wolves to survive.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well see I bank alot on my card draw and my cards that boost other cards. for example when i have two pack wolfs out and my breastplate they start to become a problem. howlfangs plus 1 att mixed with my blood thirsty and dread wolfs makes for pretty decent and powerful low cc cards... and i am making some changes. i added key lime nexus and took out wotf but im going to try ^^^ 666eroi recomendation. because it is hard to gain back control when i lose it.

and i think you meant why bloodfang. i like him plus howlfang. i can usually bring out 3-4 creatures turn five and then turn 6 i use pack alpha or bt to kill.
    Last edited by Santoboy; 05-04-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the merchant is out of riphide but i did everything else. ill check back in a little and let you know. so far i havent kept trck of all of my games but ive only lost two games! im at a 200 rating which ive never done before with my own deck idea. i always copy other peoples decks and then tweak them. lol im a little proud of myself. im such a noob!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't knock the power of Bloodthirsty in the hands of Bloodfang, Moonstalker or Elementalis. I have three copies in both of my Bloodfang and Moonstalker decks and 3 in one of my Elementalis decks. Yeah, I bought extra slots for the more unique heroes (wulven, elementals, priests and rogues).

You should look into Bloodfang Shaman, he's much better than Wulven Rally if you have enough of them in your deck. Your deck obviously needs a little polish and love to get it down to 40-41 cards, but at this point whose deck doesn't?

Bazaar has to go (it *can* work for MS but it's too dangerous in Bloodfang), I'd swap them for either Bad Santa or Sacrificial Lamb. Bad Santa has an advantage over Bazaar in that it can't be destroyed and you have a chance of being able to play something the turn you drop it. It still is a little more risky in Bloodfang than MS, but you can time them to minimize the advantage you give your opponent. Sacrificial Lamb is more pricey (4cc) so you'll probably have to wait a turn to drop what you draw. You should run a minimum of three Blood Moons.

Thinking in terms of a smaller deck you should drop two of your armors for two Jeweler's Dream. Which two is a little tricky. I like them both a lot but it's starting to feel like Wrath of the Forest works better in a Bloodfang deck and Howlfang's Breastplate works better in a Moonstalker deck. Wrath of the Forest also works nicely in conjunction with Sacrificial Lamb (especially with a jeweler's dream out).

Retaking the board as either Bloodfang and Moonstalker are about the same in effectiveness, Bloodfang is quicker, but a little more precarious since he can't hide in a den taking care of babies like his sister can. You can use your ability to drop Howlfang + a string of Bloodfang Shamans and finishing with a Dread Wolf using of course Jeweler's Dream to amplify the effectiveness.

Not sure about the suggestions though in regard to the Wulven Scout (shows opponents hand) or Riphide. There are more utilitarian 3cc allies you can use, who cares what the other person is holding? And Riphide being so expensive you'd have to give up on some Howlfangs or Griptooths (Gripteeth?) to make room for it, and you need both as Bloodfang. Riphide works better even in a Darkclaw deck than it would here.

Maybe make it so you have 3 Now You're Mine, 2 Captured Prey and 2 Death From Above to get closer to that 40-41 deck size and then adjust the numbers of them to be most effective for you.

Also I like Tiger Wulf for item destruction over Ley Line Nexus (though I wouldn't mind finding this Key Lime Nexus you speak of), and Griptooth helps keep him safe for that extra turn, still I realize that some people don't like that kind of risk and want to be sure they can take out that evil Snow Sapphire, Anklebreaker or other equally annoying thing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoboy View Post
    the merchant is out of riphide but i did everything else. ill check back in a little and let you know. so far i havent kept trck of all of my games but ive only lost two games! im at a 200 rating which ive never done before with my own deck idea. i always copy other peoples decks and then tweak them. lol im a little proud of myself. im such a noob!
    Good to hear that! Ps Riphide is to gain board controll when u lose it
    TJ 666eroi

ING: TJeroi666

TS Name: TJeroi666

- Champion 32-man version 1.3 Weekend Tournament

test server: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/testchat/