Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Lance Deck

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My Lance Deck

Hey guys. First forum post for me. [EDIT: Apparently not my first post -- forgot I posted on here back in 2011] I started playing SE a few years ago, then played sporadically for a few years. I've recently decided to try to play a bit more often and I'm tinkering with my Lance deck:

Hero - Lance (obviously)

Allies

3x Jasmine - to help with board control
    3x Dirk - quick to get out, helps deal with weenies
    3x Kristoffer - fast damage early / sacrafice fodder turns 3/4 and on
    2x Aldon - buffage
    1 Earthen Protector - buffage and protection
    2x Aeon - buffage and protection
    2x Night Owl - decent stats, helps with card drawing
    2x Agent Rex - stealing artifacts (not sure about this one)

Abilities

3x Assassination - more board control
    2x Stop Thief - mostly to destroy opposing weapons / armour - including What Big Teeth
    2x Lay Low - buy time
    2x Rain Delay - buy time
    1x Sever Ties - to deal with certain pesky attachments
    2x Road Less travelled - board control, plus card drawing
    2x Sorcerous Poison - for my throwing knives (see below)

Artifacts

1 Bazar - For more cards
    1 Ill Gotten Gains - Also for more cards

Weapons

3x Throwing Knife

Thoughts?
    Last edited by echoenduring; 05-02-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My opinion in 3 words: "Where is Raven???"

Shes pretty much mandatory/auto include in every Lance deck. This implies SF, too. Her passive has a great synergy with Lances' ability and is priceless to (re) claim the board!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I had Raven (x2) in this deck, but found I either wasn't getting her out or she was getting destroyed fast. I suppose that's just bad strategy on my part (I'm really not very good at this game). If I read your thinking right, you suggest I drop her on the board, buff her with Lance's ability for an immediate hit and giving her reasonable protection through to my next turn?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With SF cards being available in the merchant I suggest getting irina, sword thief. I would also recommend removing dirk to add in more NO and having 4x IGG is a must in a rogue deck. You also want to replace throwing knife with ankle breaker. Just some suggestions for staters, and yes just as Bismarck said Raven is a must. Plus you have so much options with the human and rogue pool. Also welcome back to SE and the forums.
    A1 LudWig72

Master of WigFu and a Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten

Visit our recruitment thread: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....uitment-thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play Raven at least 3 times. The situation you described is pretty much a good example for Ravens strength. She's a dangerous drop like a Plasma Behemoth and she draws attention by your opponent. So he/she has to deal with her. Except if you face a solo Darkclaw or something. You Opponent has to use cards and resources to stall or shut her down. Mostly you ll see her getting a CB/CP, a Perfect Shot or anything else. She stops Worms or pumped up Alies so beautfully and causes Mages serious headaches, because surviving a Supernova. You see, I like her pretty much! :-)

Concerning the rest of your deck I suggest playing Anklebreaker over Knives. I see you idea to posion your enemy. But AB grants you great board control and deals with annonying allies if you lost the board. Poison turns a game into a nice deathrace, but it's too slow to be a threat if your opponent rushes you down.

A pretty nice new card is Sword Thief, you might consider this one to stall a bit, to get to midgame, where Lance starts to shine. With all these cards you got a solid board control/presence. Versus solo heroes 4x Stop Thief is a must i.m.O.!

You might also might find these "standard rogue cards" useful:
    - Black Garb
    - Spelleater Bands (vs. Mages, which is the hardest matchup for Rogues

Best regards!
    Last edited by Bismarck; 05-02-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    LudWig72, thanks for the suggestions on irina and Sword Thief. Hadn't seen those cards before. I have a very limited amount of gold at the moment, so I can only pick up a few cards. I'll probably go for a couple ankle breakers to start.

I've taken Dirk out of my decks, but he always seems to make his way back. His low cost just makes him so appealing. I can get him out second turn if I draw him, and his Stealth is not dependant on the board like Night Owl is. When Aldon is out, I can usually use Dirk to mow down smaller creatures, then use someone without stealth to finish them off. Just kind of depends on the board and how the game is unfolding.

That's my rationale anyhow

Bismark, I don't own any ankle breakers, so I'll have to change that. The other thing I've always liked about throwing knives is that they have ambush. I can pick away at opposing allies without getting hit myself. Is there an ability card that will grant a rogue hero ambush? Or does the AB disable prevent the ally from defending? (Somehow I doubt it).

I have one Black Garb, which I've added to my deck.

Thanks!

Matt

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    AB has somewhat like ambush vs. allies, yes!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Then I will have to pick up a few of those and run some test games vs the AI. Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why no Nightshade, or Champion of Irum? Lance needs a t2 ally as I have come to learn from others. Raven 4x always in Lance. As well as AB and IGG. Sword thief and if you can snag them, Eris, and Nathanias are money in Lance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I suppose I could use Nightshade instead of Dirk. Basically trade 1 point of damage for the added Stealth attribute. Not a bad trade off, and I have buff cards to make them bigger.

Nathanias seems pretty powerful for a late game strategy. Anyone tried using him/her (no photo to tell, but the name seems masculine to me) with Battle Plans? Could be used to ensure that his ability is not wasted (though obviously not in a Rogue deck).

I played 1 game with this deck, adding in 2x Raven and my 1 Black Garb. It was against a Serena deck and got a horrible draw, filled mostly with high cost cards. I was hand cuffed for a couple turns but I still managed to win fairly decisively, even though I made a couple mistakes, such as failing to read Road Less Travelled properly—I didn't realize that the ally's OWNER drew 2 cards. #facepalm

Still, the deck seemed to work pretty well and I managed to drop Raven, speed her up with Lance's ability and deal the final blow. Still some tweaking to do I think, but it's getting there.