Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Lance Deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's not up to date, but most of the (old-pre-SF) key cards are explained. A pretty solid deck at the end. SF brings some new options and kicks out others, but it should be helpful to see what is viable and what is just a waste of gold.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-Shadowstalker

Guess there ain't many big changes in their value, like IGG, Anklebreaker or Stop Thief...
    Last edited by Bismarck; 05-03-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay so I've updated this deck quite significantly, based on the feedback you guys gave me. I also just found the deck builder over at http://deck.shadowera.net/fates/dbuilder.php which is a pretty awesome tool for conceptualizing a deck, even if you don't have all the cards yet!

So here's my revised deck:

***HERO***
    Lance Shadowstalker

***Allies (25)***
    3x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Kristoffer Wyld
    3x Raven Wildheart
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Armored Sandworm
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    2x Nightshade
    2x Champion of Irum
    2x Night Owl
    3x Eleanor, Princess of Ellos

***Abilities (10)***
    2x Assassination
    2x Stop, Thief!
    1x Sever Ties
    2x Smoke Screen
    3x Road Less Traveled

***Items (3)***
    3x Ill-Gotten Gains

***Armors (2)***
    2x Black Garb

***Weapons (4)***
    4x Anklebreaker

TOTAL: 44 cards + Hero

I've fared reasonably well with this deck, though I feel it still has some weaknesses. I got beat pretty bad by Gravebone with his ability to work that really nasty combo with Abomination Factory. I'm still trying to work out a way to deal with a turn 4 Dakrath. Maybe a couple Radiant Sunlight cards to help cut off GB's shadow energy? That card could be useful against other decks too, or used to sac.

I will probably continue to tinker a bit, but I need to play this deck out a bit more I think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Probably the most efficient way to deal with dakrath would be to assassinate him and or to haste a raven onto him

Your deck is looking a lot healthier than it was to begin with - so good work!

In regards to you tinkering further with this deck, I would consider Skilled Ironmonger as a 2CC ally option. He can work well with the Anklebreaker and Black Garb already in your deck

Good luck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    Your deck is looking a lot healthier than it was to begin with - so good work!
    Thanks! I'm thinking of making a couple additional substitutions:

Trading Jasmine for Sword Thief - faster control, though control is limited to 1 turn; lower stats too, so I'm not sure here
    Trading Night Owl for Skilled Ironmonger
    Trading my 1 Sever Ties for 2 Radiant Lights - to help stall opponent shadow ability for 2 turns (unless they're gaining SE somehow)
    Trading my 2 Smoke Screens for Silent Strike - seems to match Lance's style nicely, plus nets me another card for low cost

Also +1ed my Assassinate and Stop, Thief! cards to help draw them more often.

You can see the deck here: http://deck.shadowera.net/fates/show...2zb25a35c25c45

Listing would now be:

***HERO***
    Lance Shadowstalker

***Allies (26)***
    3x Kristoffer Wyld
    3x Raven Wildheart
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Armored Sandworm
    3x Aeon Stormcaller
    2x Nightshade
    2x Champion of Irum
    3x Eleanor, Princess of Ellos
    2x Skilled Ironmonger
    3x Sword Thief

***Abilities (12)***
    3x Assassination
    3x Stop, Thief!
    2x Radiant Sunlight
    2x Silent Strike
    2x Road Less Traveled

***Items (3)***
    3x Ill-Gotten Gains

***Armors (2)***
    2x Black Garb

***Weapons (4)***
    4x Anklebreaker

TOTAL: 47 cards + Hero

Only issue I have is that my card count is starting to get too high. I like to play at between 40 and 45 + hero, but I'm not sure what to cut. Maybe Champion of Irum?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're not gonna get over Mages without Spelleater Band.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too much allies, -2 Armored Sandworm, -3 Eleamor, -2 Radiant Sunlight= 40cards.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowray View Post
    You're not gonna get over Mages without Spelleater Band.
    yes you will. i don't run bands and i do just fine.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    yes you will. i don't run bands and i do just fine.
    Humm... not sure. Eventually you climb QM ladder and start facing proficient Mages and then you realize you can't beat them consistently. At least, that's my experience. So x2 Spelleater Bands are mandatory at a certain rating.
    Actually, Spelleater Bands improve the Zaladar matchup (which is the really God tier right now), so SEB?? yes please sign me in!

@ OP
    I agree with Kentuequi recommendations.
    Eleanor doesn't belong for this mid-range kind of decks. Champion of Irum powered by Raven fills that slot way better.
    Radiant Sunlight and Silent Strike just don't make the cut for me but hey! testing doesn't hurt. Share results please

Good luck! and thanks for sharing. We're all trying to fit the brave new SF cards into broken decks! Keep working

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still working on the deck. I haven't had a ton of opportunity to play, but my past PvP games didn't go so well. The first one was because I had an old stock Boris deck active. haha. I turned it on so that I could see my exact inventory of SF cards, including the ones in my Lance Deck, then forgot to turn it on. Got burned pretty bad by a Zhanna deck.

The next match was against a massive (84 card!) Ealdwen, who destoryed me pretty good. Got a decent amount of damage against the hero to start, but I just wasn't able to control the board enough in that game, as I recall. Also underestimated her Evolving Abomination.

I've since added 2 more SEB into the deck and removed Radiant Sunlight and Eleanor I've also swapped out Silent Strike for Backstab, which gives a better bonus for attack and nets me a card. Maybe a couple other small adjustments.

Hope to play more games over the next few days. My IGN is @echoenduring (also my Twitter handle) if you want to watch. Or if you want to arrange a game against me deck, I'd be up for that too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks like I still need help, either with the deck or with strategies for playing the deck. I'm currently sitting at a rank of 122, and I'm being beaten fairly regularly now. Got schooled by Ealdwen (again), and I'm not sure that Spelleater Bands would have helped at all in the last game, as she basically used her ability to clear the board and then just beat me to death with her own allies. 1 Priest of the Light totally disrupts me and prevents me from using Lance's ability for 1 turn.

My current deck is:

***HERO***
    Lance Shadowstalker

***Allies (23)***
    3x Jasmine Rosecult
    2x Kristoffer Wyld
    3x Raven Wildheart
    4x Aldon the Brave
    4x Aeon Stormcaller
    2x Nightshade
    2x Champion of Irum
    3x Sword Thief

***Abilities (14)***
    3x Assassination
    4x Stop, Thief!
    2x Sever Ties
    3x Backstab
    2x Road Less Traveled

***Items (4)***
    4x Ill-Gotten Gains

***Armors (2)***
    2x Spelleater Bands

***Weapons (4)***
    4x Anklebreaker

TOTAL: 47 cards + Hero

What I'm finding is that I'm having trouble keeping my allies on the board. Jasmine and Aldon are obvious target for any opposing player, and smaller allies like Sword Thief don't seem to last either. Shadowstalker gets wiped out by abilities.

Anklebreaker is awesome, but I'm finding lately that by the time I get them out I'm already at a major board disadvantage and while they disable 1 ally, the opponent usually as 1 or 2 others.

I'm wondering if the deck just doesn't have enough synergies between cards. I've noticed a lot of card combos being played against me, and other than using Aldon to buff the board (which I can't maintain), a lot of my cards are operating independently. Is this hurting me?

So I guess my biggest question is to get suggestions on how to actually play this deck. Is my resource curve and temp off? I love this game and really want to the point where I can be reasonably competitive and hopefully be able to maintain a 150-175 rating.