Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow, Kyle, this is awesome.

I'm impressed. It seems like the kickstarter money has really jump started some rapid development over the past month and a half or so (even if some of it is a miss, like the awful HS copy battlefield). Keep it up!

(And please re-do the battlefield).

I can't wait for competent AI, and I am very very excited for a campaign mode. Although PVP is obviously the core of SE, I bet a lot of players will find a well executed campaign mode will really help bring the game together!

Thanks!
    W
    Chris
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

plo
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    here's an idea

we can have an AI tournament !!!

just like how the japanese program robots to play football
    I am very interested in this idea, but how about we do things different a bit.

This is how I think the Tournament should work:

Phase 1) We do a Pop-up.
    Phase 2) The 3 who did best on the Pop-up will test the AI people have submitted(of course, without them knowing how made the AI).
    Phase 3) The AI who fares better against those players will be the winner.

This sounds like a lot of fun

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very cool! I especially like the idea of allowing the community to modify and tweak the AI. That's definitely the kind of unique and fresh feature this game needs to set it apart from the competition. Thanks for the update, Kyle!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would use it.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzorath View Post
    Definitely interested... though I would definitely recommend adding a 'probability' tool to the tree (ie "if situation X = true ( 75% chance of action A, 25% chance of Action B ); else (25% chance of Action A, 75% chance of Action C ) - would allow for making "newbie" AIs that randomly make mistakes... or potentially allowing for random 'long-shot' plays.
    Developing the AI in this manner sets the game up for having difficulty settings. Which I'm not entirely against. It would help people just getting adjusted to SE's playstyle.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds promising
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice, this is interesting stuff. I'm all up for creating a super rush Eladbot

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    where's the app?

and it sounds to me we'll be doing the job of the "idle" dev. give that dev more jobs!
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle..
    As a community activist for SE, I think this is a fanctastic way to involve your players in the game!
    Not only will it give the game , AI specifically , a chance to be a better challange, it's a way to entice !YOUR! community here to be as involved as they want.
    SE already has some of the smartest, most diverse players out there, and from the very young to the pretty old ( I'm not naming names here), they care about everything from game balance/ development to respectful interaction and the growth of SE which is the community.
    I am very impressed at this move, as your staff is going to be flooded with decks when it comes out and I hope your ready for that.
    Non inclusion of a deck or play style created by and active and respected member will bring thread upon thread of questions and rants, but I guess your used to that.

As for myself ( A1 member and proud supporter of SE) I think it's a pretty bold move, but please, get the art and SF release finialized first!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am most likely not going participate :/ but only because I program all day at work, and then for homework when I get home.

But I am very thankful for this because I was worried that the AI would be "improved" by people that aren't even good at the game, so I was going to suggest that wulven let a select group of players help with logic, but this idea is much better.

Just please don't take forever getting this implemented