Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serena in [SF]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Serena in [SF]

Hello everyone!

Im a big fan of Serena and fell in love with Blankets (serious) version of Serena Superdraw (2.0). Im testing some builds with the SF cards and didnt come to deep changes, exept for the inclusion of Skilled Ironmonger as well as Thoughtripper's Cutlass... But in most cases I find Anklebreaker still way more effective to keep board in control. Ironmonger seems to me as a pretty useful alternative to Nightshade and a possible target to exhaust for Assassination. Additoinaly it helps to keep you weapons on the board. I run a 2/2 split with them.

How about you and your experiences?

Best regards!
    Last edited by Bismarck; 05-01-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sword thief is a auto 4 of in my opinion best card for roges in SF
    AB is still the no 1 choice for me 1 more durability with ally control, with TC still need too buff most times to kill a ally and night shade over skilled iron monger
    I run 7 weapons so no need for skilled iron monger
    I may be wrong but dont see alot for serenna in SF so far
    Last edited by Frantic; 05-01-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantic View Post
    I may be wrong but dont see alot for serenna in SF so far
    That's exactly why I wrote this post!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Serena in [SF]

Serena became obsolete now that Garth is around. Except against solo heroes he is better with weapons than Serena. Simple Example: Garth can one shot Morbyd Acolyte with Cutlass, Serena can't.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Serena became obsolete now that Garth is around. Except against solo heroes he is better with weapons than Serena. Simple Example: Garth can one shot Morbyd Acolyte with Cutlass, Serena can't.
    True but when it goes right she is a lot of fun

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Serena just joined Logan.... Garth can kill any ally with his weapons, Abilites or his allies

But not Serena 4 attack, can barely kill any ally now..

She should marry and stay at home..she will do better ..lucky husband .lool
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, I posted the entry below on a test server discussion thread previously. I just hit 310 rating on QM with Dark Prophecy Serena, but I don't see how to sustain that with her in Shattered Fates. The coolest most fun hero out there IMO, such a shame she will see even less game play

There was a chance to develop the card discard/starve theme in to a really workable style of play. Thoughtripper's cutlass is the only new card on this theme in the rogue pool. It just doesn't give Serena enough board presence against heavy hitters to include in place of existing options IMO.

Rogues struggle with stealthed allies (ironically) and certain allies who do not take any or much combat damage like wulven savage. Garth's concoction could be the answer, but would be a lot better if it did not include exhaust hero first. Serena needs to soften up opponent with poison then hit him. I don't think that would be OP.

Sword thief is still playable post-nerf and master smith a handy 2 cost ally, but not much Serena synergy with the other new rogue allies, although Fagin is fun. I'm surprised rogues have no new stealthed allies to build a stealth themed deck. You need a decent ally at t3 with 3 attack to take out Karash, or he will ruin Serena.

Why didn't Rogues get a 5 or 6 cost class ally when all other classes do? I tried building a Garth deck using good contacts. Yes it is primarily for spamming low cost allies, but to really work you need a deck built out of all rogue allies and there is this t5/6 gap. I would like an ally who can do direct damage like a DMT and maybe another with protector to protect Lyra and help on the discard theme. I guess rogues only look out for themselves so protector may not be the right flavour, but you can see what I'm driving at.

There are a lot of new threats with reactorary and buccaneer straight in to play when discarded and fortified wisp is a nightmare for shadow garb, Serena's best way to take down fatties.

There were some exciting ideas bandied around in the wulven apprentice for armours and weapons to help out Serena, so let's hope we see the rogue pool developed in the future expansions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Big fan of Serena here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post
    How about you and your experiences?
    Bad, terrible experiences!
    I gave up

Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    Serena just joined Logan....
    With the changes made to Pithing Spear, coming with the next update, I think Logan will be quite more viable than serena...

I tried to raise the issue with Serena in SF a few times already here, here and here, but to no avail.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about a rogue weapon or ally that when opponent discards an ally card from its hand, it is placed in Rogue's hand.

That could help Serena when she uses discard ability on opponent rather than playing a buccaneer or reactorary in to play against her it will give her an advantage, more than Garth or Logan. Would counter a lot of SF decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Night prowler. Not exactly what you want, for it comes close
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris